1boonr 05-Mar-20
Loprofile 06-Mar-20
MichaelArnette 07-Mar-20
joehunter 07-Mar-20
TD 09-Mar-20
04-Mar-20

Loprofile's embedded Photo
Loprofile's embedded Photo
Did not want to use the V word. This doe was shot by a friend of mine in early February. Pass through with a Rage two blade. We found no blood. Go figur

04-Mar-20
Is that the entry or exit?

04-Mar-20

Hackbow's embedded Photo
Hackbow's embedded Photo
The problem is the Rage wasn't in the cage.

04-Mar-20
LOL Rage outta the cage

04-Mar-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Good stuff there, Hackbow!

No room for any “outside the box” (cage) thinking, when choosing shot placement.

04-Mar-20
Backstraps usually bleed a little.

04-Mar-20
Best to wait until the animal is dead before starting to cut up the backstrap.

04-Mar-20
Should probably give her a few more hours before tracking.

04-Mar-20
Hell of a shot

04-Mar-20
Bad shot isn’t rages fault...just sayin, if that wasn’t obvious.

—Jim

04-Mar-20
Yup high and looks like no angle, amazed it was a pass thru though, Rages usually just make a big entrance hole and that's it. Shawn

04-Mar-20
It is the entrance. No problem with Rage. It worked as it should. Obvious bad shot placement but worse shots kill many deer. Amazing animals

04-Mar-20
How do you know it was a pass through?

04-Mar-20
Shot a pronghorn on my first hunt for them devils, high, but under the spine, with a Muzzy long ago. Through bino I could see both entrance and exit. A little blood from each side ran down his body. My son dogged him the rest of the day, playing cat and mouse. The next day he was still chasing the girls with enthusiasm and looking no worse for the wear. Void ? Maybe, maybe not, but damn sure not fatal.

04-Mar-20
I shot a bull elk with holes in it like that, dried puss out both sides, but it wasn't the worse for wear. It was fine eating, and no evidence of being injured otherwise.

04-Mar-20
From the ground or treestand?

04-Mar-20
It was tree stand about 18 feet high. Shot was about 28 yds. Know it was a pass through because the arrow was sticking in the ground

04-Mar-20
Shot angle to the deer? What was on the arrow? Fat, blood, or guts? Did the deer spin/jump the string? Almost looks like the shot grazed the doe's side?

05-Mar-20
Over the spine.

05-Mar-20
midwest x2

lol at t-roy

05-Mar-20
That mark looks below the spine but who says it is the doe he shot. I have seen many does over the years with similar marks which I would guess could come from coming in contact with any number of objects in the woods including barb wire fences etc.

06-Mar-20
“Wh says it is the deer he shot”. I said it in my initial post. This doe had been coming to a nearby feeder with two fawns for months. She came to the same feeder soon after she was shot with her two fawns

07-Mar-20
Over the spine I’d Say for sure, no void that far back at all

07-Mar-20
"Best to wait until the animal is dead before starting to cut up the backstrap." Jaq - This sums it up!

09-Mar-20
Never mind...... I thought this was "Roid"........

• Sitka Gear