Cornpone 17-Mar-20
Cornpone 17-Mar-20
Matt Palmquist 17-Mar-20
Cornpone 17-Mar-20
Paul@thefort 17-Mar-20
flip 22-Mar-20
Paul@thefort 22-Mar-20
17-Mar-20
Thinking of a bow mounted decoy. What companies make them and which ones do you like. I've never seen one in person. I guess it would be one that you can mount and shoot through the hole. How do they mount. Any have say a quick mount attachment? I have a Predator cow elk and that mounts with velcro straps. Would like one that say had a rod that you leave and that went behind the stabilizer to hook up quick. How about fold up when carrying ? Thoughts?? Thanks Ed

17-Mar-20
I made my own from a Montana decoy

17-Mar-20
Thanks Stick N Stings, to be honest I didn't see it under decoys. It is listed under blinds that you can not use a bow mounted decoy. I didn't see that. They should list it under decoys also.. For the last few years I have been thinking of getting one and did know you couldn't..

Now I got to check to see if you can use one in NY... Again thanks.. Ed

17-Mar-20

Cornpone's Link
Made this from a fan and chopped up a deek I never use.

17-Mar-20
Oops...Bowsite too cryptic for me. Can't post a pic readily, can't point to URL.

And main snafu...can't do a preview before posting.

17-Mar-20
Heads Up if you want to use in conjunction with a real fan. Need the decoy and a bow mount that screws on to stabilizer or behind it. Can get an adaptor for trad bows as well.

Ultimate Predator are good for attaching to bow as well with the shoot through hole you mentioned.

I have used the Montana and mounted it to the bow as well, but it catches more wind than the other two in my experience.

Matt

17-Mar-20

Cornpone's embedded Photo
Cornpone's embedded Photo
Another attempt to post a pic.

17-Mar-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
HeadsUP decoy works
HeadsUP decoy works
one needs to practice with the decoy attached. Cut a hole in the tail feathers to look through. Use hen sounds and tom gobbles if needed. Tom shot at 15 yards
one needs to practice with the decoy attached. Cut a hole in the tail feathers to look through. Use hen sounds and tom gobbles if needed. Tom shot at 15 yards

22-Mar-20
teton look back under the thread "fan carrying" about a month back.I posted some pics of my fan mounted to the bow that i hav e been using for a few years.Works great .Would not be out there without it. I use it stuck in the ground in my decoy s when not on the bow. Nothing more fun than a tom at at five yards trying to kick your ass!

22-Mar-20

I had this idea with two tom decoys
I had this idea with two tom decoys
I placed one on a stick (in the ground) and /Or
I placed one on a stick (in the ground) and /Or
Or if out in the open and needing more cover, I also attached one to the bow.
Or if out in the open and needing more cover, I also attached one to the bow.

• Sitka Gear