Zbone 16-Mar-20
JLC 16-Mar-20
Zbone 17-Mar-20
Bear 22-Mar-20
Bowhntn 22-Mar-20
08-Mar-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Just pulled cards today, the date is correct. Is it just a weird something, or is this a spotted fawn in March?

08-Mar-20
It’s a spotted fawn

08-Mar-20
I think the deer is a little further from the camera than the other one and turned. It's a small deer for sure but not a fawn.

08-Mar-20
The one on the right might be a giant, corn-fed Kansas Super Deer.

08-Mar-20
I can't see spots in that pic. Fawn for sure tho.

08-Mar-20
Lou,

It would have had to travel at least 80 miles to my MO farm.

08-Mar-20
Kansas is home to giant does and the Super Bowl Champion Chiefs lol.

08-Mar-20
Does can cycle pretty deep into winter if they don't get bred.

08-Mar-20
Remember that biologist that said they wouldn't survive? This is not the first time I have witnessed this. We had a very mild winter really.

Climate change:-)?

08-Mar-20
Kansas cannot claim the Chiefs!

08-Mar-20
Nope. That's a small buck.

08-Mar-20
Maybe a late fawn from last year ? That would make it less than a year old, nine months maybe.

08-Mar-20
Don’t see spots, but looks like a fawn to me. I used to hunt in SE Kansas, (rifle season) and had several seasons where we saw multiple spotted fawns in December. At least 2 seasons in a row, about 25 years ago now.

08-Mar-20
"The Little People"are now breeding thier own Deer!

08-Mar-20
Booner...8^)

BTW, Kansas claiming the Chiefs sounds like Trump...8^)

09-Mar-20
Chiefs...It was a joke. I’m sure HFW got it and Zbone.

Remember the estrus cycle is a bell curve and there are always outliers. That’s a way far outlier. Pretty cool pic Frank.

09-Mar-20
There are 2 deer on the left if you look close you can see the head just past the others head. No spots and both those deer are most likely fawns with big mama. Shawn

09-Mar-20
Screen saver on my phone gives the little guy a rack. Must be another one directly behind his head like mentioned above.

09-Mar-20
Looks like Tyreek Hill standing next to Travis Kelsey. I've zoomed way in on the pic on my computer, and do not see a second deer on the left.

Frankie, you need to get some more corn piles out, and fatten that little bugger up.

Matt

09-Mar-20
No corn, but plenty of great habitat.

09-Mar-20
I've got a few identifiable small ones, but nothing like that. In the early 60's my dad shot a doe west of Int'l Falls, MN that was quite small. The next day we killed her fawn and I put all four feed in my hand and lifted it up over my head with one hand.

It had adult hair (no spots) and our shack with about 15 eating supper consumed the entire deer in 2 meals. Not spotted, but definitely very, very small.

When you zoom in can you actually see the spots?

09-Mar-20

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
I could not see spots but most deer on pictures look like these in size. This is our KS property, the above fawn was on our MO property.

09-Mar-20
Just an FYI, the fawn is no further away from the camera than the big doe or else the camera would not even have captured it. In the above picture some of the does are further away from the closest ones but you can tell they are roughly the same size. That is definitely a fawn, a very late born deer, it is not camera angle IMHO.

09-Mar-20
Don’t know about spots but it is a fawn.

10-Mar-20
it does look like a fawn. I will share that about 20 years ago I killed (gun kill) a rut-necked 5 point whitetail buck, in late November in SW Virginia, two and a half year old (teeth aged), fat healthy buck. He stood less than waist high to me (5'11" tall 32" inseam) and weighed probably 80 pounds, tops, live weight. tasted great tho.

13-Mar-20

JLC's embedded Photo
JLC's embedded Photo
I took this picture on 04-15-07

14-Mar-20
Why is this a surprise, a fawn is a fawn until they're not, still have a couple/few more months until it's a yearling, unless it was born late. Two years ago, my buddy and I came across a dead spotted fawn that looked to be less than a week old; it was late September.

16-Mar-20
JLC - Considered a real early one or a real late one...8^)

What state?

16-Mar-20
Zbone...Iowa

17-Mar-20
Thanks

22-Mar-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
I had a fawn that was late and never lost spot its hair just grew longer last pic I got was 4-08-07

22-Mar-20
Dawn for sure Frank!!!

• Sitka Gear