Ann11 06-Jul-20
orangeguy 06-Nov-20
Milhouse 06-Nov-20
4nolz@work 06-Nov-20
Grey Ghost 06-Nov-20
Royboy 06-Nov-20
4nolz@work 07-Nov-20
19-Feb-20
I noticed on another thread a bowsiter was giving his dog cbd for its arthritis and it helped a lot. I have a buddy who is having the same issue with his 12 year old lab.Does anyone have any ideas on this problem.Thanks Lewis

19-Feb-20
Try the cbd oil. If it works, your buddies dog will think you. If it doesn’t, he isn’t out much

19-Feb-20
It seams to cure everything known to man, why not dogs as well.....

19-Feb-20
Ask a vet first, but they might not have any research to back up any advice. Hasn't been out long enough.

19-Feb-20
One of our dogs has, what could probably be called, some serious dog ptsd from abuse before my wife and I got him. I really thought it was a snake oil product, because people just claims it cures everything. In his case it works incredibly well when he goes into one of freakout episodes. Whatever gives you the munchies is maintained in the product we use, because he will eat like a maniac after it kicks in.

19-Feb-20
My buddy Robbie had to be put down 1/6/20. He was 17yrs old. For the last probably 7 months we gave him CBD for his hips and I feel it helped him. Poor little guy had too many stomach and pancreas issues to over come.

Put me in the it helps column.

Bill

19-Feb-20
Meloxicam works for dog arthritis too. It's an NSAID so there's the potential for kidney disease with long term use, but I'm of the opinion that an old dog should be comfortable at the end of life even if it has the potential to cut his/her lifespan a bit.

19-Feb-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
YES! It’s been miraculous for my 13 year old, 130 lb Bernese Mountain dog. If you’re on FB, join CBD Oil for Pets group, I learned a lot from there. I did lots of research, make sure your vendor is legitimate. I order from Lazarus Naturals but there are a lot of good companies. The doseage depends on the weight of your dog, I give mine one drop per 10 pounds twice a day. It’s helped his arthritis tremendously and he gets around like he’s 5 years younger now. It’s pretty expensive but most companies give a military or first responders discount. I get 60% off for military at Lazarus. I had been giving my dog several different supplements that helped some but nothing like CBD! Good luck

19-Feb-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Bo

19-Feb-20
I use a vet prescribed pain med and CBD for my 11 year old lab for arthritis an hips. One or both of them definitely helped. I'm not a good test subject as I'm not sure which one or both are helping. My cousin is our vet and she is the one that recommended the CBD. Its comes in a small treat form, not the oil.

19-Feb-20
So will my labs get the munchies, and what will they crave when they get the munchies? oz

19-Feb-20
Thanks all for the help some interesting information here Lewis

19-Feb-20
Cheetos of course

19-Feb-20
Can I take CBD oil to help with the stress I will inevitably have when my dog gets old and has joint problems? Maybe we can take it together and order a pizza?

19-Feb-20
As a veterinarian, we are not legally allowed to sell it in Maryland. I've had many people swear by it but it is all anecdotal testimony.

19-Feb-20
Justin, I just blew coffee through my nose... My dog used to smoke it, fat and lazy now. Ed F

19-Feb-20
Just roll one up and blow him a few shotguns, works as good or better that the oil but it will give the dog the munchies!! All kidding aside my daughter gives it to her dog who had double hip surgery and it seems to work wonders! Shawn

19-Feb-20
Someone gave me some to try on my 15 year old husky, it didn't help.

19-Feb-20
We tried it on a super hyper dog... it helped a lot. Wife quit giving it to her for fear of giving her health problems. I miss it. Dog is a handful without it.

19-Feb-20
My brother-in-law has an old boxer that has really bad arthritis. It works for him even help with the cataracts in his eyes

19-Feb-20
My dog and I take it every morning, Made a world of difference for both of us. I use windy hill hemp oil out of Colorado. They have one only for dogs. Check it out.

19-Feb-20
"So will my labs get the munchies, and what will they crave when they get the munchies? oz"

I'm pretty sure that Labs have the munchies 24/7, 365 days a year.

19-Feb-20
Cowdoc X2.Ive been a Vet for 34 years.There is no scientific proof although I'm sure it's being studied it's going to take a standardized product who knows what's out there now.We are cautioned against even recommending it and of course cannot dispense it.Alot of claims out there I suspect the whole cbd craze is just to get pot legal everywhere for people.

19-Feb-20
Maybe a vet on here could answer this. Would a dog have receptors that cannabis products attach to as in humans?

19-Feb-20
They are unique to Chordates so yes widely distributed in the animal kingdom but Vets general knowledge of neurology is pretty basic more geared toward specific conditions in specific breeds and species.

