spike buck 13-Feb-20
Kg 15-Feb-20
spike buck 15-Feb-20
04-Feb-20

spike buck's embedded Photo
Wayne Stumf… June 2019
Wayne Stumf… June 2019
Spring 2020 will be our Families 46th year of offering Black Bear Hunting. Our Camp has 10 Bear Management Areas allowing us to move to new areas each year..... maintaining the high population of Bears.

Picture shows ONTARIO has the genetics to hit the record books!!! We will announce the score of our bears after I get the official records from our clients!!

04-Feb-20

Bobby Vlach and his 2018 trophy.
Bobby Vlach and his 2018 trophy.

04-Feb-20

Our bears stay in their den longer than most other areas as the snow pack will not recede until early May. Season begins in Ontario, May 1rst this year. We wont take any hunters till mid May. Because of late emergence of the bears out of their dens, average Spring body weights of our bears will be 180 to 190 pound. Of course the older ages of many of our bears taken, will show in their skull measurements. Many large bears are taken each year at our camp..... just like any other jurisdictions across Canada!!! No province is better than the other for trophy bears. Many outfitters are proud of their bears taken and have reason to be. Many have to justify the price of their hunts through claims of unofficial P&Y status. Pope and Young scorers I have had in camp the last few years, tell me only advertise a P&Y bear AFTER the paper work comes in the mail.

04-Feb-20
Yep all kinds of green scores out there ,the dry scores tell a different story that we mostly don’t hear of. The problem is when there dry and ready to officially be scored most guys don’t bother with it. In my camp anyways that’s why I like going by size of the bear ,skull size is just a crap shoot imo.

04-Feb-20

Chuck Hanlon.... 2016 Fall Bear!!
Chuck Hanlon.... 2016 Fall Bear!!
As Alex has just said.... But would be cool to see an official certificate such as this pic to accompany claims of any P&Y score by an Outfitter.

05-Feb-20
We now have a 10th bear management area assigned to Pine Acres Bear Camp. Signing papers today!!! Area is huge and ATV access only for the most part. Only 3 miles from camp. I'll post a map as soon as I get it downloaded.

05-Feb-20
The fact is only a tiny fraction of eligible animals of any common species are entered. Most people simply don’t care about the publication and validation. If someone gets a 19 1/4 green they know it’s not losing 1 1/4” and they have a bear they can call pope and young. That’s what they care about not getting it measured by some guy in a distant place sending in Affidavits and checks etc. if 10% of eligible animals are formally submitted I would be amazed

Maybe different for the more difficult and rare stuff like sheep goats polars grizz etc.

05-Feb-20
Thanks for your input Grant..... I remember Charlie telling me that he gave his bear the required drying time before he claimed it to be a P&Y. He also said it did not loose much during the drying period.

But, as an advertiser, I or anyone offering Bear hunts, should only claim a bear to be a P&Y only after the 60 day drying period, not the next day after the kill. I, or anyone else, would be misleading potential clients to instantly claim a trophy a P&Y....

13-Feb-20

Missouri Hunter... spring hunt
Missouri Hunter... spring hunt
We will be attending the Indiana Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo in Indianapolis. Show starts next Thursday February 20 and runs till Sunday the 23rd. We will be at Booth # 358.

Show opens noon on Thursday, Friday and 10:00 am Saturday and Sunday....

Come check out what we offer for our 2021 Spring and Fall Bear Hunts. WE are currently booked up for our 2020 Bear and Whitetail hunts.

Semi Guided Bear Hunts.... baits will be active when you are shown your bait site mid day Sunday. Baiter / Guide will take you out to your site after going over trail cam pics of the bears active on the site. Before venturing out to your assigned site, we will explain what you need to know on sizing your bears. Will also go over regulations you will need to know. Will show you how to rebait your site as it will be up to the hunter to take over the baiting of his assigned site. We will supply more than enough bait for you to keep multiple bears visiting your site. It is important to ask questions and bait your assigned site the way baiter / guide explains it should be done. Much of your success will depend on it!!

Will also have to travel to baited sites with your own vehicle and if prearranged by your own ATV's. ***Our "NEW" large BMA is mostly ATV accessible. It will also be a "BOW ONLY AREA". WE will track and retrieve your bears with your help. Some hunters track and retrieve their own bears. Treestands included.

6-16 hunters per week Main Camp average 12... mostly bowhunters, 80% repeat hunters. Pine Acres Bear Camp has 10 LARGE BMA's. Lots of Bear Area for our hunters.

Hunt costs $1595.00 USD for 2021 Bear Hunts, plus tax and license. Skinning is $100.00 USD extra.

1-807-221-9793 or pineacres@bellnet.ca

15-Feb-20
Chris, I will stop by and see you thursday to talk about next year

15-Feb-20

See you there Kirk....

Will be booking for winter wolf 2021 at the show also... $1695.00 USD.... Wolf hunt is our only "FULLY" guided hunt we offer. Includes outpost cabin and all meals. CITIES permit for trip home.

• Sitka Gear