Gerry 17-Mar-20
Mike Ukrainetz 28-Mar-20
Mike Ukrainetz 22-Jun-20
caribou77 22-Jun-20
South Farm 23-Jun-20
Mike Ukrainetz 23-Jun-20
11-Mar-20

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
Mike Ukrainetz 2019 bull, 45 inches wide, gross scored 145, net scored 142 5/8. My first official Pope and Young (Alberta) Canada Moose!
Mike Ukrainetz 2019 bull, 45 inches wide, gross scored 145, net scored 142 5/8. My first official Pope and Young (Alberta) Canada Moose!

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
We have a moose Bowhunt opening for this fall 2020, Sept 7 to 14 if any of you Bowhunters are interested? $6500 USD hunt cost plus tax and license, $7355 USD total.

You are just about guaranteed to kill a bull moose, probably not a big like the one pictured though. I killed it this past fall at 30 yds on Sept 22 when the rut was just getting going. It is possible to kill a big one but the hunt dates are pre rut so it’s unlikely. That’s the not so great part. The great part is that it’s a lodge based hunt which means you get a comfy bed to sleep in, 3 hot meals a day, somewhere to dry out any wet clothes, watch some TV before bed, have a drink etc. And most importantly you can hunt a different area every day, never worrying about over hunting one place, a tent camp in the woods can be fun but hunting out of the same spot can not only be boring but can chase the animals out of the immediate area.

AND we have a ton of moose and you will almost certainly get multiple opportunities, we can hunt them a variety of ways, spotting and then calling them in or tree stand hunting over natural mineral licks. You would be hunting my home zone where we have an endless amount of private and public land to hunt.

Call or text me, Mike at 780 864 7736 for more info! Come kill a moose!!

11-Mar-20
I want to do this soooo bad

11-Mar-20
Id love to get a Canadian moose for my moose 'trifecta'

11-Mar-20
I'm very interested picks of moose we most likely would harvest

11-Mar-20
You can't go wrong with one of Mike's hunts and doing a Moose hunt with him in his home area has got to be a great advantage. I've known Mike for almost 30 years and he is a stand up guy. And other than an intense, DIY AK hunt, Alberta has got to be the biggest bang for your buck left in Moose hunting out there today. If you ever wanted to do a Canadian Moose hunt you should jump on this because it will go fast!

11-Mar-20

Guide Josh Harb with his 34 inch wide bull from last fall.
Guide Josh Harb with his 34 inch wide bull from last fall.
Forestbows, here is a much more likely to harvest bull. I called this same bull in a wide open field into 40 yds along with another 30 inch wide bull on Sept 2nd, 2019 and passed on him, have it all on video. We didn't have any moose hunters in camp at the time. My guide Josh was guiding two mule deer hunters and he got both of them tagged out and then had a day to hunt for himself. He went back to the same field first thing in the morning and called the bull again into 30 or 40 yds and killed him. (It's an over the counter tag for us and we have lots of moose and lots of country to hunt so we are not taking away anything from our hunters by killing a bull ourselves.)

We have a deadly calling method that works from the start of the bow season Aug 25 right through the rut. You just need to see the bull first, let him see you, act like a moose and call him into bow range or he may just stand there and let you walk right up to him. Works about 50% of the time, especially on bulls this size or smaller, as high as 80+% calling success on smaller ones actually. Bigger ones or the next age class up goes down to about 25% of the time to call them in and you don't see many 40+ inch bulls so that's why your chances for a big bull are not nearly as good. The guide wearing black helps but isn't necessary.

Thanks Chris! (Bustaribs)

11-Mar-20

caribou77's embedded Photo
caribou77's embedded Photo
This is pry the smallest you will see and it was a blast. Great hunt for anyone wanting a bow killed moose. Took mine 2 years ago out of a tree stand with mike.

