BowJangles 09-Feb-20
svrelk 11-Feb-20
svrelk 11-Feb-20
Sawpilot75 11-Feb-20
whacknstack 19-Feb-20
XbowfromNY 19-Feb-20
Mule Power 19-Feb-20
07-Feb-20
Looking for recommendations for a good Mt. Lion outfitter. I would prefer one who has guided a Traditional Bowhunter if at all possible. I’m starting to do some research and planning a couple years out. Any helpful information from anyone here who has hunted Cats before would be greatly appreciated.

07-Feb-20
A couple questions: What kind/size of cat are you looking for? Why does it matter outfitter wise that you are traditional on a cat hunt?

07-Feb-20
Doesn’t have to be a Monster Cat. As far as being a Trad guy, I have met guides/outfitters that prefer not to have Traditional Bowhunters in the past. Just trying to save myself time. Thanks.

07-Feb-20
Can’t go wrong with Canyons West Guide Service in Nevada. Dave is the best houndsman I’ve ever been around.

07-Feb-20
Fred and Cody Wallace at Cat Track outfitters. Top notch outfit and excellent houndsmen.

07-Feb-20
Cat Track Outfitters runs a very high success hunt. Cats are there specialty hunt they offer and the main focus on the outfitting operation. They will get you a shot at a nice cat with trad gear. Look at there website and Facebook page if you have FB. 16 cats so far this year. I killed a really nice tom on the first day of my hunt

07-Feb-20
If you don't have to shoot a giant, there are quite a few good cat guys in the States. Cat Track comes up all the time as being excellent. My experience with Cats is Canada. You can't beat Byron Stewart for great cats but you will probably wait years to get in. Ben Storuac with Arcadia is also fantastic for cats. Tysen Mackin (Mackin Outfitting) is also another great option in Canada. There are many more in Canada but these three top notch outfits in my experience. I don't think any of these Canadian outfits would have any issues what-so-ever with a Traditional Hunter. I know for sure Ben wouldn't. You're gonna pay more in Canada for sure.

07-Feb-20
Cody Carr !!

Maybe to soon:)

07-Feb-20
Hunt Man beat me too it. Cody Carr has lots of fanboys here.

07-Feb-20
Byron Stewart if money is no issue and you have time to wait to go

07-Feb-20
Canyons West in NV! Bowsiter just whacked one an hour ago with them.

07-Feb-20
Track Em Outfitters in Howard Colorado.

07-Feb-20
mick chapel doesn't matter if there's no snow

07-Feb-20
I really appreciate the feedback guys. This gives me several options to research. Many thanks and keep it coming.

07-Feb-20
Track Em Outfitters in Howard Co

07-Feb-20
I can’t say enough good things about Dave Gowan with Canyons West in Nevada.... amazing experience!

07-Feb-20
I’ll throw another recommendation in for Canyons West. I don’t think there’s a better choice.

07-Feb-20
Kelly Morton Hunting from Alberta (and he offers BC cat hunts too) has excellent hounds, his wife is a great cook and overall has a fine operation and catches some big cats (cougar, lynx and bobcat). I just hunted lynx with him on a cancellation hunt and was very impressed. Good luck on your hunt!

08-Feb-20
Cat track outstanding.

09-Feb-20
X3 Track Em Outfitters in Howard, Colorado. Bill runs a top notch operation and I killed a huge tom on the first morning of the hunt that qualifies for B&C, P&Y and would fetch a gold medal SCI. Bill, Amber and Andrew will work as hard as anyone to get you the lion that you’re after. Amber even got pictures and video footage of my hunt. It was the most awesome hunt that I have been on

09-Feb-20
I took a great cat on day one with Wade Lemon in Utah last month with my recurve.

11-Feb-20

svrelk's embedded Photo
155lbs 14 5/8"
svrelk's embedded Photo
155lbs 14 5/8"
svrelk's embedded Photo
163 lbs....14 3/4".
svrelk's embedded Photo
163 lbs....14 3/4".
Justin Burdett...... He just finished a father and 2 sons hunt... All 3 killed... 2 stud Tom's and one mature female... In 7 days..

11-Feb-20

svrelk's embedded Photo
svrelk's embedded Photo
I can attest to his work ethic and stellar dogs. I have a pup from his oldest dog and he's been a rockstar in his first season for me...

DM me if you'd like his number..

11-Feb-20
Man, great Cats! Looks like lots of great options.

19-Feb-20
I sent you a private message with some information.

19-Feb-20
Wade Eckel (Arizona) if you want dry ground and no snow. You'll get a Tom

19-Feb-20
Reggear Outfitters out of Orofino Idaho. Lions, bobcats, bears. A houndsman 24/7/365. Call some references and you’ll be ready to book the hunt.

• Sitka Gear