craigmcalvey 09-Feb-20
RJ Hunt 09-Feb-20
ELKMAN 12-Feb-20
greenmountain 12-Feb-20
Bou'bound 16-Feb-20
Arrowflinger 06-Jun-20
papadeerhtr 06-Jun-20
08-Feb-20
I was given a Hoyt XT 2000 by a friend. I’m not a Hoyt guy and know nothing about them. I’m a lefty and as it’s a righty I can’t give it a try to get a first hand experience. The limbs look fine. Probably needs a new string. Planning on giving it to a nephew as long as there is no concerns about it.

Craig

08-Feb-20
Only responding because no one else has and wanted to push this to the top for you.

I am sure you know this, but I would take it to your nearest pro shop and have them go over it for you. GL.

08-Feb-20
XT 2000 is a limb type. If you look just above the arrow rest there should be a name listed that might give us a better idea of the age of the bow. I have several Hoyt bows including a couple that date back to 2004/2005. With new strings I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them. A pro shop can certainly point you in the right direction.

08-Feb-20
XT 2000 are the limbs. (They put those limbs on many bows) I would suggest taking bow to a reputable bow tech/shop. Figure you should replace string/cables. (I would budget around $100).

08-Feb-20

Bowboy's Link
The limbs on the Hoyts are pretty well made. Like stated make sure the strings are good. Here is the link to the tune charts from thier website. Just look on the bow and it'll tell you what model it is. I've been shooting Hoyt since 94 and owned a few back then and had no issues.

09-Feb-20
Thanks all. My nephews are all set so this one is getting donated to a new home.

Craig

09-Feb-20
Those bows that have the XT2000 limbs were fantastic equipment in their time... and still are. They made the Cybertec, ultratec, supertex etc. would make a great hunting/target bow. I think those bows changed performance levels in the early 2000’s that paves the way for Bowtec and ode to expand on. Is a good bow. Whoever gets it will be pleased.

12-Feb-20
What does the bow say on the riser? (handle)

12-Feb-20
I don't get it. How many here have actually worn a bow out? I know the new bows may be faster but the old ones still work fine. I still drive a 1999 car so I am of the use it up persuasion.

16-Feb-20
How many here have actually worn out anything

16-Feb-20
I am worn out.

06-Jun-20
I actually did wear out my Darton Viper. I shot that bow many thousands of shots and hunted with it for 17 years. Lots of great memories made hunting with that bow!

06-Jun-20
I owned a Hoyt Magantec with those limbs. It was a solo cam and shot really well, killed a few deer with it and shot 3d. Had the ugliest camo on it that old forest floor lol

• Sitka Gear