19-Feb-20
When it's all legal I'm going to use my DEA license in a kiosk in the mall and sell Bowie Wowie

19-Feb-20
Moonstar crystals hung from the dogs collar work just as good.

19-Feb-20
+Lavendar essential oils

20-Feb-20

bfisherman11's embedded Photo
As I said earlier I gave it to my dog Robbie. We tried Meloxicam but he had a sensitive stomach and couldn't tolerate the more conventional medication. Not to highjack the thread but I still miss my buddy. Some circumstances lined up, primarily the fact that I stayed in contact for 17yrs with Robbie's breeder. Unfortunately she has cancer, well she had a left over male from what may be her last litter. She talked me into taking him although I wasn't sure I was ready. All I can say is in spite of still missing Robbie it was the right thing to do because this pup is a good dog and meshing well with my wife and I. This is Robbie from last August on a fishing trip.

20-Feb-20

This is Willy. We are working on our bonding. I hope he is up to the task of trying to be a good boy like Robbie always was.

20-Feb-20
Did Robbie have pancreas issues prior to the CBD?

20-Feb-20
Yes, He had it for several years prior. I would say around 8yrs old we noticed a uptick in what sounded like a gurgling stomach. He caused a lot of his own issues because if he found some dead critter in the woods he would scarf it down. He also at about age 16 developed some kidney issues. High phosphorous was one symptom. We gave him IV fluids for a bit and he bounced back. In fact he had a strong constitution, good heart/lungs per the vet. Again, I hope to not hijack the thread but this guy would even run to the door to go outside if he had to puke. He seemed to try to not be a bother, he never was to me. Since he could not tolerate pain killers we tried CBD and it seemed to help him, even helped with his appetite till he just succumbed to being an old dog. Before CBD he wasn't moving around great. After he would even briefly play, it kept him a happy dog for a bit.

You all with older dogs, cherish them. Bill

20-Feb-20
It can't possibly work for dogs because all the Bowsite experts who've never tried it claim it's simply a placebo.

20-Feb-20
that's a good looking dog Mr Jasper

20-Feb-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase states, "TREATS WORK FOR ME AND i just turning 11"
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase states, "TREATS WORK FOR ME AND i just turning 11"

20-Feb-20
Great pics

20-Feb-20
Lou nailed it! Lol

Thank you Mr. C! He’s my 3rd son ??

20-Feb-20
We have a 10 yr old poodle that developed a disorder of pacing and trembling, about a year ago. On vet's recommendation( because they can't prescribe, and he gives it to his own dog), we started giving it to our dog daily. No more trembling and pacing.

06-Jul-20
CBD oil in general has a lot of benefits, it very well relieves pain, including nerve pain and anxiety as well. I can't understand why is it still illegal. More than that as you already know, cbd oil help to cats , dogs and etc. It is safe for pets as for people... When my dog was suffering after a hard surgery on his paw, i tried to give him this amazing cure. It started to work in a minute and all his pain was gone. So, i really recommend it to pets, it will help them to get under control their pain.

06-Nov-20
one of my friends gave his dog and cat cbd oil, they were sleeping perfectly after it and became much calmer. However, they actually used concentrate shatter I get from https://getkush.io/product-category/concentrate/shatter/, really love the quality and the servicing they provide. My friend actually noticed that he had managed to cope with all his insomnia and psychological health problems owing to the concentrate shatter, it also helped him to become really relaxed and his nerve cells are okay now, at least his wife can't now get at him because he doesn't care, lol.

06-Nov-20
I don't think anyone said it cured cancer..... but sometimes I'd swear the claim was made, because of all the people so quick to disclaim it. Cannabis is KNOWN to make cancer patients and other disorders/diseases easier to live with. Why is it so far fetched to believe the oil could help make a dog, suffering from arthritis more comfortable??? Like everything else, it may work to varying degrees, depending on the dog, but if it helps, it helps....

If you've ever watched an old dog struggle, and you have any type of compassion whatsoever, you will do whatever you can to make them feel better.

Sometimes it's just "time", but until then.... most "dog people" will do everything they can for their canine friends.

06-Nov-20
The THC helps cancer patients there is no thc in CBD

06-Nov-20
"The THC helps cancer patients there is no thc in CBD"

That all depends on what type plant it's derived from, and how it's distilled. There is pure CBD extract that has no THC. There's also CBD oil made from hemp, which has less than 0.3% THC. Then there is "full spectrum" CBD oil that is made from marijuana, and it contains all the cannabinoids, including THC.

Matt

06-Nov-20
Oregon legalized marijuana before hemp , just stay away from thc to avoid getting high. We used cbd ourselves but our dogs are not so old. You may be able to glean a hemp field after harvest and it’s easy to make your own.

07-Nov-20
Grey he's talking about nonRx OTC CBD for his dog there is no THC in that.

• Sitka Gear