Brotsky 03-Feb-20
Scooby-doo 03-Feb-20
PAOH 03-Feb-20
glidingindian 06-Feb-20
Shawn 07-Feb-20
boly 09-Feb-20
Scooby-doo 09-Feb-20
02-Feb-20
I am going back to saddle hunting now it has kind of refined itself and I am looking for a very lite yet super warm jacket to carry in my saddle pack. Is it the Sitka Incinerator, First Lite Santuary or is there another? Goes not have to be camo but quiet and warm! Thanks! Shawn

02-Feb-20

Shiras42's Link
Here you go!

02-Feb-20
The incinerator is not quite. I really liked my sanctuary jacket but after a couple years the insulation lost its loft and dosen't keep me warm at all. Love my fanatic jacket but it definitely isn't light or packable.

02-Feb-20
2 base layers, Fanatic hoody, Celsius jacket, Stratus bibs.

02-Feb-20
For super light you could use a down or synthetic puffy with a lightweight fleece over it.

02-Feb-20
If you need both super-warm AND very light weight and packable, you probably want a puffy. You may have to wear it as a mid-layer though. Virtually all puffies are way too loud for most bowhunting when worn as an outer layer. Personally I give up a little on weight and go with good old-fashioned fleece with a wind-stopping liner.

02-Feb-20
First Lite Chamberlin down jacket.

02-Feb-20
I will be hunting Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska this year and from late Oct ubtil Thanksgiving. I would say lows could be below zero. I have all the Cabelas whitetail extreme wooltimate but it is heavy, crazy warm but heavy. I worry about my upper body, my feet I keep warm with good boots and my lower half rarely gets cold. I was thinking a Pnuma heated vest a pufflayer and than a jacket but again that all adds weight. I will carry my clothes and dress at the tree even when super cold. Thanks! Shawn

02-Feb-20
If your planning to carry all that just get the fanatic jacket and bibs. You don't need a crazy layering system with the fanatic.

02-Feb-20
Here’s what works for me. If it’s single digits or lower, Fanatic with Sitka Midi and two base layers; merino heavy weight over core lightweight. Above single digits, I drop the Midi and maybe add the Fanatic Hoody up to about 20 degrees. I drop the Hoody above 20 or so. Anything above 30, I switch the Fanatic bibs and jacket out with the Stratus pants and Celsius jacket. I’ll adjust this a bit if it’s windy but with just a few pieces, I’m covered for almost any weather condition I expect to see. The new Sitka gear is such a great system.

03-Feb-20
My point is to carry the bare minimum yet stay warm. I have my set up including pack down to 18#s so another 8#s of clothes would be fine. No one mentions the First Lite stuff, is it no good, noisy, etc. ? Shawn

03-Feb-20
Good luck finding a more efficient weight-to-warmth ratio system than the Sitka Fanatic for treestand hunting in late season. I've been waiting my whole life for this stuff.

03-Feb-20
If you want to try the newest version on the Fanatic you can borrow mine and see how you like it, have the fanatic bibs as well so you can see the difference in material.

03-Feb-20
Kelvin light

03-Feb-20
James great offer, I am heading to a local field and stream. They have both in stock so I can actually see them for myself. It appears Fanatic may be the way to go. I would love to see the First lite on person too! Shawn

03-Feb-20
First Lite is excellent whitetail gear. I left the Sitka behind and went all First Lite a couple years ago and really like it. The solitude set would be perfect for what you want to do. Throw in a puffy jacket if it gets really, really cold, like below 20.

03-Feb-20
I went and looked at the Sitka Fanatic and tried on an XL jacket. I only had a thin hoodie on and it was tight, real tight. I am 5'11"s and right about 225 with 48" Chest and pretty solid for 55 years old. I liked it but would like to compare the same in First Lite Solitude or maybe the sanctuary jacket. How is the material on the Solitude jacket and the sanctuary jacket as well compared to the Fanatic? Thanks! Shawn

03-Feb-20
Love my First Lite Sanctuary. It is a bit bulky but very warm and fits perfect. I wear First Lite merino & an Arris heated vest which I rarely turn on. Also it is very quiet.

06-Feb-20
My set up for Kansas in November and early December is the Pnuma heated vest you Mentioned ( get two batteries! ) over the lightest merino tshirt and Kuiu super down jacket over the vest. You will still need a jacket of some type over the down but the super down is incredibly warm, incredibly light, easily stuffable. . Too noisy and easy to tear to wear without coverage. Have had one for years and used from goats in BC, elk in NM , sheep in NWT as well as wt in Kansas. Even turkeys in Alabama. consider it the best piece of clothing I have ever owned. I looked at the Kutana jacket by kuiu yesterday at SCI. . Can be worn as outer layer , a little heavier than super down but has tapered sleeve for bow hunting. Probably gonna buy it but no experience with it. Am a die hard kuiu fan, great products and great customer service.

07-Feb-20
Ground hunter Kansas and Nebraska last year in mid Nov there were several days it did not get over 15 and the mornings wind chills were 15 the to 20 below. I think I am going with the heated vest, a down puffy and lite jacket

09-Feb-20
I have this same question myself. I am thinking hard about two different options; the Kuiu super down pro or the Kifaru Slick jacket. Which one wil be warmer/better. The usefor me is to put in my pack and then when I get to where I'm stopping I'll put it on and stay warm. I have a Kenai jacket and it isn't warm enough.

09-Feb-20
I bought the heated vest and the first lite sanctuary jacket, I am sure I will be good down to zero or colder! Shawn

• Sitka Gear