midwest 28-Mar-20
Jaquomo 28-Mar-20
LuckyLeo 28-Mar-20
simek 02-Apr-20
sticksender 02-Apr-20
simek 02-Apr-20
cnelk 02-Apr-20
28-Mar-20
If I draw a limited archery tag and choose to return it will I retain my preference points? I am reading the Colorado regulations and they’re a little confusing. Will they return all of my elk tag fee minus the fee for a preference point? Me and my son applied for Wyoming this year as well and are hoping to get drawn there. So should we draw for the limited archery tag here as a back up? We really don’t want to if we’re gonna lose our points if we draw and return our tag. Or should we just out right apply for a preference point and do a over the counter unit at that point? Thanks for any thoughts Leo

28-Mar-20
You can either get your points back (but not one for this year)

or

Your money back.

You don't get both.

28-Mar-20
As a nonresident they keep the whole $670.25 for me to retain my preference points??

28-Mar-20
Yes

28-Mar-20
Out in for the new draw units as a second choice. You will keep your preference point that way

28-Mar-20
As stated in the regs, you can choose to get a refund OR get your points restored back to the level you had at the end of the prior year. So the decision will depend on whether your points are worth the full cost of a license to you. And also whether you are willing to drop back one year in points. As John mentioned above, no matter what, you'll be losing this year's point in Colorado if you return a license. So if you have barely enough points to draw your target unit, you might want to reconsider, as that could put you years out from drawing again.

28-Mar-20
Thanks Guys, i think we are going to purchase a preference point in Colorado and hope we get drawn In Wyoming. If not we will do otc in Colorado! Thanks for the help!!!

28-Mar-20
Did you apply for WY general? If so, how many points did you have?

28-Mar-20
Jaquomo We have 5 points between us and yes Wyoming general!! Thanks for any thoughts!

28-Mar-20
You're in for Wyo

28-Mar-20
I think 2.5 was right on the edge for WY general last year, but apps may drop off with their new system and dates, plus this virus thing. You should be in.

28-Mar-20
Thanks hopefully we are in! Keeping our fingers crossed!!

02-Apr-20
I have a similar question.

i have a few points. Say I get awarded a second choice tag. In this instance, I'd usually get a tag and get a point, right? Let's say I decide to return it, b/c I drew a better tag elsewhere. Can I return the second choice tag for a full refund (qualifying license and habitat stamp cost), while not losing my points?

02-Apr-20
You can return the big game license as long as there are 30 days remaining before the season starts. But you can't get the money back for the habitat stamp or qualifying license.

02-Apr-20
Gracias!

02-Apr-20
Think of it like this:

Pref Points are ONLY associated with the 1st Choice - EDIT [and the PRIMARY draw]

• Sitka Gear