No Mercy 27-Feb-20
grossklw 27-Feb-20
Empty Freezer 27-Feb-20
Bowbender 27-Feb-20
No Mercy 27-Feb-20
smarba 27-Feb-20
Matt 27-Feb-20
25-Feb-20
What brand do you use or do you make your own? Let’s see some pics of your wrapped arrow/vane setup! Thanks!

25-Feb-20

MtnHunter's embedded Photo
I've used special order wraps before. But this year I just went with bohning 4 inch xs wraps and they turned out great.

25-Feb-20
What brand do you use or do you make your own? Let’s see some pics of your wrapped arrow/vane setup! Thanks!

25-Feb-20

Bowboy's Link
One stringer wraps.

25-Feb-20
One Stringer, Scott and Mindy have the best wraps around!! Shawn

25-Feb-20

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
When I shot 4" feathers, I got some 7" yellow fade to white wraps with a deer head at the front. Since I switched to Blazers I've been using the Bohning 4" wraps.

25-Feb-20
I got mine from arrowwraps.com can’t speak to durability yet but they sure look nice.

25-Feb-20
One Stringer if you want some fancy ones. For plain, the ones from Sagittarius Archery are great, as well as their feathers.

25-Feb-20
Onestringer wraps have served me well.

25-Feb-20
+1 for One Stringer. Good folks and fast service.

25-Feb-20
Yep, One Stringer. Great products and fast service.

25-Feb-20
One stringer, lots of choices, decent prices, and a good product.

25-Feb-20
Thanks guys!

25-Feb-20
Who makes their own, what is your source of supply for vinyl?

25-Feb-20
Thanks guys!

25-Feb-20

stagetek's embedded Photo
stagetek's embedded Photo
Most of my wraps are bought off the auction site. Many choices.

25-Feb-20

boothill's embedded Photo
boothill's embedded Photo
Western Recreation in Colorado...Those Colorado guys love doing KC Chiefs stuff for sure. LOL

25-Feb-20

yeager's embedded Photo
yeager's embedded Photo
Another Onestringer user........you can either choose one of their various stock wraps or, like myself, I design my own.

25-Feb-20

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Onestringer hard to beat good luck Lewis

25-Feb-20
Been doing Onestringer's for a long time. One thing I had them do was make the base out of reflective material/tape so I can find the arrows (or animal if ever need be) at night. It works great!

25-Feb-20
I buy Bohning 7" wraps, cut them in half and use 3.5" on the shaft.

25-Feb-20

BigSkyHntr's embedded Photo
One stringer.
BigSkyHntr's embedded Photo
One stringer.
I like the custom one stringers as well (very reflective after dark and custom numbered etc) but found they were a pain to get off to refletch. The ones I have are almost like a sticky tinfoil?.. Any tips on how to remove from FMJs?

25-Feb-20
^^^^ Turn your wife’s hairdryer on “Hot” and “High”. They peel off great.

25-Feb-20
On my FMJ’s, I just use a utility knife and then clean the shaft with acetone.

25-Feb-20
I do what jethro does

25-Feb-20
You can buy super thin contact paper that is vinyl and cut them yourself. A lot of recurve and longbow guys do just that. Remember a 7" wrap and a lighted nock can add as much as 30-35 grains of weight to the rearend if the arrow so it will stiffen them a tad bit. Shawn

25-Feb-20
Thanks guys!.. But I don’t have a wife or a hair dryer! ;) lol I’ll figure something out

25-Feb-20
Put them in boiling water for couple minutes will come right off clean.

25-Feb-20
I have a wife with a hair dryer, and I have a good heat gun. A hair dryer is a lot less expensive than a heat gun. A hair dryer or heat gun is a great tool to have if you do your own arrow building.

25-Feb-20
I spin the Onestringer wraps over a low stove flame for 3-4 seconds. They soften and peel right off no problem.

25-Feb-20
To take off the Onestringer wraps, I use a fletching remover and it works pretty good. That way I don't have to do anything to the carbon shaft that could mess it up.

