grizzly 03-Mar-20
PAstringking 08-Mar-20
Mule Power 08-Mar-20
Pop-r 09-Mar-20
krieger 09-Mar-20
Mule Power 09-Mar-20
krieger 09-Mar-20
28-Feb-20
Is this for real? Iguanas are running around in the Keys like mice. As an invasive species they want them removed. The pina coladas are great and sunsets are free too.

28-Feb-20

wildwilderness's Link
There was another older thread on this as well- Looks like a blast

https://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=485144&forum=11

28-Feb-20

JTreeman's embedded Photo
Archery iguana
Archery iguana
Here are a couple of mine from last weekend. Lots of fun stuff in south Florida.

—Jim

28-Feb-20

Blow gun iguana.

—Jim

28-Feb-20

7.25lb peacock bass on a top water.

—Jim

28-Feb-20

Days haul, with some good friends.

—Jim

28-Feb-20
What do they taste like

28-Feb-20
The last time I tried one was 25 years ago, and it tasted like chicken!

28-Feb-20
JT, for the blowgun, is it a “practice as you hunt” thing with the blowguns supplied by your guide?

Looks like the Mardi Gras of small game hunting!! Congrats!

28-Feb-20
Ambush— I like fun toys so I built and took my own blow gun. Probably $120-150 total invested. But yes, absolutely, the outfitter provides blowguns and even has a bow set-up for you to use if necessary. I bet you guessed, but I built up an iguana bow of my own too ;)

But you can literally show up with your hat and sunglasses and go shoot some iguanas. Hit me up if you would like my guys contact info.

—Jim

28-Feb-20
good times

28-Feb-20
JTreeman......the first pic that you posted is definitely photoshopped. No way is that you! The guy in that pic is smiling!!

29-Feb-20
t-roy, don't let that pic fool you. He's just fighting with the sun. Jim thinks it is against the law to smile :)

29-Feb-20
So, this lizard hunt is the best ever, you just know it, but you haven’t gone yet, right? So the point of the post is? To tell us all who the “best-in-the-world” outfitter is? So why didn’t you tell us?

01-Mar-20
High, or not, wouldn't it be a lot easier, and more efficient to just post the outfitter information - rather than having to message people back n forth....?

01-Mar-20
It would be easier just not as dramatic.

02-Mar-20
Just TD up to his old tricks. He loves to self promote. You see, at Jim Bob guide service, TD is the ONLY guide. So his schtick to promote that “advantage” is to talk about how great it is when “other” outfitters guide all the clients. And ole TD thought he was being clever self promoting for free with that little work around. Of course, the savvy Bowsite community saw right through it so he had to pony up and become a sponsor. Just be honest with all of us TD, it will go a long way here. Say something like: “Hey boys, just hunted with DT Lizzard Stacker’s down in the Fla Keys and had a blast! Just like me, DT guides all the hunts, and we all know how important that is to your success at killing lizards. So if you want a great off season trip, PM me for details”. That would play better here. And yes, I was high, drunk (and in the middle of intimate relations) when I typed that last post.

02-Mar-20
^ "pay to play" the thread originator is a Bowsite sponsor (thank you sir) no problem with a bit of self-promotion. The hunt looks like a blast.

03-Mar-20
Td - I would never want to take business away from you (or any small business owner), nor do I have a problem with advertising one's business - BUT, your first, original post is written in third-person and is, at best, misleading. Why not just be transparent, and up-front from the beginning and let the chips fall where they may....? Seems to much like bait n switch to me - even if it's not.

03-Mar-20
"If BustaRib’s arrogant and belittling comments make sense to you than you aren’t the kind of person I want to guide in the field and you would not have a great time hanging around me."

I guess we won't be hunting together. Thanks for the clarification.

"If you like the way Busta’Ribs tries to bully a hugely successful outfitter in the likes of me who is providing a fantastic experience to hunters from around the world than you can pound sand like him."

Pounding Sand.

03-Mar-20
I’m confused? So is Tdvorak/Thomas Dvorak, also Willie Dvorak from Jim River Guide Service?

03-Mar-20
does he live in SD or Alaska ?

08-Mar-20
Do you book for these people? Like an agent? Headed to Florida in two weeks.

08-Mar-20
I know some outfitters who would be the last person I’d pay to guide me. They are just businessmen and their guides are much better hunters than they are. Just because an outfitter happens to be the owner of the business does not necessarily mean he’s the best guide in the world.

It does mean his overhead is low so I don’t really understand why the prices are higher.

Furthermore skill is merely one aspect of a great guide. Since a hunter spends so much time with his guide personality plays a big role too. Turkeybowmaster was the self proclaimed goodest bestest turkey hunter in the world. But I don’t think there was a line at his door of guys waiting to be taken on the hunt of a lifetime. His biggest fans were feverishly loyal. However he was his only fan! There is an uncanny resemblance here!

09-Mar-20
Mule Power X2!

09-Mar-20
"The owner of the business is always more interested in the success of the business than his employees."

The success of the business or the success of his clients? Those are often two different things...

I've been on iguana shoots with two different guides/owners, IME, the guide IS usually the owner, in the fishing charter world....

Both did a good job, but one owner was a little more concerned with his business, ie making money, than he was with making sure we had a great time. He was too much of a " clock-watcher" for my taste. Notwithstanding, he did fulfill his obligations, but it was just that.... The other would stay out till the cows came home if I asked him to...guess who is my favorite?

Nice iguana, I was there in late Dec when the big males were all nice and orange, great times!

09-Mar-20
You have an unanswered question on your other thread sir.

09-Mar-20
I agree with your assessment about repeat clientele, that seems to be the measure that speaks the most, IME.

• Sitka Gear