KSflatlander 02-Apr-20
Grey Ghost 02-Apr-20
Fuzzy 02-Apr-20
maddog 02-Apr-20
maddog 02-Apr-20
Grey Ghost 02-Apr-20
walks with a gimp 02-Apr-20
28-Mar-20
Out of curiosity I checked the effect of ozone to deal with virus control and happily I read positive results. I do not own a ozone device nor do I have any affiliation with anyone that does. It is FYI. I am surprised this topic is not more widely discussed.

28-Mar-20
Glunker I also checked the effect of ozone to deal with virus control particularly corona virus and happily read the positive results.

28-Mar-20
Been using one in the shop where I work.

28-Mar-20
I have wonder about using UV-C light. Similar to how a Steripen is used for water.

28-Mar-20
I bought one and have been disinfecting each room with it.

28-Mar-20
Lot's of relatively inexpensive ozone generators available now online from Scentlok and other similar co's used for scent elimination of hunting clothing. Throw one of those in a cheap vinyl wardrobe closet that zips up and you've got yourself a low budget, at-home decon chamber.

29-Mar-20
Make sure you aren't in a room with the ozone generator running and make sure you air out the room after running one. Ozone will kill your lungs as well as it kills virus.

30-Mar-20
Excellent

30-Mar-20
Has any work been done to see if the HECS suit would have any benefits against it

30-Mar-20
Bet testing is in progress Bou! ;-)

So far, my wool has been proving superior in all respects... No Corona here!

Actually, ozone and UV light will kill viruses quite well. As aspen noted, ozone is not good to breathe as it can kill lung tissue.

30-Mar-20
I saw that about ozone and a light went on when thinking about being told to keep the virus off your face by not touching it. Hard not to touch your face a thousand times a day.

So I bought some Ozonall cream and smeared it on thick. My wife, the nurse, shook her head and said at least I wouldn't have chapped lips in ICU.

30-Mar-20
Ozone is actually used in most ICU patients rooms before they are admitted as and immediately after discharge as it benefits are well known!! Shawn

30-Mar-20
Glunker, I started a thread on this topic a few weeks ago as we have been using an ozone generator to disinfect our church building for a couple years now. For some reason the thread was deleted. Hope it stays up this time as it is a very timely and helpful subject!

30-Mar-20
I heard it's bad for your lungs so I step outside and have a smoke while I'm running it.

30-Mar-20
Junk science...everyone on BS knows those Ozonics machines don’t work! Only a fool would use one!-)

30-Mar-20
"I heard it's bad for your lungs so I step outside and have a smoke while I'm running it."

Its rare I actually laugh out loud when reading something on here. But this one did it for some reason. Well done Sir.

30-Mar-20
Mountainman X2. HAHAHA

30-Mar-20
There are a ton of these residential air purification machines running in peoples homes all over America (except for California) for a long time now and no one has fallen over dead or damaged their lungs from using them. I would think the one that is being put to use in the church when the church is empty probably puts out more O3 than a residential machine. And yes, ozone will take out the corona virus.

30-Mar-20
Evidence is showing CV19 may well be airborne. They will find out very soon if folks are contracting it via shared air.

K’

30-Mar-20

30-Mar-20

02-Apr-20
HH I've seen no supporting data on COVID 19 airborne transmission

02-Apr-20

KSflatlander's Link
I think the jury is still out on whether COVID can infect via aerosols (breathing) as opposed to droplets (coughing, sneezing). See link.

02-Apr-20

Grey Ghost's Link
The jury is definitely still out.

Matt

02-Apr-20
exactly, no supporting data as of yet

02-Apr-20
Ozone can kill virus outdoor has about .oo5 ozone indoor air close to zero so putting some ozone into your houst to kill bacteria,virus and mold is a good idea. to clean a house you should ozone for about two hours when your not in it. then open up the windows and air out and you4r good to go. I put mine on for 15 min to get rid of cooking odor. A good site to look at was www.caricointernational.com then look at their air page be well Maddog

02-Apr-20
Ozone can kill virus outdoor has about .oo5 ozone indoor air close to zero so putting some ozone into your houst to kill bacteria,virus and mold is a good idea. to clean a house you should ozone for about two hours when your not in it. then open up the windows and air out and you4r good to go. I put mine on for 15 min to get rid of cooking odor. A good site to look at was www.caricointernational.com then look at their air page be well Maddog

02-Apr-20

Grey Ghost's Link
This study hasn't been peered reviewed, yet, but its data suggests the virus can survive in aerosol form. Be careful out there, boys.

"HCoV-19 (SARS-2) has caused >88,000 reported illnesses with a current case-fatality ratio of ~2%. Here, we investigate the stability of viable HCoV-19 on surfaces and in aerosols in comparison with SARS-CoV-1. Overall, stability is very similar between HCoV-19 and SARS-CoV-1. We found that viable virus could be detected in aerosols up to 3 hours post aerosolization, up to 4 hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel. HCoV-19 and SARS-CoV-1 exhibited similar half-lives in aerosols, with median estimates around 2.7 hours. Both viruses show relatively long viability on stainless steel and polypropylene compared to copper or cardboard: the median half-life estimate for HCoV-19 is around 13 hours on steel and around 16 hours on polypropylene. Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for multiple hours and on surfaces up to days."

Matt

02-Apr-20
The effective property of ozone is that it goes everywhere. A liquid germ killer that needs to be applied manually can't kill where it isn't applied.

• Sitka Gear