Kaotic_Kevin24 23-Feb-20
Paul@thefort 23-Feb-20
Kaotic_Kevin24 23-Feb-20
tradi-doerr 24-Feb-20
x-man 24-Feb-20
Bowfreak 24-Feb-20
23-Feb-20

Kaotic_Kevin24's embedded Photo
My 2005 parker bickhunter's limb bolt. Don't know how much further I can go, its at 60#?
My 2005 parker bickhunter's limb bolt. Don't know how much further I can go, its at 60#?
I think I already posted this once but I did it wrong. But anyway I just got a used 2005 Parker Buckhunter off letgo and I'm new to using compound bows so I have a couple questions.. First off the bow's sticker says 70# at 29".. the previous owner said he had the bow set at around 60# but with my messed up left rotator cuff I can't shoot at 60# for very long without having shoulder pain. So does anyone know how many turns on the limb bolts from its peak weight can I go a down without the bolts coming out? Or the lowest pull weight it can safely adjust to ?I have tried searching online and all I could find was the Parker owners manual and the PDF of all the bows w/specs that parker has made,based on the PDF my bow has 50#,60#,70# draw weights...not 50-70#? It's just a little confusing,I know 1 turn on limb bolt is 3-4 pounds but I don't know the exact number of turns down in weight a Buckhunter can go down to safely? Also if anyone knows how long the actual limb bolt is that would help too,I don't have a bow press so I don't wanna take any chances on loosening the bolts to far and getting my face string slapped! Lol thanks guys

23-Feb-20

23-Feb-20
Check your first post for feedback concerning this Parker bow. my best, Paul

23-Feb-20
Thanks

24-Feb-20
You can't go below the 60#, you risk the chance of stripping out the limb bolts permanently damaging the bow. The older bows were only built with about a 10# range of adjustment, I worked at Bass Pro in 2005 in the hunting/archery dept as a lead, this was the limitations of the Parker bows. And with Parker out of business you won't be able to fix it when it does break. I'd see about getting something newer that has a great adjustment span. Best of luck!

24-Feb-20
If all else fails Kevin, you can send me your bow and I will put it to your desired specs. You pay shipping and for a new string. I will supply labor for free.

24-Feb-20
Kevin,

You should take x-man up on his offer. Not only does he know a lot about bows, one of if I am not mistaken he was a Parker dealer.

• Sitka Gear