IdyllwildArcher 20-Feb-20
Jaquomo 20-Feb-20
MichaelArnette 20-Feb-20
COLO 3-D 21-Feb-20
cnelk 21-Feb-20
20-Feb-20

yooper89's embedded Photo
yooper89's embedded Photo
Am I understanding correctly that only rifle kills in the mandatory CWD units require testing? Seems strange that they would only shade the rifle units in green if they're the same for archery.

20-Feb-20
Huh. Not sure where that pic came from.

Thanks Dirk. Weird that you can archery kill a deer in the same unit and not worry about testing.

20-Feb-20
It is not new, like that for several years. There not so worried about if you have a positive animal or not as getting a idea of the percentage of deer in a unit that are positive. I also imagine it has to do with man power at testing sites. I have had to have two deer my daughter shot tested. They have someone sitting in a little building behind the office in Fort Collins waiting for heads to be brought in. My guess is it a lot more cost effective per animal test to do it only during rifle season.

20-Feb-20
I was wondering about the picture...

I was just thinking, well, wasn't that nice of yooper to include a nice wildlife photo in his thread...

20-Feb-20
CWD finally made the jump to birds. Knew it was just a matter of time....

20-Feb-20
Probably has to do with weather during archery season...would make for some rank test situations

21-Feb-20
JohnMC is absolutely right on this one. It is all about collecting data at this point and rifle season allows them to collect a lot more data than archery season.

21-Feb-20
I dont understand the 'nilly-willy' testing areas. One year XXX units will have mandatory testing, the next year they dont but new units do.

• Sitka Gear