JLeMieux 17-Feb-20
14-Feb-20
Some new info for 2020 posted by the CPW

14-Feb-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
This is a good idea

14-Feb-20
Definitely a good change to offer add-on bear licenses for those holding a deer/elk tag for that unit.

14-Feb-20
cnelk, Thank you!

14-Feb-20
Caught the tidbit about small game licenses being good for 13 months. Does this mean you’ll be able to use 1 for two draws or does it have to be valid on the draw date?

14-Feb-20
I see the 2020 brochures are now up on-line:

https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/BigGame.aspx

14-Feb-20
@Link. Nope. Annual qualifying license purchase.

14-Feb-20
Link no they shut down the Utah way of using your license for two apps

14-Feb-20
Interesting that girl was shooting a compound with just fingers. This is the first time I've heard about eliminating the leftover list and going strictly to a secondary draw, I wonder how that will turn out.

14-Feb-20
So there will be a primary draw, then a secondary draw, then there will be a leftover list of all leftover licenses to purchase online. Is that correct? the only thing is there is no "leftover draw" It just goes directly to leftover online or counter sales after the secondary draw. I just appears the only thing that has changed is the criteria for the leftover draw. It's now called a secondary draw, open to anyone, instead of folks who were unsuccessful in the primary draw. I would guess this change was made to get more $$ from application fees. Folks can now get leftover licenses through the secondary draw and pay the application fee. They previously would have waited until leftover sale day, where no application fees are collected. Pretty sly of CPW.

14-Feb-20
And the final option will still be the re-issue list.

15-Feb-20
What's it cost if you dont draw ?

15-Feb-20
NonRes cost will be - $82.78 qualifying license + $9 app fee + $10.13 Habitat stamp. $101.91 total

Add on a $100 PP fee for Moose/Sheep/Goat

15-Feb-20
It looks like the only change is leftover draw is now called secondary draw. Open to everyone instead of unsuccessful applicants. There will still be a leftover sale starting 8/4. It's just a way to get extra people to pay for an application fee and qualifying license to take part in secondary draw.

For my part it will cost me an additional $21. I normally just buy my PLO tags from the leftover list on leftover day where there is no application charge, as there are normally a few leftover for my units. Now with everyone allowed to get in on the secondary (leftover) draw, I will have to put in for some tags on the primary draw, and list b/c tags on the secondary draw to be sure to get one.

15-Feb-20
So are the first round of returned tags going to be in the secondary draw? Looks like a huge preference to youth in the secondary draw also.

15-Feb-20
Might be some sheep & goat on there, but probably not elk/deer/pronghorn/moose. Since the Main Draw results aren't supposed to be posted until June 1-5, and they'll have to publish the Secondary Draw list by their stated opening date of June 5th.

15-Feb-20
That's why I was wondering seems like the good first batch of returned tags won't be on there

15-Feb-20
Stix, PLO? I thought you BHA guys were all about "all public, all the time". Or is there a new hunt code for Public Land Only? ;-)

15-Feb-20
Boy oh boy! I can’t wait to see the OTC trailheads now that the southwest region has gone all draw!

15-Feb-20
I bowhunt deer on private. Elk and bear on public.

15-Feb-20
It appears that CPW knows the elk calf recruitment problem in the SW is because of high bear population and are worried it may cause similar problems in other areas in the near future. For some reason they just don't want to come out and say they want to kill more bears. But they obviously do. Politics in Colorado I guess.

15-Feb-20
They said it at the Durango meeting.

15-Feb-20
I’ll have a another bear tag in my pocket this elk season. Not that it will matter, but there’s always a chance, right?

Matt

16-Feb-20
Can you apply as a group in the 2nd draw? I know guys that hunt together each year in the SW area. They are trying to figure out their options for this year. Some of the guys have no points but a couple are collecting points. That kind of takes them out of the 1st draw unless they want to burn their points on what would essentially be a 0 point unit.

17-Feb-20
JLeMieux

Tell them to just apply for points first choice and whatever unit they want second choice. If there are tags available for the second draw I bet most of them will be available as a second choice in the first draw.

Regards,

17-Feb-20
when does the draw open?

17-Feb-20
March 1st

17-Feb-20
Cnelk, Thanks..

17-Feb-20
Thanks Branden. I'll pass it on. I will be watching from the sidelines this year but will be back out next year.

• Sitka Gear