bigswivle 22-Feb-23
fuzzy 22-Feb-23
xxsylasxx 29-Mar-23
Whocares 29-Mar-23
willliamtell 29-Mar-23
willliamtell 29-Mar-23
IsaacMoore 26-Sep-23
21-Mar-20
Am I the only one that HATES working out at home?! I love the gym, look forward to it daily. I can barely muster the energy to go into the basement to workout now! Pretty soon I’ll be looking for lighter limbs! Haha

21-Mar-20
I’m the exact opposite. I hate gyms. Something about using equipment that hundreds of sweaty strangers have used before me never sat well with me.

Matt

21-Mar-20
Same here UC. I love going to the gym. Mine finally closed last week. Now I'm running and doing pushups/pullups, air squats at home. Hope to be in the hills looking for horns soon for my cardio....although I think it will be busy this year:)

Lets stick with it and work with what we have! Mountain Tough just released a 30 day at home no equipment workout. To anyone struggling financially the owner said to email him and he would send it to them for free. Let's work together and support each other through this.

21-Mar-20

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
I picked this up. I’d love a flat bench and some heavy dumbbells but I think dumbbells must be filled with gold. They don’t give those things away!!!

21-Mar-20
Way to go guys! Good stuff.

21-Mar-20
I'm in the hate the gym category. I use insanity and p90x-3. As well as treadmill when I can't run outside.

21-Mar-20
I am in same boat. I order some Resistance Bands with handles from Amazon that should be here soon. I've got a exercise bike at the office I have been using. Order a extra box of quarters from loomis I am using for a 25 pound dumbbell. But I was going to gym three days a week and work out for about hour and 15 minutes working out nonstop. It is hard to have the same motivation out of gym for me.

21-Mar-20
I think scoot needs to post of video of the trampoline work out. I am sure if I tried that I would soon be taking up one of the much need hospital beds.

21-Mar-20
I did p90x. Good for you for keeping with it. I made it about 3 weeks and the increase in energy and strength was awesome but I just couldn’t do it. Maybe it’s the girls in yoga pants and sports bras that keep me going. Hmmmm....

21-Mar-20
I'd rather workout at the gym also. Too many distractions at home. When I go to the gym it is with a purpose. At home I get easily sidetracked. Better than nothing though and you can always get outside and walk.

21-Mar-20

midwest's embedded Photo
Annette is a frickin' beast!
midwest's embedded Photo
Annette is a frickin' beast!
midwest's embedded Photo
Thanks for a kick ass workout, Netty!
midwest's embedded Photo
Thanks for a kick ass workout, Netty!
My gym has a lap pool, spin classes, etc. I miss it dearly for my triathlon training. One of my friends who is a trainer at a gym I used to do my kickboxing class at started a facebook group where she gives daily home gym workouts..."Fitness Without a Witness". It's a great combination of cardio and strength training that will kick your ass for around an hour.

You have to post a picture showing you did at least 3 workouts per week or you're kicked out of the group. You don't have to follow her workouts everyday but show you did something. Since I do a lot of running and biking along with strength training, some days I'll follow her workout, some days I'll get my runs or biking in and just do the strength portions. Glad I ended up keeping my home gym equipment!

21-Mar-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Home made dumbbell. Box of quarter, a wrench, and some tape!

21-Mar-20
HASfit on YouTube has lots of good home workouts to follow.

21-Mar-20
http://mtntactical.com Great website with research backed training plans.

On their site go to general fitness plans, then bodyweight/limited equipment, then gym closure plan. 7 weeks of training plan for $9.

21-Mar-20
I'm in the "hate gyms" group.

At our mountain place and town place we have full workout/yogs setups. Kettlebells, free weights, bands, step up-jump up blocks, etc. On the off days we either do long hilly bike rides or hikes (or snowshoeing) with packs. We push each each other, and with her being REALLY fit and younger, right now I'm in the best early spring shape in probably 15 years.

21-Mar-20
So what we have learned is the Lou moved the yoga chick in with him! ;)-

21-Mar-20
Wonder is she's seen the hip x-ray pic.....

I hate the gym. Hate exercising indoors period. Rather put on the sneakers or boots and head out for a run or a hike.

