29-Mar-20

cnelk's Link
Comments? See link

29-Mar-20
Link bad

29-Mar-20
It’s in the Denver Post

30-Mar-20
No wonder the link is bad if it is in the Denver Post. :)

30-Mar-20
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article241604721.html

30-Mar-20
Some people never learn. They think they're like friendly cattle. I see it all summer up here where we live too, dumb people walking right up to them to take photos and selfies.

30-Mar-20

Maverick's Link
"Some people never learn. They think they're like friendly cattle. I see it all summer up here where we live too, dumb people walking right up to them to take photos and selfies."

30-Mar-20

Scrappy's Link
This should work

30-Mar-20
So a moose gets killed for being a moose. In today's world that makes sense I guess.

30-Mar-20
Scrappy is got killed because it was trampling people in the city limits. Sounds like a good reason to me.

30-Mar-20
Don't try and shoo a moose and you won't get trampled. Seem pretty simple to me.

30-Mar-20
The former mayor of Grand Lake got trampled and killed by a moose right on Main Street while he was put for a walk. I was just walking down the road one day when one chased and tried to stomp me. Ron Niziolek was stomped and had his leg broken by one when he was hunting elk. A neighbor lady was stomped on her deck. These Shiras moose are really aggressive and unpredictable.

30-Mar-20
Our boxer got stomped by one in Alaska. The wife was on a walk with him and our golden and they didn't see the moose because it was a heavily wooded area. The dogs didn't chase her but were too close for her comfort evidently. He survived but had a pretty nasty gash by his flank.

I agree with Jaq, they are unpredictable.

30-Mar-20
They are wild, and therefore unpredictable!

31-Mar-20
About 6 years ago I came within an eyelash of getting cow-dozed. I was headed toward camp and walking into a section of shadowy trees on a trail I'd walked dozens of times. I had no concerns and was pondering lunch when a huge brown mass rushed me from maybe 10-15 yards. I yelled and went for the revolver...realized it was a cow. Ears pinned and nothing but insanity in her eyes. She pulled up and glared at me from maybe 3 or 4 big steps. I almost dumped a .44 slug into her but managed to back up a few steps without tripping. She backed up a few steps of her own and then turned to casually walk away.

31-Mar-20
Nice Kevin I always managed to stand behind a pine just in case. I am amazed at how they can disappear in that dense underbrush and willow.

• Sitka Gear