Bou'bound 17-Mar-20
Scooby-doo 17-Mar-20
Shuteye 18-Mar-20
Huntiam 18-Mar-20
Elkpacker1 18-Mar-20
17-Mar-20

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
Killed this doe Friday eve. She will provide nice lean protein for the family!

17-Mar-20
Was she pregnant?

17-Mar-20
Nuisance permit?? I can shoot them anytime on nuisance permit but don't once March rolls around. Shawn

17-Mar-20
New York? What The??

17-Mar-20
Judging by your attire, and no weapon displayed, can you provide a little more info?

17-Mar-20
Yes, the town has what they call a damage permit. We are allowed to bowhunt only on town properties only. I hit her back and waited overnight. I did have bow in the event of a follow up shot. I stop hunting generally by April 1st. I elect to not nuisance hunt on farms with shotgun but know many who do.

17-Mar-20
So strange to see bow kill pics in mid March.

17-Mar-20
Hunger Permit?

No lines in the squirrel woods either

K~

17-Mar-20
Ha....I thought this was a thread about waiting in line for toilet paper. I did that this morning starting at 4:30.

I shot alot of deer under crop depredation permits. It was shooting whatever was in the ag fields. The deer were donated to families.

17-Mar-20
Thanks for the clarification!

17-Mar-20
For clarification I donated that doe for needy families as well! Our town has a refrigerated cooler where we can drop off deer for the needy which I generally donate 10-15 per season. My family eats 1 deer a year sometimes 2 If we make jerky and burgers. I am back in the stand as I type this.

17-Mar-20
Congrats, and thanks for your efforts! GL!

17-Mar-20

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
great. I did the special Doe inner city bowhunts like 8-9 years ago. I was allowed unlimited but only took 1 for the freezer. Now, I know it's needed but personally I can no longer draw/kill a doe (Deer only). I guess having taken so many over the years (probably 50) I changed in my need to help with conservation/population control. I say I leave them for the younger hunters. I have no problem with taking Does, just not me anymore.

17-Mar-20
Well done

17-Mar-20
I should clarify that I cannot shoot them during actual season and use a nuisance permit. I have to shoot them when deer season is closed. Also I am in a bow only area for regular deer season but I can use any weapon I choose during the closed season. I choose to use my 6.5 or my handgun in 7-30 Waters as I dont really feel like tracking these deer as I am not hunting them, just shooting them. Shawn

18-Mar-20
I just made a crock pot full of deer stew. Got the deer meat out of my freezer.

18-Mar-20

Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Wasn’t one here either today ... more kids on the riverbank today than I’ve seen in yrs I’m talking 10+ yrs....I loved it loved seeing all the kids out fishing and having fun with the their families outside made my day ...

18-Mar-20
yep , I use to shoot 6 does with a 243 in August in the fields of WVA. crop damage. had folks waiting to lpick up the deer. speaking of the grocery store, I still have no TP and my supply is low.

• Sitka Gear