Chief 419 05-Aug-20
Shrewski 06-Aug-20
04-Feb-20

Nick Muche's embedded Photo

Nick Muche's Link
The Alaskan Bowhunters Association was able to secure an wonderful 12 Day Safari with Duiker Safaris in Namibia! This raffle is for 1 Hunter and 1 Observer and it includes up to $4,000.00 for Airfare to get you there! Over a $20,000 value and we are only selling 300 tickets! If you ever wanted to go to Africa on the cheap, here's your chance!

This hunt includes 9 plains game animals (Kudu, Gemsbok, Burchell’s Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Warthog, Impala, Springbok, Eland);

A Day trip to Etosha Wild Game Preserve (sightseeing trip);

Airport pickup/drop-off in Namibia;

All daily fees included; all trophy fees for the above animals included;

Food and lodging at Duiker Safaris

Hunt is good for 2020 or 2021!

Raffle Tickets can be bought at the link attached, or https://www.akbowhunters.com/

04-Feb-20
Excellent. Thanks Nick And the rest of the Alaska Bowhunters.

04-Feb-20
If you’ve never been to Africa, you really should go! If you have been to Africa, you know how fun this trip would be!!

I’m in to go again!!

04-Feb-20
So if I’m understand it right that includes airfare credit as well!? You could basically do it for $0 out of pocket. Well assuming you are like some guys on BS and refuse to tip...

I’ll be in for 1.

—jim

04-Feb-20
Nick, I wasn't able to find the outfitter on the Bowsite outfitter reports. Have you hunted with them? Would like to know more about them....

04-Feb-20
I'm in

04-Feb-20
Jake, I have not hunted with them but one of our Board Members has several times and he has very good things to say about them.

$4,000.00 for Airfare is included!

04-Feb-20
Been wanting to go back to Africa. If one already has the majority of these animals would they trade out animals? Just curious

04-Feb-20
I’d guess that’s a possibility. Feel free to email the outfitter directly with any questions you may have. Bennies email address is [email protected]

05-Feb-20
Thank you.

05-Feb-20
In for the win!

05-Feb-20
Going to buy a ticket either way, but I am curious. Is the VAT included as well?

Bghunter, if you get the answer about switching out some animals, could you please post it? I am in the same boat as you as far as animals.

05-Feb-20
I’ve shot all those animals, and multiple of most, but I’m ready to shoot another of each! ;) but I might want to swap some out if possible as well. But I won’t win, so it really doesn’t matter ;)

—Jim

05-Feb-20
you twisted my arm....I am in

05-Feb-20
I've hunted with this guy (accidently bought it at the ABA banquet auction a few years back).

Was a great trip. Didn't kill much for a number of reasons but I'd go back in a heartbeat. Africa is a unique place.

05-Feb-20
I attempted to send an email to the ph about the hunt. Not sure if it went through. If I hear anything I will post the response

06-Feb-20
Africa has really never been on my list, but for the cost and where my donation goes, Im in.

06-Feb-20
What year does the hunt have to take place?

Can I call in a big kudu with a bull magnet? ;-)

06-Feb-20
Heard back. As long as total cost was kept within package they should be able to swap animals.

06-Feb-20
Here is his email is anyone has any questions [email protected]

06-Feb-20
2020-2021

06-Feb-20
Thanks bg!

10-Feb-20
I'm in BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winner, Winner... chicken dinner :)

12-Feb-20
You guys are going to get me shot. I can’t resist theses raffles and have to buy a couple tickets every time. I’d buy more but if my wife gets wind of this and other raffles I’m in I could be in serious trouble. I have a real problem with buying raffle tickets. I even bought an ink stamp with my name on to keep from writing my name. But I do enjoy it.

12-Feb-20
I just told my wife that I wish that I thought I’d really go if I won. She said “I’m packed”. I love that woman !

13-Feb-20
Got an email from P&Y about some things the ABA is fighting for in the Alaska legislature.

The real question though, when is the ABA going to take all these $100 donations and go after the non-resident guide requirements for sheep, grizz, and goat?

Limit the number of non-residents hunting those species and make it a draw. I'd think that would improve resident hunting opportunities for those species.

13-Feb-20
Jason, the ABA is focused on Bowhunting, not Res/NR allocations. As soon as you can get APHA on board with what you proposed, I'd guess that's when it'll happen.... AKA - Never.

