BOHUNTER09 06-Mar-20
RIT 06-Mar-20
drycreek 06-Mar-20
Matches 07-Mar-20
Stekewood 08-Mar-20
06-Mar-20
need your thoughts please. name brand?

06-Mar-20
I never had one until last night. I just bought the Ridgetec LTE and should have it early next week.

I really am a Reconyx guy but they stopped making my favorite camera and their cellular camera is ridiculous.

As far as the plan. Ridgetec’s plan seems rather reasonable you pay X a month for a certain amount of images. You can also share the plan between multiple cameras which I really like. It was given the top rating for cell cameras at trailcampro.com. I have bought several cameras from those guys and there reviews have been very trustworthy.

06-Mar-20
Thanks. Do you know if its possible to send images to multiple phones or computers?

06-Mar-20
I have the MoultrieMobile Verizon plan 10.95 per month for 850 images. I have used both the external modem version and the one with the camera and modem in the same box. 100 percent get the combined unit. You can access from any cell phone or computer. I have images sent to my phone 2 times per day, but there are several options for that. My buddy logs on sometimes to look. Battery life has been excellent. Images are good.

06-Mar-20
Ouch Ridgetec is $11.95 for 5,000 photos $8.95 for 2500 photos. I think there is a miner upcharge for multiple cameras. I won’t buy 2 until I see how good they work. I also think the resolution of the photos matters. But I also don’t need to see high res photos of every deer.

I do know that Ridgetec has a dual modem in it that allows you to choose between AT&T or Verizon. You basically use an app or PC to visit their portal. From there you can choose the resolution of the photo check your battery level, change settings etc. It sounds good but we will see how it goes.

06-Mar-20
Mine is an HCO Spartan on a Verizon plan for $5 a month. I chose the lowest price plan because it’s on a hog trap. All I need to see is if the gate is up or down.

07-Mar-20
I have had a RidgeTec in the woods since October (12 lithium's, still show 100%). I started off with the $8.95 (2500 pts.) per month plan and found that I did not need that many points for my purposes, so I switched the the cheapest plan at $6.95 (1250pts.) a month. I have the camera set to send me the lowest quality image possible (1 point), and when I need a better look I request the full resolution image (13 points). I have never come close to using all of my points each month. My camera is on a trail, not over bait.

Ridgetec's mobile app is decent and is free, so the Ridgetec is actually cheaper for me to operate than my Spartans on Verizon ($5 plus fees, and $3 a month for the app).

I don't use my cameras for videos, but the Ridgetec has the ability to take and send full 30 second videos. Most other cameras, including Spartan, have video lengths capped at 5 or 10 seconds.

08-Mar-20
Spypoint Link Micro. $10/month for unlimited photos and you can view the photos on as many devices as you want. You can also buy four of them for the price of one Ridgetec.

• Sitka Gear