lewis 14-Mar-20
boobowmen 14-Mar-20
ELKMAN 15-Mar-20
Timex 15-Mar-20
4FINGER 17-Mar-20
4FINGER 17-Mar-20
bill v 17-Mar-20
12-Mar-20
Had shoulder surgery last year and still not back to 100%. Looking for recommendations on the smoothest drawing and holding bows to test shoot. Speed is not a major concern. Looking to stay away from aggressive bows that want to jump forward on you if you relax slightly at full draw. Thank you!

12-Mar-20
Oneida if you can find one. Cabelas bought them out and are carrying them under a different name.

12-Mar-20
You should try a recurve until you are at strength. I've had numerous shoulder surgeries and the worst thing about a compound is if you have to let down.

12-Mar-20
I don't think you're going to be able to beat an Elite for just smooth. There are other smooth bows, but Elite is pretty hard to argue with.

12-Mar-20
I can shoot my 65# Elite Pure all day at a 3D Shoot, with 3 tears in my shoulder (Labrum, Superior Biceps Tendon, and Rotator Cuff).

I did have platelet injections in two of those sites, which helped a lot...nevertheless, the draw cycle is extremely smooth...

12-Mar-20
I sold my Hoyt RX3 and went to a Mathews Vertix. My shoulders are a little picky after 3 surgeries.

12-Mar-20
30# Samick Sage, around 100 bucks and not a bad bow for the money. No compound unless very light weight will be as smooth as a longbow or recurve. Shawn

12-Mar-20
I had surgery on mine last march (labrum, biceps, cuff). Was able to bow hunt elk in September, although my draw weight was just over 50#. The smooth draw on my Elite definitely helped make that possible. As much as I love my Bowtech, It definitely wants to “jump forward” as you say.

12-Mar-20
Just find a trad guy with a longggg low poundage and keep it around.

12-Mar-20
Total replacement last April was shooting 60#s 12 weeks later, different folks heal differently. Low poundage trad bow was my main rehab tool! Shawn

13-Mar-20
Xpedition Xception single cam. Super smooth and still pretty speedy.

13-Mar-20
I have a 50# Synergy and it is nice and smooth. I've heard Athens bows are also smooth. Bowtechs on comfort. Most important is low draw weight and low physical bow weight helps.

13-Mar-20
Matthews no-cam set at 50#.

13-Mar-20
I hurt my shoulder few years back surgery was not an option ,had several different bows couldn't shoot any of them . Bought a used Oneida set it on 50 lbs took 3 months but I got back to shooting 70 lbs on any bow pain free.

13-Mar-20
Picked up a 34# hoyt buffalo the day before surgery. Still in a sling now but ready when doc says go.

13-Mar-20
Oneida only because they are a lot easier to find than a Dynabow.

14-Mar-20
No Cam worked for me (two elk last fall) but be ready for the Slo Cam comments.

14-Mar-20
Rotator cuff surgery and 6 bone spurs I went with a synergy so far so good good luck Lewis

14-Mar-20
The Mathews EZ-7 should be a candidate.

15-Mar-20
The Bowtech Revolt series on the comfort setting are VERY hard yo beat for easy drawing and shooting

15-Mar-20
I also recommend an Oneida there is no cam or wheel rollover Whatsoever my right shoulder is trashed & low 40# trad bows are the most can handle but I draw a 60# Oneida no problem

17-Mar-20

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
Parker EZ Draw...Older Bow like 2006-2010 but it is very smooth drawing But even better letting down...Blew Out My Left Shoulder (Massive Global Rotator Rupture) and this Bow allowed me to Hunt the same Year...that and a lot of Determined Hard recovery Work haha...Good Luck...4finger

17-Mar-20

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
I had mine set @60lbs...shot extremely well and fairly quick...4finger

17-Mar-20
Yup the Parker Easy Draw

• Sitka Gear