25-Feb-20
Like stated above I cut 7 inches in half.

To remove, I run then under the utility sink hot water and scrape them off.

25-Feb-20

Flynarrow's embedded Photo
Flynarrow's embedded Photo
Another vote for Onestringer. I made these over the weekend

25-Feb-20

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
Onestringer for me too.

26-Feb-20
Looks like Onestringer is the place to go. I’ve heard a lot of people getting them off EBay as well. Thanks for all the help!

26-Feb-20
So what is the purpose of the wrap if you have to remove it to install new vanes?? I make my own arrows and was thinkin about changing things up.. Thanks

26-Feb-20
^^^^ A few reasons why I use them. 1). They make it easier to find your arrows. 2). Vanes adhere to them first time, every time. 3). I think they look cool.

26-Feb-20
^Empty....good question. One thing I started to do was shorten/shift the wrap and leave enough bare shaft at the end to glue the vanes to. That way if a vane gets torn or ripped off, I don't mess up the wrap replacing the damaged vane.

26-Feb-20
It is much easier to remove a wrap vs removing fletching that is directly glue to the shaft.

26-Feb-20
It is much easier to remove a wrap vs removing fletching that is directly glue to the shaft.

26-Feb-20
I use a wrap because I have ruined a couple of arrows cutting of damaged vanes that were glued directly to the shaft. Wraps and 3 vanes are much, much cheaper than an arrow shaft.

26-Feb-20
Or just don’t ruin the arrow removing the vanes. There is actually a replacement exact type blade they has a notch in it for removing fletching perfectly. Xman sent me a couple ten years ago and I still have them

26-Feb-20
Oki Doki.. Seems like its a personal preference and i agree, they look cool. Thanks

26-Feb-20
""Or just don’t ruin the arrow removing the vanes. There is actually a replacement exact type blade they has a notch in it for removing fletching perfectly. Xman sent me a couple ten years ago and I still have them""

^x2...This. I have the notched tool to strip vanes off in one swoop. It doesn't hurt the shaft.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bohning-The-Stripper-Vane-Fletching-Arrow-Blazer-01524-Remover/292572944958?hash=item441eb4da3e:g:skMAAMXQY8JRfwCA

26-Feb-20
I buy full sized tape on eBay and cut it down with a paper cutter you’ll get enough to do 10-20 dz arrows for $20 or so

26-Feb-20
Dbl post

26-Feb-20
To clean old wraps off I put three or four arrows in the sink with hot water then use a knife to cut each feather off the rest of the wrap will peel right off easy as long as you do them quickly

26-Feb-20
One Stringer.

27-Feb-20
I refletched an arrow yesterday. The blazer vanes were glued directly to the shaft. I bought some of those box cutter blades with the notch in them. I got that tip on this site. Removing the vanes was very easy, I wish I'd have know about this long ago!

27-Feb-20

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
They are called hook blades.

27-Feb-20

No Mercy's embedded Photo
No Mercy's embedded Photo
Fresh out of the Bitzenburger..........

27-Feb-20
OneStringer for me as well, quick toss over a flame, peels off easy. Quick alcohol rub down and I'm ready for a new wrap and fletchings.

27-Feb-20
Nice wraps NM.. Gets me thinkin..

27-Feb-20
No Mercy for the win!! I like 'em. I ordered some last year in a copperhead pattern. Looks nice with two white and an orange blazer.

27-Feb-20

No Mercy's Link
HAHA-I love these. Arrow Tech makes them.

27-Feb-20
I was going to say the same as Shug: often 6" wraps are the same price as 3"...but with a razor blade and straight edge, a dozen of 6" become two dozen 3" which are perfect for any of the short vanes such as Blazer.

27-Feb-20
"Or just don’t ruin the arrow removing the vanes."

If only you had provided that sage-like wisdom sooner.

I can let me car insurance lapse now too, because I just won't get in an accident.

• Sitka Gear