longbeard 05-Mar-20
Dale06 05-Mar-20
Ermine 05-Mar-20
lewis 06-Mar-20
lewis 06-Mar-20
Shuteye 06-Mar-20
Paul@thefort 06-Mar-20
05-Mar-20
I'm looking at the Primos Gobstopper Jake & Hen Decoy Combo and the Montana Purr-fect Jake and hen set. Recommendation please.

05-Mar-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Should do the trick either one but I like the Primos set better as it looks more durable. Have not used either set. The decoys I use, I bed the hen off the stick and almost under the breast of the tom. If windy, place two stick on each side of the toms tail, to prevent it from turning around. Place the set up sideways or towards your hid. I believe when the in coming tom can not see the head/face of the jake decoy, they come closer. I might place two other feeder hen decoys off to the side.

05-Mar-20

05-Mar-20
Can’t beat Dave Smith decoys if you don’t mind paying for them. Avian X also makes some realist decoys. Out of the two above I would pick the primos. With that said I have not seen the Montana’s in person but photos I’ve seen they look iffy.

05-Mar-20
Turkey decoys are a lot like fishing lures ( if you know what I mean). It doesn't really matter with turkeys...Get what you can afford. I've killed as many over my old feather flex decoys as I have my dave smiths..... Toms get kinda stupid this time of year. concealment/lack of movement and calling are way more important than the decoy you use. JMHO

05-Mar-20
I agree DSD are hard to beat. But quite honestly, as with a lot of hunting products, it seems the competition is catching up quickly. Seems there are many high quality realistic options out there right now.

—Jim

05-Mar-20
I agree with Wk if your hunting birds that get little pressure. However if you are hunting birds that have seen a few decoys I believe a good realist makes a big difference over cheap ones.

05-Mar-20
Wk is correct. There are times a black plastic bag will bring them in for the shot and other times even the most expensive decoy won’t get them to budge from a hundred yards. Those are the times that your turkey IQ plays a more important role than a stationary decoy. Learn to read a specific turkeys mood or disposition and you may have the answer that a decoy can’t provide.

As to the OPs question; the Primos hands down!!

05-Mar-20
I’ve had DSD decoys for several years. They have worked great. Having said that the ones above look pretty darn good.

05-Mar-20

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Use a heads up decoy if you want some up close in your face action.

06-Mar-20
X2 heads up Plus easy to carry good luck Lewis

06-Mar-20

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Here you go heads up strikes again Lewis

06-Mar-20
My neighbor had a big gobbler jump right on his decoy and beat the heck out of it last year. He got the gobbler.

06-Mar-20

Yep, in your face! Fun stuff.
Yep, in your face! Fun stuff.

• Sitka Gear