Ambush 07-Feb-20
geoffp 09-Feb-20
Busta'Ribs 09-Feb-20
Trial153 09-Feb-20
stagetek 09-Feb-20
SDHNTR(home) 10-Feb-20
Busta'Ribs 10-Feb-20
05-Feb-20
After a few years with Leica Geovids, I'm going back to a separate bino/rf system. I have a Kuiu Pro harness for the binos and need a rangefinder pouch to mount alongside. RF is a Leica CRF 2400. I tried the Kuiu RF pouch but it's too small and snug. I need one that offers easy in/out access to limit movement, and it needs to be dead quiet. Noisy Cordura is a deal breaker. Who makes one that's quiet?

05-Feb-20
the ADAK one is super quiet, not sure if it will fit a Kuiu harness though

05-Feb-20
+1 on the ADAK!

05-Feb-20
Can you even buy the Adak pouch separately? That was one of my beefs when they first came out with their bino harness. The thing comes as a system I believe.

05-Feb-20
At this point, no. They are in the process of making accessories available separately, but when that actually happens is anyone’s guess.

05-Feb-20
Try cutting down the sides of the Kuiu rangefinder case. I cut 1/3 of the way down where the elastic is shown into both the front and back panels. I then folded the newly created lose elastic tag down into the case and sewed it in place. This accomplished two things; one it provided more clearance to grab the edge of the rangefinder and second it allowed the clam shell type case to open more easily when placing the rangefinder in or taking it out.

05-Feb-20
Loop mine around bino harness and stick it in my right hand pocket on shirt or vest. Only way I can do it that I am 100% satisfied. It's quiet, it's right there, it's easy to grab and use quickly.

05-Feb-20

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
After fiddling with pouches for years, (still have a Kuiu) I took the advice from some smart bowsiters and glued a plastic clip on. It doesn’t get anymore dirt or water on it than when in the pouch and possibly less. When I grab it, my finger is on the button and with the tether I can just let go. No more pouches for me!

06-Feb-20
One of the reasons I chose the vortex 1500 rangefinder was the included clip, I clip it right on the harness of my kuiu pro. Either that or I do like Nick and stick it in my shirt pocket. Never found anything else that I've liked, was quick and quiet.

06-Feb-20
I'm a shirt pocket guy, too. But I never attempt to actually range the animal before shooting. I range landmarks around my ambush spot ahead of time, then use those known distances as references when the animal gets within range. Fiddling with the range finder right before shooting always seems too distracting for me. I'd rather keep my focus on the animal, with my release attached and ready to draw. Not saying that's right or wrong, just how I prefer to do it.

Matt

06-Feb-20
The Kuiu pouch will stretch some with time. Mine started out real snug but after a summer of 3D it did stretch out so it was about perfect for my Nikon RF. Not sure how snug it is on your Leica but food for thought. I can use mine quickly and one handed now no problem out of my Kuiu pouch.

07-Feb-20
What? Only wives can knit GH? Sounds like you need some sensitivity training.

07-Feb-20
Don't google "knitted pouch"!!! You'll need counselling!

09-Feb-20
The Outdoor Vision rangefinder pouch is made with a brushed fabric, specifically for that purpose. To be quiet. It is sized a tad bit larger than typical, or ease of in and out. Since it is forward opening, it is simple, one-handed use. Also comes with a lanyard for attaching your RF to the pouch if desired. PM sent. Here is a link: https://outdoorvisiongear.com/products/rangefinder-pouch

09-Feb-20
Ok, I’ll be the guy who asks. Why are you ditching the Geovid’s and going back to a two unit system?

09-Feb-20
Mystery Ranch ...

09-Feb-20
Outdoor Vision is the quietest I've used. But, I like the idea of gluing a clip on and using the stretch lanyard.

10-Feb-20
Busta', A couple reasons really. One, I felt like the low light clarity of the Geovids was lacking, at least to my eyes. And second, the separate rf is just easier to operate, with less movement. The big bino was just more cumbersome for me to get a range reading.

I will have to check out the outdoor vision model.

10-Feb-20
Thanks SD. I ask because I finally broke down and bought a pair of 8x42 HD Geovids on a great Black Friday deal this past November. Been wanting to combine the two units forever but was too cheap to drop the coin. And as soon as I do, I see your post, so I was curious.

• Sitka Gear