midwest 13-Mar-20
JTreeman 13-Mar-20
Pop-r 15-Mar-20
Brotsky 15-Mar-20
wytex 15-Mar-20
Jethro 15-Mar-20
Jethro 15-Mar-20
13-Mar-20
Quick question on modifying/withdrawing Wyoming elk applications. I put in with a partner for WY general tags. We are considering a NM hunt instead. He wouldn’t be able to do both, but maybe I could. Can one of us withdraw from the application and the other one remain in the drawing. Or do we have to remove the whole application and neither of us be in the draw? I’m the lower point holder so it would obviously revert to my point total, and he keep his points i assume.

Thanks for any help.

—Jim

13-Mar-20
That's what happens when you have 17 hunts a year, Jimbo. :)

13-Mar-20
Tell him to suck it up and git'r done.

Going on two hunts in September is like having a beer with your steak.

13-Mar-20
Ha, that’s the problem, he already has a mule deer hunt to go on in Sept as well.

—Jim

13-Mar-20
I'm not 100% for sure but I think you can modify but not withdraw.

13-Mar-20
I believe only the party leader can modify or withdraw the other guy can only withdraw.

13-Mar-20
Good question, I have no idea. Glad I could help. ;-)

13-Mar-20
I am the party leader. Sorry for that lack of info. In that case it would work well, he could withdraw, and I can take my chances with 1 point. Then he could get one more and I’ll ride them next year ;)

Thanks guys, except Midwest.

—Jim

15-Mar-20
WapitiBob will know. I figured he would've chimed in by now.

15-Mar-20
I’m just here to comment that these first world problems have me feeling very sympathetic for you. :)

15-Mar-20
Call the G&F for the right answer.

15-Mar-20
Says if you want to make changes to an app, only the party leader can do that. If you want to withdraw, that can be done individually by party members. From their website:

I’VE SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION – NOW WHAT? After you have applied, you can log back into the online system and: • View and modify previously submitted applications. After the Commission meeting in late April, you are encouraged to check the Department’s website to verify that your season dates have not changed. If you need to modify your application, go to the Department’s website and log in as you did to enter the drawing. When you get to the “Hunting Applications Available” page, click on “View Previously Submitted Applications” and then the “Modify” button and select the “Continue to Update Areas and Types” button. You will not be able to modify the fee type for which you have submitted your application. For example, you can’t change from a regular to a special or a reduced price to a full price or vice versa. The party organizer must make the modifications to party applications. • Withdraw your application from the drawing (see applicable deadline dates for withdrawing applications). For deadlines for withdrawing applications using the Department’s website, please review the application deadline chart on pages 2-6 above. The refund will be issued upon completion of the drawing. Applicants may not withdraw from the Super Tag or Super Tag Trifecta drawing or a preference point only purchase. If you withdraw your application(s) from the drawing, your license fee(s) will not be refunded until after the drawing. To withdraw an application, go to the Department’s website and log in as you did to enter the drawing. Select “View Previously Submitted Applications” and then the “Modify” button and the “Remove Application from Drawing” button.

15-Mar-20

Jethro's Link
Sorry, that copy and paste didn't come out anything like it looked on the website. Here's a link. Scroll down to bottom

• Sitka Gear