jstephens61 06-Feb-20
Zebrakiller 06-Feb-20
Spiral Horn 06-Feb-20
TrapperKayak 06-Feb-20
SableSlayer 07-Feb-20
Zebrakiller 07-Feb-20
Spiral Horn 08-Feb-20
06-Feb-20
Do to my schedule this year I cant get to Africa til late sept, anyone hunt Africa in sept and do good

06-Feb-20
September is the sleeper month for bow hunters in Africa... It's nearing the end of dry season, but the weather is still mild and comfortable... Animals still moving well to water, minerals and food....You will love it..!

06-Feb-20
Went with African Barefoot in September of 14 and it was amazing! Saw herds of zebra and took my pick. Can home with 2. It was unreal the amount of animals I saw. Had 14 shooter Kudu bulls in front of me when I took mine. It was supposed to be the worst time to go, September and a Super Moon. If it’s the worst, I couldn’t stand the best!

06-Feb-20
Thanks Firehuntfish ill go trust your advise on here!

06-Feb-20
Depends on where in Africa. But if talking Nambia, RSA, Zim, or Moz, the later into Sep or if it slips into Oct, the temperature will begin to get noticeably hotter with a greater chance of rain. I’ve had a few great September African Bowhunts, but haven’t pushed it past mid-Sep. Also, watch the moon when scheduling a plainsgame hunt because it certainly has an effect on daytime animal movement. Late Sep this year is the bright moon, all things considered - higher temps, increased chance of rain, less game movement???

06-Feb-20
I went to Limpopo area in Sept and started hunting the first week of their spring (our fall). It was warm during the day, very dry, and cool at night, almost no rain for months, and none while I was there. I shot a nice impala buck and a blue wildebeest. I could have shot more but elected not to. I'd say it was pretty good and there was not a lot of foliage to contend with. Not a lot of flies until it warmed mid day.

07-Feb-20

SableSlayer's embedded Photo
42" Sable 2019
42" Sable 2019
42 " Sable 2018
42 " Sable 2018
38" Zambian Sable 2018
38" Zambian Sable 2018
41" Sable 2015
41" Sable 2015
I've hunted with Dries Visser Safaris in RSA 5 times since 2011in late August to mid September, hunting the new moon, with phenomenal results. It's near the end of their dry winter season, starting to get hot, with little to no natural feed left which drives the animals to water holes, including some that don't frequent water like steenbuck, black wildebeest, gemsbuck and large eland bulls. On my first safari I took 11 animals in three days in September! So naturally, that's when I have returned. I've been the only hunter in camp on two of those occasions. I've taken 49 animals in 45 days of hunting since 2011. Ten of those making the top 30 in the SCI record book and all but a few making the top 100. I asked Dries when the best time to hunt was and he told me in September. I asked him why so many hunters want to come in July. He said he didn't know, but that was an American thing. (I think because that is when many traditionally have vacation time.) Because of a scheduling conflict I booked to return this year in early August. I soon discovered that the airfare is $1000+ dollars more to fly to RSA before August 15th! Last week I contacted DVS and they still had one opening in September and were able to accommodate me. I immediately booked my airfare and saved $1100! (Our little secret!) My experience is limited to DVS but, hunting with them in September means hot dry weather, a target rich environment and great trophy quality. Throw in the great people, great service, great food and lower airfare... it's a hunter's dream come true. What more could you want?

07-Feb-20
Thanks everyone, September is booked

08-Feb-20
Depends on where in Africa. But if taking Nambia, RSA, Zim, or Moz, the later into Sep or if it slips into Oct, the temperature will begin to get noticeably hotter with a greater chance of rain. I’ve had a few great September African Bowhunts, but haven’t pushed it past mid-Sep. Also, watch the moon when scheduling a plainsgame hunt because it certainly has an effect on daytime animal movement. Late Sep this year is the bright moon, all things considered - higher temps, increased chance of rain, less game movement???

• Sitka Gear