Ben 14-Feb-20
bowman94 14-Feb-20
Highlife 14-Feb-20
DL 15-Feb-20
IdyllwildArcher 16-Feb-20
12-Feb-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
These Buffs have been spotted on public land on the loose and roaming the foothills In california. Fences don’t stop them.

12-Feb-20
My father sees animals on his property in texas that he doenst even know the name of......texas is an ecological train wreak...suck to see it spreading

12-Feb-20
I was stationed at Fort Benning back in the late 90's. I pig hunted petty much every opportunity I got. One evening, just before dark, I was walking back to my truck when 75 yards or so ahead of me on the tank trail, I saw was literally looked like a velociraptor walk out, look at me and run into the brush off the road. I was so embarrassed to mention to anyone what I saw for almost a year. Then, as I was updating my post hunting permit at the local wildlife office, I saw a "trophy photo" one of the base biologists had on his desk. It was an emu! Almost a year later, I had kept this "secret" of seeing something completely unexplainable, come to find out, they had a feral population of emus that had escaped from a neighboring farm.

12-Feb-20
My wife's grandmother was chased back in the house one day in Texas by an ostrich. No one new were it came from or were it went.

12-Feb-20
Everything is better in Texas !

12-Feb-20
I saw a peacock that was hanging with a group of turkeys. Saw them together for about 2 weeks then he vanished. Strange sight in the woods.

12-Feb-20
Where'd the buffs in CA come from and how many?

13-Feb-20
Titan don't feel bad man,,,,,,,,,,,, the confusion between velicoraptor and emus is pretty common. Just don't spend any time in Australia or you may confuse kangaroos with T-Rex.

13-Feb-20
You think Texas is bad, come to FL. We have invaders from everywhere and it’s only getting worse!! ;)

13-Feb-20
Some of the ones in NY are even getting Drivers Licenses now! Legally!

13-Feb-20
Velociraptor!!! Thats great Titan! I'm assuming you stayed out of those woods for awhile?? lol. Were you home for that year, just certain that you were going to head/read about the inevitable report of horrible deaths/maulings on the base? AND YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED IT IF YOU ONLY CAME CLEAN WITH YOUR STORY!! HAHA! I bet that was a tough year for you....

Great story

13-Feb-20
How does the state of Ca. treat invasive species?.......LIKE CAPE BUFFALO????? Can you shoot on site? Is there a closed season? Only a matter of not much time till some Paris Hilton type trying to prove they are gentle, timid creatures gets stomped into slutty jelly.

13-Feb-20
If I remember correctly there are a few farms in CA that have water buffalo for producing buffalo mozzarella. Pretty sure there water buffalo not Cape.

13-Feb-20
SW Oklahoma has a small herd of Aoudad as most people know about. I don't believe there's an open season. Most of them that are in numbers are in the foothills of the Wichita mountains and are primarily contained on private ranches by supplemental feeding, and it also offers them the terrain they prefer. They were released/escaped from certain game farms years ago is my understanding.

13-Feb-20
ki-ke, I doubt the terms 'state of CA' and 'shoot on sight' are ever spoken in the same sentence...

13-Feb-20
They look like Cape buffalo to me. You can see the boss on their heads. Don’t think water buffaloes have that.

13-Feb-20
ki-ke you said Paris Hilton would be turned into "slutty jelly" !!! I don't know what that is but it sounds like a new product. Hahahahahaha !!!

13-Feb-20
TeapperKayak .. that's funny !!! Sad but true though.

13-Feb-20
Never look a gift hunt in the mouth...... image those things dress out a bit better than a feral pig.....

13-Feb-20
You guys take the exotics, I'll take the jelly:)

13-Feb-20
Have them make their way to Illinois , we can shoot them. Hate to be the tourist or resident who thinks they are cute and tries to feed them.

13-Feb-20
Friend of mine told me of a zebra seen by hunters in eastern Montana quite a few years back. Also know of some friends in Kentucky that were hunting a bison that escaped from a meat production facility.

13-Feb-20
California is a sanctuary state, after all...................

13-Feb-20
Ollie--if that zebra was between Miles City and Baker, it is just a tame zebra someone has on their ranch. I've seen it a number of times driving to Baker. I also saw a Bighorn one time in that same area--surprised me to see one out on the flat landscape.

14-Feb-20
mmmmmm....... jelly!

14-Feb-20
"How does the state of Ca. treat invasive species?"

They give them drivers licenses and allow them to vote.

Matt

14-Feb-20
GG for the mike drop lol

14-Feb-20
Grey Ghost that is too funny and sadly true!

14-Feb-20

bowman94's Link
In response to Mdph, I believe i have found the answer to these pictures. They come from a safari park in Santa Rosa called Safari West. The Park has Cape Buffalo among its many species. That is where these mbogo are coming from.

14-Feb-20
Buffy want a carrot ? lol

15-Feb-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
There were a number of fallow and sika deer in Marin county north of SF. They were released in the 30s. There were some monster fallow buck racks on some of them. The state killed all of them off in Marin county. The state will kill these buffalo if some lucky hunter doesn’t get one first. D3 is where this picture was taken.

This zebra was about three miles from where I live. If You go to YouTube there was a zebra that got loose in Sacramento and can be seen running down a major road. It was also filmed On The Show Cops. I have that ones cape in my freezer and have he hide of the second one. Never thought I’d ever come across a Zebra in California let alone 2. Long story though.

16-Feb-20
"Where'd the buffs in CA come from and how many?"

They're congressional descendants, so theoretically, there could be quite a few.

• Sitka Gear