Quinn @work 14-Mar-20
SBH 14-Mar-20
bohuntr 15-Mar-20
Hughiam 18-Mar-20
SBH 18-Mar-20
12-Mar-20

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
I have a moose hunt available at Lisa Lake this year due to a cancelation. The cabin is available for two bow hunters at the price of $2,500 per bow hunter. The cabin rental is from September 15th through September 27th. I'll pick guys up at the airport in Anchorage. You'll spend the night at our place in Wasilla. Weather permitting, you'll fly into Lisa Lake (cost is usually about $800) the next morning and be able to hunt on the 16th. There will be an extra flight required to get your moose out too.

You'll stay in the Lisa Lake guest cabin, which is very comfortable for two guys with a full size set of bunk beds, woodstove and clear view of the lake and Mt Denali. Lisa and I will be in the main cabin. There is a hot shower attached to the main cabin with exterior door and accessible from the guest cabin via a deck. No plumbed toilet facility, but an outhouse with nice view overlooking the lake.

Anyone interested, please message me from this site. Once I get a 50% deposit from someone, its gone for 2020.

Cabin is in Unit 16B, which has one of the fastest growing moose populations in the state. Legal bull requires 50 inches wide or at least three brow tines on at least one side. Photo is of an expert bow hunter who killed last year on his second evening. He passed a bull the first evening.

12-Mar-20
Bob, how much for your 6-8 hour course on DIY moose hunting? I've heard it's nearly impossible to kill one DIY. :)

12-Mar-20
JayZ you better go to a petting zoo too because using pictures for a reference will in no way give you a clue as to what a 50 inch moose looks like.

Kidding aside this is a great deal and I’d jump on it right now if I wasn’t booked for the season. I doubt the opening will last very long.

12-Mar-20
Trick question right? I would send anyone who has questions about the Lisa Lake cabin and hunting moose there to hutnfool. He's the one who hunted and filled his tag.

12-Mar-20
Hey Bob, sent you a PM.

12-Mar-20
^^lol!! Sounds like a blast though!

12-Mar-20
That is on my bucket list and really want to do a moose hunt like that in Alaska. I'm committed for September or I'd look for a partner. Will just look forward to some stories.

12-Mar-20

Blacktail Bob's Moose Decoy
Blacktail Bob's Moose Decoy
By the way, its spoken for in 2021, right Shug?

12-Mar-20
Just being able to spend a week or more with Lisa is worth this price! Add in the chance to hunt moose and it’s a bargain.

13-Mar-20
Yes Bob... unless the stock market keeps plunging of course... lol

14-Mar-20
I have rented it for this coming fall, 2020. Thanks to all who have contacted me and expressed an interest. The place is spoken for the fall of 2021 too, but is open for future years so keep it in mind. Thanks again to those of you who have expressed interest.

14-Mar-20
Best of luck to the lucky hunter!

14-Mar-20
Hopefully we can get a semi live hunt from the lucky 2020 hunter! Good luck.

14-Mar-20
^^^yes please! Sure looks like fun.

15-Mar-20
Hi guys, I am one of the lucky hunters that booked the cabin. Really looking forward to the trip! Whether or not we get a moose, it is going to be a great time getting to spend some time with Bob and Lisa in an incredibly beautiful area. We will make sure to give you all some sort of report, whether it be a semi live hunt or a recap. Did I mention that we are excited ….

18-Mar-20
My brother and I hunted there 2 or 3 years ago. The accommodations are extremely comfortable. Lisa is a great hostess and it was fun.

18-Mar-20
That’s awesome Dan! Soak it all in!

• Sitka Gear