21-Mar-20

Bowboy's Link
I have a Proform HIIT Trainer machine. It's easy on your joints and will kick your butt. Best workout machine I've ever own.

21-Mar-20
I miss the gym but push up bars and a #53 kettlebell is getting the job done!

21-Mar-20
Geez, Eyad, a 53# kettlebell? You're an animal!

21-Mar-20
I've got a concept 2 rower, dumbells and kettlebells. Row 5k meters every morning and some light weights. Good to go for a while anyway

21-Mar-20
There is always a bright side to the situation I do a walk/run at our local high school and they will be out at least until the 4th of May so less traffic with parent pick up and students driving around but I’m sure some parents don’t see the shinny side as a whole lot of logistics for their situation.

21-Mar-20
I like working out in my 30 x 50 shed. It's free and I'm surrounded by my hunting stuff. Turn the tunes on, shoot a few arrows, and start working out. In the winter I turn the Hot Dawg heater on and in 10 minutes I'm warm enough to get it done. My strength routine takes about 50 minutes. I also have an elliptical and treadmill in there. In the warm months I run.

21-Mar-20
I like the gym but because I spend a lot of time where it's not reasonable, (ain't retirement great!) I have about 10 bands which allow me to do all the shoulder therapy exercises, curls, pulls and presses. Just need a tree to strap too.

Also, the cardio rehab place I use shut all non-patients off on Sunday.

21-Mar-20
I run trails pretty much every weekend, year round, regardless of conditions. My running Buddy gives me a great excuse to get outside and get after it. It was a little wet today!

21-Mar-20
I didn’t hear Buddy say anything about how cold the water was. Lol!

21-Mar-20
Brad, if there isn't ice on it, he's goin in!

21-Mar-20

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
Put me in the I hate gyms category. I’ve been working out at home since I left college 30 plus years. Lift and run quite a bit - I like the P-90x too.

21-Mar-20
You don’t need fancy machines - just the basics. I do have a commercial High Lat/ Low Row machine though.

21-Mar-20
Well, been in the CrossFit congregation for a couple years ... been better for me than running and P90x and the like. But ... closed. Wife and I have been slowly drifting to powerlifting, so ... “Hello, Rogue ...”

22-Mar-20
I've just been doing my dumbell lifting, some pushups, sit-ups, squats, pull-ups (not 50 at a time like bowboy!!)

Weather permitting~~ out hiking with my water jug filled training backpack, I do carry an umbrella as it has been so unsettled weather wise.

I ride my eAssit bike doing errands ect. instead of driving, with very little of the eAssist.

Do the best ya can fella's and ladies, it all adds up.

Stay safe and healthy all,

Robb

22-Mar-20
I've been going to a gym for the last 40 years. My gym closed Friday. Now I'm at home. Lots of cardio-biking and running. I went to a used equipment place and bought some dumb bells. Walmart still had resistance bands and an ab roller. I've got a rack coming so I can do pull ups, lats, abs etc. Don't know what it's called, but it looks like the picture Ucs posted above. I have a lat bar that I'm going to hang from a rafter for lats etc. I already had those strap on weights and heavy therabands from a recent rehap. I also have a pool. I live in Florida so it's still a go. I can duplicate most exercises, just not the intensity or the weight. With a little thought and ingenuity, you can duplicate most exercises. Add some pushups, planks, burpees, and mountain climbers. Better than nothing at all. I refuse to sit idle and intend to continue my daily workout. This could last a while. Now, if I could only find TP!

Stay safe and healthy. Good luck all.

22-Mar-20
I dislike gyms: have been doing a combination of P90X and Insanity videos in the basement for awhile. As the weather warms, I'll incorporate road and mtn biking into the workouts...riding to the archery range gets 36 miles and 4,000 vertical feet of climbing!

22-Mar-20
I hate workouts at home. I'm a fitness class fan. HIIT and spinning classes 4x week. Now its hiking do some stuff at home and pullups

22-Mar-20
I started working at home on Friday.

I decided to do 10 burpees an hour. (Finally motivated myself in PM) Luckily only did 30. I am sore. But will do again starting tomorrow.

22-Mar-20
Way to stay with it, guys. Make yourself bulletproof! Be a part of the solution not a part of the problem.

