Bou'bound 09-Feb-20
ELKMAN 10-Feb-20
greg simon 10-Feb-20
crooked arrow 10-Feb-20
ELKMAN 11-Feb-20
sdkhunter 11-Feb-20
ELKMAN 12-Feb-20
08-Feb-20
What is the difference between a crossbow expandable and a compound bow broad head?

08-Feb-20
One is used in archery for bowhunting and takes less force to open

08-Feb-20
Are you looking at Wal mart where they have them for like $15 a pack. I think the only difference is they us a slightly stronger collar on the one for x-guns. Same exact broadhead.

08-Feb-20
Thanks, I have extra collars could I replace crossbow ones with these?

08-Feb-20
Usually broadhead weight is the difference.

And that's all.

08-Feb-20
Buy Vortex be happy

08-Feb-20
Make sure it says for crossbow on the head. The difference is at over 400 FPS some expandables will open on the shot. This could hurt your crossbow if the head is behind the limbs like on a Ravin. I have used Grim Reaper and Jak Hammers with excellent results. The Grim Reapers come with a practice head that you can target shoot with. At 50 yards I can hit a 2" circle when shooting from a rest. My scope has cross hairs for out to 100 yards but I have never tried that far. I now stick to Jak Hammer because I have spare blades and parts and have killed 72 deer with them.

09-Feb-20
Additional weight available like 150gr, and the collars are a little different.

09-Feb-20
I want to use the cross bow head for my compound so speed shouldn't be a problem?

09-Feb-20
What do you mean ?

10-Feb-20
Different collars

10-Feb-20
You can shoot the "crossbow" version from your compound bow with no modifications, no problem.

10-Feb-20
Thanks good news

11-Feb-20
You can just switch collars too

11-Feb-20
My suggestion would be to only shoot xbow heads from a xbow. May work - may not work, depending on a lot of factors including your arrow weight, speed, shot angle, etc. For sure I wouldn't just swap shock collars - the diameters are different.

Some FAQ's directly from Rages website: https://www.feradyne.com/rage-broadheads/faq/

My crossbow shoots 425 FPS. Can I use standard shock collars? If your bow is shooting approximately 400+ FPS we recommend using the High Energy shock collars with a crossbow-specific broadhead

Can I put High Energy Shock Collars on my standard Hypodermic heads so I can shoot them out of my crossbow? No, you should only shoot crossbow-specific broadheads out of a crossbow

What is the difference between the standard Hypodermic and the Hypodermic Crossbow? Ferrule measures .320" (standard) .350" (XB) Hypo XB has HE shock collar, designed for highest FPS rated bows

What is the difference between standard broadheads and crossbow broadheads? The biggest difference is in the base ferrule diameter; the standard measures .320" and the crossbow measures .350". Crossbow broadheads will work better out of bows shooting 400+ FPS.

12-Feb-20
I would use standard collars on everything. I would never use the cross bow version. JMO

• Sitka Gear