wildwilderness 25-Mar-20
Jack Harris 25-Mar-20
Bowfreak 26-Mar-20
Lawboytom 29-Mar-20
Lawboytom 29-Mar-20
stjohnh4 10-Apr-20
Shawn 10-Apr-20
23-Mar-20
Wondering what those who have used them think? This is debate free, I’m not looking for opinions on expandables, why you shouldn’t use them or the fact that your grandfather hunted with Ishi & they only used fix blades........... Just straight feedback on their performance. Thanks

23-Mar-20
I don't have any experience with the Carni four Frank, but I will say you have some great trophies on your page. Congrats! Have you shot mechanicals in the past?

23-Mar-20
PM sent

23-Mar-20
Thx Bowfreak. Yea, used them quite a bit actually. Spent a little over a month in New Zealand and Australia last year and shot a couple dz animals of all sizes from fallow Deer, Sambar, axis, red stag, tahr, rusa and even shot one of my buffalo with one.

23-Mar-20
I used them on a Mountain Goat and a couple of deer. I have no complaints about them.

One thing that I think people overlook is that once the two main blades start to open the bleeder blades just fall open with no pressure required at all.

I feel like I still prefer a rear deploying head but again they did a good job for me. Like everything shot placment counts.

24-Mar-20
I killed a deer a couple years ago with one. Blades did not deploy. You're 100% correct in that shot placement matters. It was like a field point piercing the main heart artery. Looked like someone painted the desert floor red with a 4' wide paint roller. I won't use one again

24-Mar-20
I'm a late convert to mechanicals. I've shot quite a few animals with them over the past 6-7 years. I really love the idea of the Killzone but they rob so much energy I have moved away from them. I'm sure there are other great mechanicals on the market, but I haven't shot anything that is better than the Trypan. Even with a smaller sample size on the Trypan I feel comfortable in saying that the penetration of this head compared to the Killzone is night and day better.

24-Mar-20
Been shooting a Carnifour the last 3 years. Tough head, great blood trails. Never had one issue with them.

25-Mar-20
I’ve used the fatal steel and it works. fly great which is most important and doesn’t need a stinkin o-ring or collar.

One weakness is I think they can be sharper. A friend swears by the Carni four.

I doubt the “blades failed to deploy” when you had red carpet. It is very common for grim reaper blades to flip back after the shot since they are spring loaded.

25-Mar-20
one of the best bowhunters I know that has shot every head there is, considers this to be the best mechanical on deer. I have never tried it. I do prefer VPA fixed blades but did dabble in mechanical again last season just to play around. Tried the 2.25" cut, 125gr Shwackers. Quite lethal despite extremely poor penetration for me on a 60# Triax and 465gr total weight arrows. Went 4 for 4 with them. Now back to VPAs... I like two holes and arrow stuck in ground best!

26-Mar-20
I edited my post above. I had a brain fart and typed Hypodermic when I meant Trypan. The Trypan has a better blade angle than the Hypo in my opinion. The Trypan is a great head.

29-Mar-20

Lawboytom's embedded Photo
The things are awesome. Used them the past two years and been really happy with the results.
The things are awesome. Used them the past two years and been really happy with the results.

29-Mar-20

10-Apr-20
I dropped some Whitetails with these GR's and will continue to use them. Never observed an exit wound as large as the pic above tho.

10-Apr-20
If ya get an exit wound. I tried the regular Reapers and prefer my VPA 3 blades, even shoulder shot deer I get more than enough penetration. Shawn

• Sitka Gear