The diet is at least as important as the physical exercise. Awfully easy to eat garbage all day when you're stuck at home!

22-Mar-20
You’re right Midwest. I have 2 fridges and 4 freezers full in case colorado goes into shutdown. It’s supposed to last me a month or more. At the rate I’m going it will last 2 weeks!

I’m in day 2 of the home gym. Took a pre workout for the first time. What a difference!

22-Mar-20
What is P90X??

22-Mar-20

Scrappy's Link
Lawdog, You follow a set workout plan via video. P90x is geared more towards building muscle and insanity is geared towards cardio. Both can kick your butt. Really for people who just want to just hit play and follow along while you get whipped into shape.

22-Mar-20
Thank you. Everything helps.

22-Mar-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I went for a hike in the foothills this morning

22-Mar-20

JohnMC's Link
What opinions on this workout?

22-Mar-20
2 hours of pedaling on the fat bike today. Sure dud appreciate the air and the sky above.

22-Mar-20
I have a Peloton and keep it in my bedroom and have been riding just about everyday. The reason it is in the bedroom is so I see it every morning and every night and it "makes" me ride it. Usually do two a days except for weekends I will do an hour class both Sat and Sunday. I used to race cross country MTB and this is the closest thing I have found to racing indoors. Also have a bowflex and try to hit that 3-times a week for back and arms. Was contemplating getting back into racing this year, but who knows if that will happen with the what's going on.

22-Mar-20
JohnMC, looks like a great strength routine. Just add cardio same day or alternate.

22-Mar-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Some back, bi's, and tri's along with 4 min. intervals on the bike.

22-Mar-20
Damn it Nick. You’re making us young guys look bad - again! :)

22-Mar-20
If I had mountains in my backyard, I'd rather be doing what you got to do today!

22-Mar-20
I've never been a gym rat but do a home workout. I've been dedicated to it for 45+ years, it works for me I'm fortunate that I am a self motivator.

ElkNut/Paul

22-Mar-20
Johnmc hard to go wrong with any Athleanx workout Jeff is one of the best. I’ve done several of his W/O’s before. He is a Physical Therapist as well as Trainer (was trainer for Mets).

22-Mar-20
I have horses so my gym is in the barn. Shovel poop, stack and feed hay, fill/carry water buckets, sweep, rake, wheelbarrow. Every day, TWICE a day. Rain, snow, wind, cold, heat.

The best part is that you can't get Covid19 from a horse!

22-Mar-20
Nick you can always move!

22-Mar-20
Solo working 3 hours on a husky cutting wood, hand splitting it all, and then stacking it all working on uneven ground is killer work out that gets every inch of your body involved. With this shut down I will be in my woods 3 days a week. Try it - you will find out where all your out of shape muscles really are!

22-Mar-20

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Like others I don't like a gym. Maybe it's my introverted nature. I like the privacy of a solid workout. I keep it pretty simple right now.

1. Shoot a little each day 2. A good kettle bell workout every other day integrated with jumping rope 3. A solid day of motocross at least twice a week.

I'll integrate weighted hikes soon.

22-Mar-20
The last time I was in a gym for a workout was 1969. I don’t like them. But I’ve worked out 4-6 days a week in my basement for 35 plus years. Did so this morn and will again tomorrow.

23-Mar-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I too miss my lap swimming!

Added some burpee's yesterday, I too am sore.....

True that, hiking trails are pretty gooey.

Heck Yeah ~~ keeping the diet going strong is very important too.

Keep the faith,

Robb

23-Mar-20
I put my road bike on the trainer. I live far out and hike with the dog. it is drying up enough to get the old school 26" wheel nonmotorized real mountain bike out. I've also got to fire up the saw and do some wood gathering.

23-Mar-20
Saving this to my favorites for a list to call for moose packing next fall;-)

23-Mar-20
What all is in that dish?

23-Mar-20
Sit ups, push ups, pull ups, Total Gym and a tread mill in the basement have been my "go to's" for years. I work out as soon as I get home from work because if I sit down, it's over. I used to enjoy going to the gym when I was younger before marriage and my son. The scenery was pretty nice too most days although I do wish yoga pants had been more popular back then.

