spike buck 21-Mar-20
Ambush 21-Mar-20
Mike Ukrainetz 21-Mar-20
JL 21-Mar-20
Alexis Desjardins 21-Mar-20
Ken Taylor 21-Mar-20
newfi1946moose 21-Mar-20
21-Mar-20
Can an American citizen get a Canadian guide license?

21-Mar-20
Relatively easy in BC.

21-Mar-20
Not that I know of.... you can however get a work permit for a period of time to work for an outfitter in Ontario.

21-Mar-20
In BC it is quite easy. Large outfitters prefer to hire out of province and out of country guides/helpers.

Go to GOABC and look under getting a guides licence.

I will remove my first post because it is obviously different for each province. BC’s guide outfitter association executives proposed and strategically lobbied to make it easy to hire out of country guides and helpers.

21-Mar-20
Not sure where the “yes, very easy” comes from? Regulations vary with each province. You first need a Canadian work permit like spike buck says and then you MAY be able to get a guide license. In Alberta you can get a waterfowl guide license right now and they are working on making Americans to be able to get a Big Game guide license. Is supposed to be in place for this fall.

21-Mar-20
I know the guy that runs Duck Mountain Outfitters in Manitoba is from Michigan. Knew another Michigan outfitter in Ontario. Heard of other US citizens doing it. Wasn't the Tuttiliuk crew from the US?? Can't speak for any other province.

21-Mar-20

Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
Manitoba

21-Mar-20
Hunting is regulated under Provincial jurisdiction, and as a Canadian, I've done official legal guiding work in three different Provinces. However, like Mike U. said, each Province's laws vary. Also as Mike U. mentioned, officially working in Canada falls under Federal jurisdiction and that's a whole different thing. It can be done (I've known American guides in Canada), but it would require you having to deal with both entities beforehand.

21-Mar-20
Tuttiluk's manager was from Montreal...their business manager was from Tenn. I worked for them for three tears but quit them two years before the "belly-up" problem.

• Sitka Gear