Beginner 27-Mar-20
Smtn10PT 27-Mar-20
GF 28-Mar-20
Kurt 28-Mar-20
fubar racin 28-Mar-20
26-Mar-20

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
I poached Brad's pic and thought I'd start another thread.

You are shooting your favorite mechanical head. Do you shoot or not and if you shoot which letter are you shooting with what mechanical?

I predict Bowsite entertainment coming.

26-Mar-20
Since Cnelk poached that photo from me, I should respond ... B

26-Mar-20
B every day at that range. Taken a couple of elk with this same shot. I have shot mechanicals for 20+ years and they have performed great.

26-Mar-20
I'm still taking that shot with my favorite mechanical. Rocket Steelhead will get it done. And I'd aim for B still.

26-Mar-20
Me too. B with my mechs

26-Mar-20
Sorry Deertick, I need to add footnotes. :)

Which mechanical?

I don't know any better but I will say:

Yes, B, Trypan.

26-Mar-20
I shoot traditional gear using homemade cedar arrows and two blade Zwicky broad-heads. I’ed shoot for letter “B” for a quick kill.

26-Mar-20
Mechanical heads have no place in my quiver hahaha. I guess if I'm shooting rabbits . Maybe

26-Mar-20
Although I still favor a fixed blade that close range frontal shot is tailor-made for a big cut mechanical. Many arteries in the front of the chest. If the shoulder bone is hit square I wouldn’t count on any broadhead (fixed or mechanical) making it into the chest cavity.

26-Mar-20
B. Rocket Steelhead 125s in my quiver all the time! Very confident that I could take that elk home to Indiana given that shot at that distance if I'm already at full draw! Pete

26-Mar-20
Are we gonna have to bloodtrail this one onto a side hill thicket?

26-Mar-20
B for me. I have shot two bulls in this spot and both have died within 50 yards or so. A 500 grain arrow with a coc head has gotten great penetration. One arrow was buried up to the fletching and the other was just starting to poke out the rear quarter.

26-Mar-20
I shoot Iron Will BHs, and would take that shoot at B. Have never shot a mech, but only been in the sport since 1977.

26-Mar-20
I’m still at between b and c. Choice of head would not change my mind, otherwise I wouldn’t be shooting that head.

26-Mar-20
Well I said in the other thread that I basically took that exact shot last year.. I shot “B”(or very close) bull went @ 70 yds and died in sight.. Rage Trypan

26-Mar-20
Sorry. Just realized this was the mechanical thread. I read both threads and meant to put it on the other thread.

26-Mar-20
I would put it to B. Head of choice..

Rocket steelhead 100

26-Mar-20
Just a tiny bit left of B - if already at full draw less than 25 yards - with 73 pound PSE Xpedite 30 inch draw Axis camo 300 with Wasp Jak-Hammer select-A-cut 1.5 inch 3 blade. Total arrow weight 475 grains. Still much rather them broadside or angling away.

27-Mar-20
B

27-Mar-20
I would spit fire at B

28-Mar-20
No shot for me!

LOL

28-Mar-20
I'd original 1.5" Spitfire him at B. He is smaller than the Polar Bear but bigger than the Tule I shot with a Spitfire.

28-Mar-20
If they made a mechanical for me I’d put it in b and pull it outta his ham in a few yards.

• Sitka Gear