23-Mar-20
Onnit kettle bell workout is a pretty well rounded core wore out you can do with one kettle bell at home.

23-Mar-20

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Let's try it this way.

23-Mar-20

Trophyhill's embedded Photo
Trophyhill's embedded Photo
Someone say Yoga?

23-Mar-20
These thread always get off track. Gone from home workout to camel hunting ;)

23-Mar-20
An older fella I used to work with when I was younger used to say all the time, "You can't say no to the toe!".

23-Mar-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Social distancing and working out at 10,000’. Trouble was, the fish are also social distancing! Only caught one small one.

Still 5’ of ice. Couldn’t get thru in some spots, even with my extension. That’s a workout!

23-Mar-20
Thing’ll swallow you whole!

24-Mar-20
John, all Vegan other than the Elk Tenderloins, even some pineapple chunks.....

No need for any magazines/phone in the Sit Down Office!!!! haha

Good luck, Robb

24-Mar-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Yesterday ice fishing. Today tilling the gardens.

25-Mar-20
In the home gym. Getting easier. Not sure the workout is the same. 30lb dumbbells make it tough, even with slower reps and more of them. Keep it up guys!

25-Mar-20
Brad let me know if you need to do more of those tilling workouts. You can bring it over to Greeley and I'll let you work out in my garden. I won't even charge you!

02-Apr-20
I do both, but always liked working out at home. body weight movements at home are killer if a guy does them right, don't even need the weights.

17-Feb-23
I’ve worked out 4-6 times a week in my basement for 20+ years. I’m out of bed, exercised and in the shower before I could have packed a bag, drove to gym, got dressed, etc. headed to my weight room now.I could never find the time/initiative to go to a gym.

17-Feb-23
Not surprising but our responses are about 50/50! I am in the mix it up camp, but one I always do regardless of home or gym is to walk on and inclined treadmill BACKWARDS to simulate walking down hill (no hills in flatland). Get some weird looks in a gym when I do it, but helps front of leg muscles. Had a buddy who had to give up on hunt after day one when he hunted down day 1 and knees were so swollen he couldn't walk. Good luck.

17-Feb-23
Must be the updated version of the Insanity workout, Scoot! Glad nobody got hurt.

17-Feb-23
Scoot, Pro-tip, they fight less when they are unconscious. Ha!

17-Feb-23
Holy thread revival batman!

Working out sucks, at home and in the gym. Mind numbingly boring to me. I need to be outside somewhere. One of the reasons I moved :)

17-Feb-23

2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Life behind bars 3x a week, doing 10 to 15 miles, followed by a half hour of calisthenics and light weights. When temps are below 30degrees I have an indoor stationary cycle and watch Aerial America.

18-Feb-23
Geezus, Scoot!

18-Feb-23
Yikes Scoot!

Glad you and those other folks were there and good on you all for stepping in.

I hope that fella gets the help he needs and I hope your workouts are a lot more low impact in the future!

18-Feb-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Home gym power rack and dumbbells…And this stupid Assault bike lol
Blood's embedded Photo
Home gym power rack and dumbbells…And this stupid Assault bike lol
I hate cardio. Any cardio. It’s all weights. Heavy compound movements with some isolation days too. Keep mixing it up.

18-Feb-23
What a crazy story, Scoot! Glad you're ok!

18-Feb-23
Dang Scoot! Good on you for stepping in! I work out at home. Have a treadmill and elliptical. Also Olympic weight set and an old machine that I can do lats, rowing and triceps exercises on. Also some dumbbells. Need to add a curl bar and some kettle bells. Also would like a stationary bike. Been working out at home for over 30 years after a couple years in a gym. Just felt I didn't need to spend the money to work out.

18-Feb-23
Scoot! Sounded like someone needed to put that dude to sleep! A rear naked choke would have been awesome! Jiujitsu is a true superpower, starting at around blue belt for most schools. I have 4-5 inches and 50-80 lbs on both my sons. Older boy (23) is a blue belt in BJJ, the younger one (18) is still a white belt with 3 years of training. My only hope when they try for a shot at the title is to fight passionately dirty. Fingers up their nose, grab a handful of flank skin, etc. otherwise, they eff me up. They are also in incredible shape from home workouts, plus 3-4 days/week rolling. Me? Mostly cardio…biking, sprints, elevation hikes….burpees & pushups. I eat a lot…clean, but I like good food. And good beer. And good wine. And sometimes bourbon. I would be 309 lbs if I didn’t exercise

18-Feb-23
Anyone have a good squat exercise at home to do without that bar across your neck?

