JTreeman 04-Mar-20
Rut Nut 04-Mar-20
jdee 04-Mar-20
midwest 04-Mar-20
Frank Sanders 04-Mar-20
RK 04-Mar-20
KHNC 05-Mar-20
04-Mar-20
Belen, NM. (KRQE) – A New Mexico man was caught behaving badly at the world’s largest hunting expo. He was running a booth at the show, and what police say he did to other vendors landed him in jail.

When the NRA’s Great American Outdoor Show came to Harrisburg Pennsylvania last month, it was a big deal. Among those in attendance, was Lee Dale Davis of Belen.

He said he was there representing the Bugling Bull Outfitters. But, the people stationed across the way, say they caught him on camera, stealing from other vendors before the doors opened to the public. “The way this guy moved and was acting, it’s not his first rodeo,” said George Sweatt.

Sweatt who was at his friend’s booth from Florida, directly across from the Bugling Bull’s booth, captured the video of Davis. He said they looked back at the video after a neighboring vendor noticed a $500 game call device had vanished from his booth.

“He came out, took his jacket off, came across the booth, picked up a brochure from next to our alligator, took it back to his booth and then went down there,” said Sweatt.

They then called the police in Harrisburg, who are seen in that video arresting Davis. They wrote in their report they could clearly see him on camera taking the game call device which was in a black bag. And it’s not his first time he’s been in trouble with the law.

In 2011, he was arrested for breaking into the Sportsmans Warehouse with his teenage son to steal merchandise. He was sentenced to probation for the crime.

Today, News 13 called Davis and he tells us the accusations against him are false, and that he didn’t steal the game call device, but says he found it in an aisle, and that police didn’t let him explain what happened.

Just a few months ago, New Mexico Game and Fish charged Davis for hunting javelina without a license, the unlawful killing of a javelina out of season, and tampering with evidence.

Although he’s listed as a point of contact on the Bugling Bull Outfitter’s website, Davis says his son is actually the owner.

04-Mar-20
I heard even Cody Carr called this guy a douchebag!

04-Mar-20
I wonder if he has any openings for 2020, I’m looking for a hunt and have some extra gear...

I especially like the old “I found it in the isle” defense. That’s a classic.

—Jim

04-Mar-20

T Mac's embedded Photo
Found this on Bugling Bull Outfitters
T Mac's embedded Photo
Found this on Bugling Bull Outfitters

04-Mar-20
Makes me question his 5 star reviews on Bowsite...he promises 400-1000 bugles a day!

04-Mar-20
He can make it happen now that he stole that electronic caller!!!!!

—Jim

04-Mar-20
After reading that, I wouldn't want to spend time in the same camp with this guy, let alone give him thousands of $$$! ;-)

04-Mar-20
If a guy like that would poach and steal from a fellow outfitter at a big show like the Harrisburg NRA I don’t think it would bother him much to rip off an unknowing hunting client.

04-Mar-20
LMAO @ t-roy!!!

04-Mar-20
T-Roy...... classic!

04-Mar-20
This is for JTreeman

Somewhere in the early or mid 1980s I had a booth at the Harrisburg Sports Show. Pre NRA show days by a lot.

I was in my booth and one of my guides that had gone out to get a snack, smoke etc comes walking up with a case. Black case

He walks in the booth and sets it down. I look and at him and say what's up? He says he was coming back to booth and the case was in the isle. So he picks it up and brings it back to booth

I asked him what was in it. He does not know, has not opened it. We opened it. File folders, three Colt Python handguns, two Colt Trooper III hand guns and three Colt detective special hand guns.

Well this was before cell phones were the thing so I told him to go find a cop and bring him back so we can give him this stuff you found. And off he went

I'm waiting for him to return and talking to people that are cruising by. A middle age guy comes up and says to me "where is the case?"

I said what case. He flashes a badge and repeats his question

I said right here. Started to explain what happened but he was having none of that. "My guide found it in the isle" sound familiar JIM ?

Anyway as I am explaining all of this my guide returns with a cop and the same story

Turns out the Colt rep. Left it in the isle.

So " I found it in the aisle" IS a legit defense to the prosecution!!!

However the guy that took the varmint caller is scum and guilty

LMAO!!!!!

05-Mar-20
It would be ok with me , as long as he took it from cody carrs booth. LOL

i knew i liked t-roy

• Sitka Gear