elmer@laptop 18-Feb-20
elmer@laptop 18-Feb-20
casper 19-Feb-20
caribou77 19-Feb-20
elmer@laptop 19-Feb-20
Ermine 19-Feb-20
Hank_S 20-Feb-20
18-Feb-20
I am looking at getting a new rangefinder. Most interested in the leupold with trophy scale. I have a friend who loves his. I went to cabela's to ask questions and the guy working there tried to convince me it was a horrible choice for judging moose rack width. He said it was designed only for use measuring whitetail deer body size. Sounded like BS to me. Does anyone have any experience using this rangefinder to help judge the width of moose racks?

18-Feb-20
Made a mistake in the title..amnlooking at the leupold rangefinder with trophy scale, NOT leica.

19-Feb-20
you were right buy the leica

19-Feb-20
Ive neer even heard of such a thing. A quick look at the manual online shows it is made for judging antler widths. Why dont you just make a couple cutouts and have your friend set them at varying ranges and see if you can accurately judge them at distances with that feature on the rangefinder? if it works, you will have your answer.

19-Feb-20
Caribou...I have been doing that kind of thing for years. Much easier to have something that can help judge with more certainty in the heat of the moment. I have passed on so many bulls that I am certain were 50 -55 inches but did not have the legal number of brow tines it is maddening.

19-Feb-20
Leica is the way to go

20-Feb-20
Ermine x 2.

• Sitka Gear