11-Mar-20
Just so you don't think it's just us guides killing the moose, here's one of our hunters (below) from last fall with a bull he killed on Aug 31. Guide Gerard called it right in. Accuracy in shooting is probably our biggest problem in killing the moose, even though shots are 90% under 60 yds in the open, probably 50% are under 40 yds. Hunters often get so rattled when we call them in, they can't believe their eyes and they are freakin' out! They will aim a foot down from the hump and let it rip and hit right it in the shoulder, spine or over the back or in the hoof! As guides we are so used to calling them in that we can read the moose body language, they also read our body and both of us mellow out and we can call them into 30 yds or less and simply draw back and shoot them!

11-Mar-20

Blake Luse from Montana with his 2019 bull.
Blake Luse from Montana with his 2019 bull.

12-Mar-20

Dave Anderson with his 2019 bull
Dave Anderson with his 2019 bull
Here is hunter Dave Anderson with his hard antlered bull that he took on Sept 12 last year, the same week as this hunt. Even though locals can buy an over the counter bull moose tag there is very little hunting pressure. The whole province is open to bowhunting at that time with only about 14,000 bowhunters province wide so nowhere is really too crowded, no crossbow hunting helps keep the hunter numbers down too. The first few days, Sept 7-10 have quite a few bulls in velvet but they are all stripped by Sept 12 for sure.

Dave killed an elk on the same hunt.

12-Mar-20
Thanks Luke, caribou77, for the picture post. If I remember correctly Luke killed his bull out of a Texas Tripod type stand on a natural mineral lick at 10 yds!? The licks are deadly IF you are willing to put in the time on stand, 10+ hrs per day, you can even go the full 16 hrs of daylight if you are mentally tough enough? The beauty of the stands is that when a bull comes in he will be there for at least 5-10 minutes, preoccupied with getting his fill of sucking up the mud filled minerals. A less than 20 yd shot is common on the one stand so even a traditional guy could do the hunt and a much longer shot is possible on the other so an out-of-shape long range compound guy could test out his shooting capabilities, solid platform on a hanging tree stand. Or a fitness freak could chase the moose down in the farm fields! Something for everyone.

16-Mar-20

Guide Gerard with his 2019 bull
Guide Gerard with his 2019 bull
Here’s another 2019 pre rut bull called into bow range in an open field. Wear black, let them see you and call them in!

Our archery moose guys in 2019 “missed” a few shots and one combo elk and moose guy didn’t want to go after the moose, he was so happy after killing an elk. A couple guys weren’t keen on sitting the stands so we didn’t end up with a lot of hunter moose kills in 2019.

16-Mar-20
Ok I gotta ask what calls do you use sight hunting

16-Mar-20
Hey Gerry, it’s a low volume, pleading short cow calls, over and over again till you get a reaction. You can also stop and act like a feeding moose and strip leaves loudly from bushes, bend over, walk around, be very obvious. And these aren’t stupid unhunted wilderness moose or moose in a hard to draw a tag area like Shiras moose in some of the Western States. It is nearly impossible to stalk up on them and if you try to call them in the rut in thick woods they are nervous, any wrong unnatural sound will spook them off. The moose I’ve hunted in Alberta and B.C. much prefer to see from a safe distance what is calling and have a good look before heading over to it, then once they are committed they are not too bright.

17-Mar-20
i'd be happy with any of those bulls.

17-Mar-20
Thanks Mike

28-Mar-20

Troy White
Troy White
Troy White from Ontario took this bull with us in 2018 on the Sept 7 to 14 moose and elk combo bowhunt. (We got 5 archery bulls in 2019 and 6 archery bulls in 2018, plus many more rifle kills. We have lots of moose!)

22-Jun-20
Because of the USA border uncertainty, if any Canadian bowsite guys are out there we are putting this hunt up for sale right now for $6500 Canadian dollars, basically a 35% discount. Call or text me anytime for more info 780 864 7736. Thanks!

22-Jun-20
That’s a good deal for almost a for sure bull moose.

23-Jun-20
For that price I'd consider swimming the Lake of the Woods in the middle of the night!

23-Jun-20
It’s an almost 100% certainty to kill or at least unleash a few arrows! Like Luke (caribou77) did, some bulls are killed at less than 20 yds, calling them in or sitting a tree stand.

• Sitka Gear