Bowfreak 20-Mar-20
Tradmike 20-Mar-20
Missouribreaks 21-Mar-20
ahunter76 21-Mar-20
woodguy65 22-Mar-20
overbo 23-Mar-20
South Farm 23-Mar-20
18-Mar-20
Looking to buy a hunting property either Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, or Iowa. Asking for opinions and insight of the pros and cons. Thanks

18-Mar-20

18-Mar-20

18-Mar-20
Nix Illinois high taxes

18-Mar-20
X2 Highlife. Moving here and buying a home was the worst investment of my life.

18-Mar-20
If you don't plan to move to Iowa, nix Iowa.

19-Mar-20
Agree with no Illinois and no Iowa unless you have loads of money and are gonna move there. Ohio and Kentucky may work. I would look at South Dakota, some great deer there and cheaper land. Shawn

19-Mar-20
I just bought in Ohio. They have the best season for bowhunting and some terrific bucks! Kentucky has better land buys. For what I paid in Ohio I could get 50-100% more land in KY.

19-Mar-20
Better bourbon in Kentucky.

19-Mar-20
I’d choose Kentucky depending on your criteria of proximity of hunting property to your home.

19-Mar-20
I’d avoid Illinois like the plague, for reason mentioned above.

19-Mar-20
Is'nt the Game Trails property in Kentucky? Might check into that, could be available...

19-Mar-20
Ohio. If open up to more states though would look out West as are more than deer to bow hunt.

19-Mar-20
Getting enough property out west to hunt any big game except deer would take a lot of cash. Elk require a lot of land to keep them on.

19-Mar-20
Kentucky. More consistent. If you’re thinking Ohio go all the way west or don’t bother.

20-Mar-20
Pat is correct....hunting seasons in Ohio are more conducive to bowhunting. You will get to hunt a week to about a week to 13 days in KY depending on the calendar to bowhunt in November without people hunting with high powered rifles. It is still good even when everyone else is gun hunting though.

20-Mar-20
I owned farms in Iowa and Illinois. Cant get a tag every year in Iowa unless u live there. Illinois taxes are very reasonable for farm land, but if u build a home, taxes go up alot. Kentucky and Ohio are probably your best bets. Expect to more for land and taxes in Ohio.

21-Mar-20
I would personally avoid Illinois and it's high tax government.

21-Mar-20

I have bowhunted Illinois , my home state, Iowa where I live now 20 years & Wisconsin. Add Wisconsin to that list & check out their prices for land. If you have a decent PRIVATE parcel you can manage it the way you want. Check out P&Y entries from the 3 states, your gonna be surprised.

22-Mar-20
I live in Illinois and own land in Illinois. I will not retire in this State (which is 10 years away) -Im looking for land in Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee.

The State will never come out of the fiscal ruin. At this point in time - land and the taxes on the land is not bad - just don't put a house on it. LOL Plus all the other taxes here just aint worth it.

23-Mar-20
Thank you everyone, big help 4 my search

23-Mar-20
You're supposed to be "sheltering in place", not moving to kill a dumb deer! lol!

• Sitka Gear