flip 22-Feb-20
t-roy 22-Feb-20
flip 23-Feb-20
Scooby-doo 23-Feb-20
TJF 24-Feb-20
08-Feb-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Some guys spend thousands of dollars for a shed hunting dog. Others set out antler traps, while others spends hours upon hours searching. This method is much less tiring, although very hard on them! :-(

This is the second time I’ve done this.

08-Feb-20
how long did it take to train your truck to find shed antlers??

08-Feb-20
So this finally settles the debate. Dodge IS better than Chevy and Ford...at least at finding shed antlers.

08-Feb-20
Grizzly....this is his first season.

Not so fast, Overland. The first one I found this way, was with a Ford, plus it was a lot bigger shed as well.

08-Feb-20
Found one with my Kubota a couple years ago, lucky for me it was in the lug and didn’t puncture the tire. Then I found another hung up in my disc about a week later. No, they didn’t match :-)

08-Feb-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
With this somewhat unusual turned up main beam tip, I’m hoping a get a crack at this guy in 4-5 years. Maybe exact a little bit of payback.

08-Feb-20
I have put several into tractor tires working wheat stubble after harvest. Generally on the small fields bordering the creeks. It sucks

08-Feb-20
Were you driving in Connecticut?

08-Feb-20
Ouch! I’m pretty sure this was off one of my does, Pat ;-)

08-Feb-20
got one in a swather tire

08-Feb-20
So many deer on Troy’s place can’t even drive down the driveway without running over a couple antlers!

—jim

09-Feb-20
Hope that never happens to you again Troy.

09-Feb-20
Stepped on a 4pt WT. shed in MT. in a hayfield at night once. Luckily it didn't puncture my shoe sole and me require a tetanus shot. I was looking for sheds at night too. Heckuva way to find one.

10-Feb-20
I've found 2 this way with my tractor.

10-Feb-20
I've found 2 this way with my tractor.

10-Feb-20
You need to thin out those dink bucks. Give me a call! ;-)

10-Feb-20
How do we know it's a Dodge or Toyota. Lol

10-Feb-20
Definitely a Dodge, goelk. You can see the cancerous rust bubbles forming on the edges of the wheel wells......unfortunately notorious on Dodges.

10-Feb-20
The Ram head cast into the center of the wheel is also a clue that it's a Dodge. ;-)

Matt

10-Feb-20
OUCH! and those are hard to patch. Goodby $200

10-Feb-20
I got lucky, Paul. Got it patched today for $20. Hopefully, it holds ok. Not very miles on those tires!

10-Feb-20
Pshhh... little Iowa sheds. (Roll eyes)

10-Feb-20
That’s not what I meant when I said to “Dodge” it. You supposed to miss it not “Ram” it!

10-Feb-20
Les Schwab Tires has free patch service, I've used it several times lately...

11-Feb-20
Way to get off to a strong start Troy!!

Mark

11-Feb-20
The bane of farmers everywhere...

11-Feb-20
Yep I’ve stuck a few in tractor/ swather tires.

11-Feb-20
t-roy, when I said you should teach Hemi to find sheds I was talking about your dog, not your truck! :-)

11-Feb-20
You know it's a Dodge cause it's pulled over with a problem. Pretty impressive that beam doesn't crack.

12-Feb-20
APauls...it’s good to see that high powered mineral that I’ve been putting out, is paying off.....I think.?

13-Feb-20
We are fortunate to have a few guys who frequent this site who give us cutting edge, even bleeding edge, strategies to improve our success.

13-Feb-20
I think the odds are better to win the lottery jackpot than to do that in MN.

22-Feb-20
Had a buddy who a few years back had an opportunity at a nice eight point with a very obvious antler configuration on one side.Long story short a badshot was made and the deer was lost.Next spring while doing feildwork as he pulled to the end of the feild, here was that odd side shed stuck between the duals of the tractor,neither harming the shed or the tires.Now what are those odds?

22-Feb-20
I’d say 50-50 at best, flip ;-)

Do you think that buck survived the errant shot, made it through the winter and shed his antlers normally, or do you think that buck dropped the antler early due to the stress from the wound?

23-Feb-20
well never know

23-Feb-20
I found another method, I am doing some nuisanse deer control, so shooting some does. I shot one last week and when I went over to drag her to the tractor there was a 3 pt shed laying underneath her. She was in a rye field and the farmer said there has been as many as 80 deer in the field at night. Shawn

24-Feb-20

TJF's embedded Photo
TJF's embedded Photo
I had a similar hunt to Scooby-doo. Morning hunt before work with hopes of filling a doe tag. Doe/fawns would come out of a corn field in the morning and cross some CRP back to their bedding area. Hid in a cattail slough that they walked by. A coyote kept running the edge of the corn so the doe/fawns wouldn't come out. I finally was able to mouth/hand squeak loud enough to get the coyote's attention. He got close enough and I shot him. 15 - 20 minutes later a doe came out of the corn and walked by. 6 yard shot. Watched her drop about 60 yards away. Found the shed laying a few yards from her. Was only 10 minutes late for work !!!

Much more fun then sticking one in your tire which I have been really close to doing.

• Sitka Gear