Grey Ghost 22-Mar-20
Ambush 22-Mar-20
Treeline 23-Mar-20
Chief 419 23-Mar-20
Ace 23-Mar-20
21-Mar-20

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
My son-in-law has his boat moored on the BC north coast. We had planned a November coastal goat hunt, but maybe it is time to get some fresh salt air in the lungs a little earlier than that with all that’s going on!

21-Mar-20
I have a spring bear hunt planned in Alaska. Can't think of a safer place to be right now. Now if I can only get there... Bill

21-Mar-20

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
His dad also has a fully equipped, self contained, sixteen man, floating camp. I might eventually get tired of fresh salmon, halibut, rockfish, crabs, prawns and Blacktail, but I could eat some seal sometimes just to know how lucky I was to have the other stuff. If it got real bad, I could eat the goat!!

21-Mar-20
I’ll swap you some delicious Iowa “corn fed” whitetail for that crappy halibut, crabs, rockfish or prawns, Rod. Always willing to help a guy out!

21-Mar-20
That is a nice looking houseboat!!! Sounds like a great plan.

21-Mar-20

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
We did a six day trip along the coast last summer. We only fished for food, but here was not shortage.

22-Mar-20
That looks like a lot of fun!

If ya need a 1st mate, I'm ex Navy ~~ haha

Robb

22-Mar-20
Cool houseboat. Any more pics of that?

22-Mar-20
Love the backdrop! Looks like a great place to practice a bit of social distancing!

22-Mar-20

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
I think that's a great plan, Rod, assuming your boat mates are all healthy.

I hope to be social distancing on my skiff in Florida in about a month.

Matt

22-Mar-20
Looks fun, I think that'll do fine! Stay well Rod!

22-Mar-20

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
GG, I'm always very impressed when I see videos of those guys ripping across the flats at seventy mph!!

BC, it's not really a houseboat. It's purpose built on a barge tub and it's bigger than it looks in the first pic. You actually go down about six steps into the living area. I think it has seven bedrooms up stairs and a large living suite and full galley kitchen downstairs. Big wood stove in the main hall. He rents it out as a floating work camp for logging on the remote coastal areas. He's retiring and plans to just be a bunkhouse and dock for sport fisherman.

22-Mar-20

Rod,

If you've never done it you should. Be advised, however, it's addicting. ;-)

Matt

22-Mar-20
Amazing fish!!

23-Mar-20
Beautiful picture, GG. We just canceled our trip to Florida. Too many unknowns with traveling right now.

23-Mar-20
Treeline - Once this virus crisis settles down, you and your better half can make another trip down here. The redfish are starting to turn on.

23-Mar-20
Nice looking places to self isolate. Better be Careful guys, the editor here keeps deleting threads he deems non bow hunting related. Probably should point out that you have a bow with you on those boats.

Very cool looking houseboat and other fishing/ Bowhunting rigs! Don’t forget to Stock up on Corona beer to show this virus who’s the boss.

• Sitka Gear