Scooby-doo 17-Mar-20
Shuteye 18-Mar-20
Huntiam 18-Mar-20
Elkpacker1 18-Mar-20
ground hunter 18-Mar-20
17-Mar-20

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
Killed this doe Friday eve. She will provide nice lean protein for the family!

17-Mar-20
Was she pregnant?

17-Mar-20
Roadkill??

17-Mar-20
Nuisance permit?? I can shoot them anytime on nuisance permit but don't once March rolls around. Shawn

17-Mar-20
New York? What The??

17-Mar-20
Judging by your attire, and no weapon displayed, can you provide a little more info?

17-Mar-20
Yes, the town has what they call a damage permit. We are allowed to bowhunt only on town properties only. I hit her back and waited overnight. I did have bow in the event of a follow up shot. I stop hunting generally by April 1st. I elect to not nuisance hunt on farms with shotgun but know many who do.

17-Mar-20
So strange to see bow kill pics in mid March.

17-Mar-20
Hunger Permit?

No lines in the squirrel woods either

K~

17-Mar-20
Ha....I thought this was a thread about waiting in line for toilet paper. I did that this morning starting at 4:30.

I shot alot of deer under crop depredation permits. It was shooting whatever was in the ag fields. The deer were donated to families.

17-Mar-20
Thanks for the clarification!

17-Mar-20
For clarification I donated that doe for needy families as well! Our town has a refrigerated cooler where we can drop off deer for the needy which I generally donate 10-15 per season. My family eats 1 deer a year sometimes 2 If we make jerky and burgers. I am back in the stand as I type this.

17-Mar-20
Congrats, and thanks for your efforts! GL!

17-Mar-20

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
great. I did the special Doe inner city bowhunts like 8-9 years ago. I was allowed unlimited but only took 1 for the freezer. Now, I know it's needed but personally I can no longer draw/kill a doe (Deer only). I guess having taken so many over the years (probably 50) I changed in my need to help with conservation/population control. I say I leave them for the younger hunters. I have no problem with taking Does, just not me anymore.

17-Mar-20
Well done

17-Mar-20
I should clarify that I cannot shoot them during actual season and use a nuisance permit. I have to shoot them when deer season is closed. Also I am in a bow only area for regular deer season but I can use any weapon I choose during the closed season. I choose to use my 6.5 or my handgun in 7-30 Waters as I dont really feel like tracking these deer as I am not hunting them, just shooting them. Shawn

18-Mar-20
I just made a crock pot full of deer stew. Got the deer meat out of my freezer.

18-Mar-20

Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Wasn’t one here either today ... more kids on the riverbank today than I’ve seen in yrs I’m talking 10+ yrs....I loved it loved seeing all the kids out fishing and having fun with the their families outside made my day ...

18-Mar-20
yep , I use to shoot 6 does with a 243 in August in the fields of WVA. crop damage. had folks waiting to lpick up the deer. speaking of the grocery store, I still have no TP and my supply is low.

18-Mar-20
We have 25 inches of ice yet, but the gills are keeping tight mouths, warmer weather will happen. My wife are hunkered in, we always have things to do, and food of course is not issue. Somehow I feel a little guilty about that, so many are going to be affected by this

• Sitka Gear