13-Feb-20
Yeah Nick, I know the reality of that situation and my question was pretty much tongue-in-cheek.

13-Feb-20
I know you know that, but other people reading this may not :) Hope you the wife and baby are enjoying Colorado. See you this fall!

13-Feb-20
Stay the course, you all are doing great work. Thank you for the opportunity you provide and for promoting fair chase bowhunting

17-Feb-20
Finally got my winning ticket. Would be really nice to win and go in 2021 for my 40th birthday ;)

17-Feb-20
I don’t know how you got it Bake, cause I bought it 4 days ago. I’m hoping to win and go for my 100th birthday next year!

—Jim

17-Feb-20
It'll be my 3rd trip. To say im excited about winning is an understatement :)

18-Feb-20
I'm in.

26-Feb-20
Well since the BOW Governors tag is sold out I thought I’d bring up this awesome opportunity. I’ve made my donation here as well; how are the ticket sales going ABA boys?

02-Mar-20
Everybody up there must be ice fishing.

03-Mar-20
Thanks for bringing this back to the top! Ticket sales are about 1/4 of the way there. At this rate those of you in will get smoking good odds for a trip this expensive!

06-Mar-20
I still suffering from taxidermy expenses due to my last African trip, but I'm weak and couldn't resist. I'm in.

24-Jun-20
Bringing this one back to the top, I have a feeling the odds will be far better than 1 in 300, so if you want to win a trip to Africa, here's your chance!

24-Jun-20
In again...

24-Jun-20
Why not again lol Think they would push it to 2022?

24-Jun-20
was kinda hoping everyone would forget about this until I won

25-Jun-20
How many more tickets to hit 300?

25-Jun-20
Embarrassed to say, but quite a few! We will be drawing in August no matter how many are left.

25-Jun-20
I'm in.

29-Jun-20
I’m in

05-Jul-20
What kind of bow poundage does one need for a hunt like this? I’m 68 and pull approximately 48#. I hunt whitetail and elk but have never been to Africa.

05-Jul-20
48# is plenty if your arrow is flying straight, Good FOC and your BH doesn’t lose too much energy going in.

05-Jul-20
Sounds like a super deal. Already lost my Africa trip this year due to the COVID pandemic, but rescheduled the same dates next year. Then, right after I get back, will be going to Greenland for musk ox and caribou. Hopefully the ABA will have this raffle again next year!

07-Jul-20
If you win is this a taxable item and do you have to take an observer?

07-Jul-20
I'm in

21-Jul-20

Bringing this one back to the top for anyone interested in some incredible odds at a All Expense Paid (basically) trip to Africa. We will be drawing for this hunt/package on 1 Aug, so times running out... There are LOTs of tickets left, your odds are better than ever. Best of luck and thank you all for your support, it's truly appreciated!

23-Jul-20
TTT

23-Jul-20
Nick could you split the animals taken with your spouse ? Her kill a couple and you kill a couple ?

23-Jul-20
I am not sure, but I'd be willing to bet that whomever wins will have the luxury of working out many alternate options with the outfitter.

23-Jul-20
I’m in. Appreciate you guys kicking this back up to the top.

23-Jul-20
I bought another one as Nick was very generous with his time helping me on a bear hunt. This one is clearly a donation as I already bought the winner.

Good luck guys

24-Jul-20
Thank you everyone, we appreciate it! 7 more days until we draw!

24-Jul-20
Looking forward to the good news of winning ;)

02-Aug-20
So who was the lucky person?

03-Aug-20
Raffle was set to run for a few more hours so I won’t cut anyone short who wanted the lucky last ticket. Substantially better odds this time for whoever is in :)

I work 12 hours the next few days, I’ll draw it live On our Facebook page Wednesday morning at 830am AK time (heading out the door for a mountain goat hunt as soon as the winner is announced).

05-Aug-20
Congrats to Kirk Rassmussen from Kodiak AK! Thanks again to all who helped support the fundraising efforts. We are on a mission this year to help rejuvenate the local clubs and ranges in Alaska and get even more NASP kits into the schools. Watch for the next raffle later this fall, it will certainly be one everyone will be interested in :)

05-Aug-20
Congrats to Kirk! You’re going to have the experience of a lifetime. Take it all in. Remember the details. Take plenty of pictures and video. Full trip report is mandatory.

06-Aug-20
That’s great. Congratulations and looking forward to the next opportunity to support the Alaska Bowhunters.

• Sitka Gear