Rgiesey 06-Mar-20
darralld 06-Mar-20
Shuteye 06-Mar-20
Royboy 10-Mar-20
Scooter 10-Mar-20
05-Mar-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Amazing man who left an indelible mark on the sport of archery and bow hunting. I really wish I could have met him.

05-Mar-20
Never met him, but saw him at some bowhunting rendezvous in Michigan in 1984 or 85. He was on oxygen and seemed pretty frail at that time.

05-Mar-20
Met Fred at the '87 Tulsa, OK P&Y banquet and again in CO at a CBA banquet where he was the guest speaker. Great ambassador for bowhunting, even when he was in his 80s.

05-Mar-20
Happy Birthday PaPa Bear!!

05-Mar-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Bear museum in Grayling Mich
Bear museum in Grayling Mich
the only bow to have back in the day
the only bow to have back in the day
Yep, a master with the bow
Yep, a master with the bow

05-Mar-20
He was one of many folks that made bowhunting what it is today!

05-Mar-20

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Met & had a nice visit with him in 1968 Cobo Hall pro/am. Great in so many ways.

05-Mar-20
Paul, thanks for sharing !

05-Mar-20
Paul at the fort's birthday is the 8th. He is a little bit like the Bowsite version of Fred Bear!

06-Mar-20
Always was my hero. Saw him at the Chicago sports show in the mid 70s. Longer line for Fred bear than for Jim rice and another Red Sox maybe Fred Lynn. Always watched him deal with people. Great at it.

06-Mar-20
Miss that guy!

06-Mar-20
When I was a kid, Fred Bear and Howard Hill were my heroes. I had their books and used Howard HIll's design for fletching. In one of his books it showed the exact dimensions. My house always smelled like burnt feathers. I used to order feathers by the thousand and 11/32 Port Orford shafts by the dozens from Herters. I have seen a lot of Fred Bear's trophies up close and was amazed at how tall the big standing bear was. Both of these great bowhunters would be condemned by many of the modern bowsite people. Both would make shots that many would consider unethical. Fred even shot a buck when he couldn't see the deer. He could see antlers above the rise of a hill. He guessed where the body would be and shot over the hill and hit the deer.

10-Mar-20
Loved his videos and one in particular where they called in crows and were shooting them out of the trees!

10-Mar-20
Met Fred Bear and Tom Jennings together many years back, at the Bow Festival in Wellsville, Pa.....Got a signed photo of both Legends.....Wow, it was something very special, I often think of both ..Especially when I’m looking at their signed photos....Both are hero’s and very special to a lot of us...

• Sitka Gear