I have a Smith machine but neck and back issues make it not advisable to do these squats with a bar. I have been doing body weight squats…and just rejoined a gym for the leg machines.

18-Feb-23
I’m the opposite as well. I hate the gym and would never pay to use one. Don’t want the distraction of other people. All I have at home is a rowing machine, treadmill, kettlebells, dumbbells, pull-up bar and a motocross bike.

I’ll use the nice gym we have at work between meetings most days if nobody is in there. Makes for a nice 20 minute break and it’s necessary because I sit a lot.

18-Feb-23
Beendare - you can do front squats with the bar if you don’t like the bar across your traps. It takes the stress off your back because you’re more upright. And you’ll use less weight.

Other good options are - Split legged Bulgarian squats - they would be my next choice for you. One leg on the bench and use dumbbells in each hand. Next is lunges with dumbbells or holding a plate. Belt squat machine - if your gym has that, is an excellent choice too. Hack squat is always fun too. :)

Leg press is ok. But it you don’t get a full range of motion. And it will stress your back if you round it out when you come down. Good luck. There’s tons of options with legs.

18-Feb-23
Everybody situation is different. I have access to a world class olympic pool.. as an ex military swimmer I can do.just as much if not more in a pool.

19-Feb-23
Thx Blood

19-Feb-23
Beendare- +1 on Bulgarian squats. Simple exercise. If you are just starting, no dumbells is a good place to start.

Another option is wall squats. They are controlled. Seemingly easy (On paper) Reality is they are TOUGH. 1 minute may not seem long,,, unless you are doing wall squats.

Scoot. I wish I could of been there. (I am in a foul mood and I need a release!) But I know there are plenty of folks at the Y to step up. (Such as yourself) Nicely done.

20-Feb-23
Front squats, goblet squats, QB squats, and lunges. I would recommend getting some bands to help ease the neck/shoulder stuff.

21-Feb-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Strength training

21-Feb-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Aerobic

21-Feb-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Flexibility

21-Feb-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Flexibility

22-Feb-23
There isn't a gym within 30 miles of here so I have to improvise

22-Feb-23
Push-ups are so underrated. I do a 10minutes push-up challenge a couple times a week to see if I can better my reps every time. As many push-ups as you can do in 10minutes.

22-Feb-23
RockyD I'm too old for Bog Walker I just hit Brushy. Lol

29-Mar-23
I totally feel you on this one. Working out at home can be tough, especially if you're used to going to the gym. But don't worry, you're definitely not alone. It can be hard to get motivated when you're surrounded by all the distractions of home. Have you tried mixing up your routine? Maybe trying some new exercises or even getting some new equipment like resistance bands or dumbbells can help to make things more exciting. And hey, if all else fails, maybe treating yourself to some new boxing gloves amazon can give you that extra push you need. Hang in there, you got this!

29-Mar-23
One benefit at the gym is the scenery.

29-Mar-23
If you have access to it, Barre will kick your butt.

29-Mar-23
If you have access to it, Barre will kick your butt. Don't get the folks that don't like to hike - unless you only sit in a blind, how do you hunt? Seems like some of the best preps for hunting is to do as close to the hunting activities as possible in training. If you hunt elk, you got to move.

26-Sep-23
I've found myself in a situation where home workouts are the only option right now. My suggestion is that you can try mixing things up at home. Maybe create a dedicated workout space in your basement that feels more like a mini gym. Get some posters or motivational quotes on the walls, put on your favorite workout playlist, and see if that pumps up your energy. Also, have you considered checking out a guide on wearing lifting straps? They can be a game-changer for home workouts, providing that extra grip and stability you'd typically get from gym equipment. You might find some cool options at https://www.tuffwraps.com/blogs/news/how-to-use-lifting-straps .

• Sitka Gear