Contributors to this thread:
12yards 24-Mar-20
JohnMC 24-Mar-20
AZ~Rich 24-Mar-20
Bou'bound 24-Mar-20
RK 25-Mar-20
Smtn10PT 26-Mar-20
24-Mar-20
I'm sure it's been posted before, but I'm lazy to do a search. How do you care for your mounts/clean them/polish them? Mine need a good going over.

24-Mar-20
Clean them LOL.

In all seriousness all I have ever done it dusted them off. That does not happen very often.

24-Mar-20
Getting the dust out of the hair is generally a good thing to do periodically. Sometimes just a dusting with a feather duster is all it takes but eventually there will be enough to warrant a deeper cleaning either with a vacuum (brush head) or air blasts. Horns can be polished or buffed with a soft cloth. Dull antlers can be livened up with some Old English (dark or med dark) on a cloth. Use wind-ex on a q-tip to clean up glass eyes. Use a fine short bristle brass or steel brush to groom hair back to its natural pattern and layering after any deep cleaning. In areas prone to carpet beetle larva you can fumigate your mounts inside sealed plastic bags with some moth balls for few days.

24-Mar-20
Dust buster and Vaseline on the Nose

25-Mar-20
When I had lots of mounts I would have my taxidermist and a Furrier come by every other year and have the mounts glazed and touched up. The mounts would look new!! Worth every dime, especially when I sold them

26-Mar-20
I use show sheen on mine, works great

• Sitka Gear