hybridbowman 09-Mar-20
Bushwacker 09-Mar-20
krieger 09-Mar-20
Too many bows Bob 10-Mar-20
badlander 11-Mar-20
wild1 11-Mar-20
08-Mar-20

Bushwacker's Link
I had red hartebeest on my list for this trip and Pieter had more than enough to choose from. I can't tell you what a 'trophy' red hartebeest looks like or measures out to be, so I just told Pieter I wanted a mature bull. This group came in and he told me which one to take and I have no regrets with his decision. Funny thing about the video, Pieter was filming and after the shot, he lost sight of the bull. Pieter was thinking I missed or something.

08-Mar-20
Mice to check that one of the list. Nice bull

08-Mar-20
that is sooooo awesome 7 trips to Africa I have yet to have a RHB in front of me number 1 this year again

08-Mar-20

Too many bows Bob's embedded Photo
Too many bows Bob's embedded Photo
This was mine. I crawled 200 yards to make a 12 yard shot on him. At the time, my outfitter told me that he was #3 with a bow.

Congrats to you.

TMBB

08-Mar-20
very nice dee. One of them is high on my list but very high on my sons bow list. Can not wait to see this place as I never hunted there yet

08-Mar-20
Well done! Congrats!

08-Mar-20
Thanks everyone, and billc, you will love that place by Dordabis, unbelievable the amount of game we saw there, and such variety. I could spend a week there and not get bored. I'll have to post the video of the sandstorm, which started up about an hour or so after I shot this hartebeest. And tmmb, awesome job stalking yours and then taking it with a real bow. That's impressive, my hats off to you.

08-Mar-20
Been there three times and wanted one. Saw plenty but no shots. Congrats to you!

09-Mar-20

hybridbowman's embedded Photo
hybridbowman's embedded Photo
Congrats on a nice animal I was fortunate to arrow one not to vas either last summer around otjiwarongo in nam

09-Mar-20
Thanks everyone, I was really looking forward to taking one and it was obviously high on my list. Being a newbie to hunting African animals, these hartebeest all looked the same. I feel confident in field judging a whitetail on the hoof, but have no clue on something like a hartebeest.

09-Mar-20
Well done sir!

10-Mar-20
The call them "Harley Davidsons". You can see why. TMBB

11-Mar-20

badlander's embedded Photo
badlander's embedded Photo
Getting to have been several years since I went to Africa, but when I left here Kudu and Gemsbuck were #1 and #2 on my wish list. I was able to take both of those in my first two days and could have shot 5 more of each during the trip. My Red Hartebeest was the animal we had to work the hardest for, and only had one brief opportunity at a mature bull, probably the one I catch myself looking at the most now 10yrs later.

11-Mar-20

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
Very cool video! A fairly striking animal in person, I got mine in Namibia.

• Sitka Gear