TimBuck2 26-Feb-20
TimBuck2 27-Feb-20
wildwilderness 27-Feb-20
midwest 28-Feb-20
TimBuck2 28-Feb-20
wytex 10-Mar-20
26-Feb-20
Have a questions about the Wyoming antelope draw:

Last year I bought a point for each of my niece and nephew. I want to use the points for them this year in the draw for a doe antelope tag. Can you use points for trying to draw a Nonresident Youth Doe/Fawn tag?

My niece was born with club feet. She’s had over a dozen surgeries, about one a year. She is 15 and loves to go try and hunt. Although she’s hunted for three years now, it’s been tough for her to even get a shot opportunity. In addition, her father, my brother-in-law, has been losing his eyesight to glaucoma making it tough to get out with them. So, last year I thought I should put she and her younger brother in for Wyoming doe antelope tags to try and take them on a hunt that would be easy and enjoyable for the two kids and my brother-in-law. Any help or ideas would be appreciated! By the way, I’m in Utah.

26-Feb-20
Just a thought, do you have any doe points in UT you can use and then do the mentor youth thing?

26-Feb-20
There is no such thing as a youth draw. As long as they qualify for a youth license, they only have to pay for a youth license, but will be entered into the regular draw with everyone else. BTW, there isn’t a PP draw for NR doe/fawn antelope, it’s strictly random. Depending on what area they intend to apply for, the odds to draw range from guaranteed on down.

26-Feb-20
Also RP doe fawn tags aren’t based on PPs.

26-Feb-20
Points aren’t used for does in Wyoming.

Call the warden who handles area 23, tell him what you’d like to do and ask if he knows a landowner or two who would let the kids hunt. If you get permission for private, apply the kids for 23 type 7 licenses, two licenses each; those are valid on private land only and they’ll draw easily. If you run into a problem, pm me and I’ll get you a contact who hunts pvt in that area and may be able to get you in contact with a landowner.

26-Feb-20
You might check with bowsite sponsors that advertise on here as well. Just be mindful of the draw odds wherever you choose.

26-Feb-20
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I'll make a call to the area 23 warden and go from there. Thanks again!

27-Feb-20
Another question. I have a few antelope points and can most likely draw a tag this year. If I draw, can I gift it our something to a youth?

27-Feb-20
I’m sure you can find private to hunt doe antelope on. It’s never been a problem for us, even coming from out of state.

28-Feb-20
Way to go, Bob!

Good luck, TimBuck2!

28-Feb-20
I'm just making a few calls now, so we'll see what we can drum up. I'm hoping to find something closer than unit 25, but I'll keep trying. Thanks again for everyone's input.

10-Mar-20
Tags are not transferable in Wyoming unless you are donating to a disabled person or veteran. Look at this link then talk with a GW and see if she qualifies : https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Game-and-Fish-offers-license-donation-program

• Sitka Gear