JL 19-Feb-20
t-roy 19-Feb-20
Huntcell 20-Feb-20
Rut Nut 20-Feb-20
sticksender 20-Feb-20
Scrappy 20-Feb-20
19-Feb-20

JL's Link
Just seen this breaking on FNC. Didn't see any pics there.

Hunting Published 21 mins ago Wisconsin hunter makes possible record-breaking buck discovery

This is definitely the find of a lifetime.

A Wisconsin resident may have made a record-breaking discovery while shed hunting. Amazingly, this find wasn’t made during the typical hunting season.

Nate Olsen, of Orfordville, was out shed hunting (searching for bucks' dropped antlers) when he made the discovery, NBC 15 reports.

“I've shed hunted a lot,” he told the news outlet. “I've hunted a lot. I have many, many miles on my boots looking for sheds. And to come across this, it's a diamond in the rough.”

What he found was a 23-point buck that had become tangled with another buck. Amazingly, Olsen told the outlet that this was the same deer that he had been tracking for several years on a trail cam.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“The record for the biggest deer in Wisconsin ever to be found or killed is 253 inches,” he explained. “And he is flirting with breaking the record,” he says. “It's been 47 years. Let's see if he can do it.”

He also said, “It’s not that uncommon to find them tangled, but to find a deer of this caliber, is very, very uncommon.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

Olsen told NBC 15 that he does wish that he had shot the deer himself, saying, “I don't know if my arrow would have been able to stay on my rest. If I would have been able to shoot it, I don't think I would have been getting out of the tree stand too easily. I would have been calling someone up there saying, 'Carry me out of here, please.’”

19-Feb-20
Sad it ended that way, but amazing none the less.

19-Feb-20
See if this works. A side thought too, this is a great example of why I prefer cam vids over cam pics.

19-Feb-20
Neat story, thanks for sharing. That is one amazing buck.

19-Feb-20
Wow magnificent buck,,, shame a sad ending for it... Seems not uncommon those big ones get locked up while fighting...

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but what's the legality of picking up dead deer with antlers attached without tagging it in WI? I think here you have call a wildlife officer before you can even touch it, if it's not during hunting season... Think that's how the game department ended up with the B&C WR Miz Monarch...

19-Feb-20
^...great question. Any Cheeseheads have any thoughts???

19-Feb-20
Wow! What an incredible buck!

20-Feb-20
Never heard of any in problem in Wisconsin picking up antlers and skulls .heard Some guys make contact with wardens if there is still a carcass attached or nearby.

No shed season or shed permit needed or orientation as some states required

20-Feb-20
WOW! What a find! Just wondering if both bucks were dead when he found them?

20-Feb-20

sticksender's embedded Photo
sticksender's embedded Photo

20-Feb-20
Would really suck is if the guy let the smaller buck walk only to find out it killed the big guy you was hunting.

• Sitka Gear