Ermine 16-Feb-20
Pop-r 16-Feb-20
HDE 17-Feb-20
Trial153 17-Feb-20
straightshooter 17-Feb-20
HDE 17-Feb-20
Trial153 17-Feb-20
14-Feb-20
Hi! I have had some cheap spotting scopes and have used a few good ones. I really dislike closing one eye . I’m thinking high power binos but NO experience. My main use will be put my back window of my home. 300-500 yrds. I have 10 x 42 power Alpine binos Which I love. What power , brand bino would be best. Plan I’m using Tripod and bino harness. Looking at whitetails mAinly but all wildlife too. Also may want to use from the truck window. Thanks in advance. Jeff

14-Feb-20
Most would probably say for that range you have enough glass. I personally am pretty much blind and carry a pair of 15's (I carry Leupolds but if you can afford them go Swaro) everywhere I go. Especially if you're going to have them on a tripod, what you will see will amaze you!

14-Feb-20
Thx! I’m thinking 15x too.

14-Feb-20
I really like my 15X Mavens. Definitely need to put them on a tripod.

15-Feb-20
Roblert Ruark once wrote a book entitled "Use Enough Gun". The Same applies to glass. You have to consider that large binos are going to be pretty heavy. Have you ever considered using and eye patch?

I have a pair of 10x42 Zeiss and have never been sorry for the expense, of course I got them on sale.

TMBB

15-Feb-20
15x is pretty standard. Unfortunately if you want to field judge or look in detail at deer, birds, or what ever you won't have the high magnification of a spotting scope. There is a big difference between 15x through binos and 60 power through a spotting scope!

It's tough to beat Swaro or Ieicas. You can also place a spotting scope on a window mount.

16-Feb-20
I also use 15X Mavens, they are quite good.

16-Feb-20
I use 12x50 Swaros. I found them to have higher FOV than the 15. And better glass. I can out glass guys with 15’s. Sitting near by

Awesome off a tripod. But I can also freehand them easy. 15’s are awesome as well however they are best off a tripod

16-Feb-20
I agree with above as I very rarely use a tripod.

17-Feb-20
Less magnification will always give a higher Field of View. Where 15's shine is when hunting "plain's game" type animals such as antelope and oryx (in NM), especially when runnin' and gunnin' from a vehicle.

17-Feb-20
I been using a phone scope coupled with a set of 12x els, off the tri pod i can zoom my phone in and its almost a doubler. I been ditching my spotter to save weight on some hunts. Works pretty good...

17-Feb-20
Great info guys. Just love Bowsite cause most info I’d experience not just what people heard. Trial153. Really like the idea of phone use. What is used to hold phone to binos?

17-Feb-20
"What is used to hold phone to binos?"

Phone Skope. It's a device that holds the phone up to the ocular of the optic.

17-Feb-20
Yes phone scope, great product and company. They also make pyro putty.....buy and put in your pack it’s excellent.

• Sitka Gear