ELKMAN 05-Apr-20
Scooby-doo 05-Apr-20
Bowfreak 05-Apr-20
Matt 05-Apr-20
ESP 06-Apr-20
Matt 06-Apr-20
ESP 06-Apr-20
30-Mar-20
Those who own or shot the Alpha RX4 Carbon and the Axius do they shoot basically the same? Many differences besides price and one being carbon? What do you like or dislike.

30-Mar-20
I like and shoot Hoyt . Have been since 2001. The only difference is the carbon bow has a little hand shock when shooting without accessories. Great bows

30-Mar-20
Like splitlimb says the carbon will have less shock. When it’s really cold the carbon does not feel as cold as aluminum. Just waiting for a buddy to buy my matrix then a rx4 for me.

31-Mar-20
I have shot the turbo line pretty much since it came out. One that I still own and find myself using more than others is the faktor turbo I believe it's a 2014 model but you could still find them new on eBay for a good price I need is a great bow. It's smooth fast dependable I just find myself going to that one more if you're not looking to spend a ton of money right now that's always an option.

31-Mar-20
I shoot the Charger, to me it a very sweet shooting bow. If I was to get something else, it would be an Oneida Eagle. But, I am looking at getting 50-60 lbs. limbs. 60-70 is getting to much for me.

31-Mar-20
I have a RX3 ultra. I’ve been a big fan of the carbon lines. I like the feel of them.

31-Mar-20
I had the Carbon Element, then the Carbon Defiant 34”, and now the Rx3 Ultra, . I do really prefer the Carbon bows, and when it gets cold, they r definitely a hand saver!

01-Apr-20
Carbon on Hoyt for sure. Their aluminums are WAAAY to heavy now.

01-Apr-20
“I had the Carbon Element, then the Carbon Defiant 34”, and now the Rx3 Ultra, . I do really prefer the Carbon bows, and when it gets cold, they r definitely a hand saver!”

Is there a significant difference between the Carbon Element and the RX3 Ultra? I have a CE and was considering a new bow, but am happy with my current bow. Just wondering if I should upgrade?

01-Apr-20
There is not a significant difference between any bow now and a bow 5 years old. However, there are incremental differences and only you can determine if it is worth the upgrade or not. Will you see a fps gain in speed? Maybe. Will it be more quiet at the shot? Yes. Will it be smoother? Possibly, but this is subjective. Will it have less hand shock? Probably. Like I said....there are no huge changes in any bow line just incremental changes that when coupled together may actually win you over.

01-Apr-20
Bowfreak; you are correct...at least in my case. I have a 2015 Hoyt Nitrum 34, it is very accurate and fast (305 FPS). I fell for the sweet song of a new bow and purchased a Hoyt RX-4 Ultra (along with different arrows, sight, quiver and stabilizer). The RX-4 is a sweet shooting bow (not faster, maybe more accurate...we'll see) but not worth the $$$$ difference to the Nitrum.

01-Apr-20
Yes. I feel that both of those bows are better than the element. Better balanced, smoother draw and maybe a little bit sexier! :)

01-Apr-20
I have a couple of carbon Hoyts. My favorite one has been the Carbon Spyder Turbo. It's feels smooth and is very accurate.

02-Apr-20
I don't agree about there being no significant difference in the last 5 years AT ALL. Problem is for Hoyt they have been going in the wrong direction for almost precisely that amount of time. But with other manufacturers like PSE and Bowtech and even mathews they have made big leaps forward in tuning technology, but gone backward in some areas on some manufacturers. Mainly weight being the biggest flaw in the new bows at least relating to hunting.

02-Apr-20
Interesting debate. I’ve switched between Mathews and Hoyt several times over last 15 years. Both are good bows in my view. Currently shooting Hoyt Helix Ultra. Weight of a bow has almost no influence in what bow I buy. I hunt a lot of stand/blind hunting but also mountain stalking etc.

02-Apr-20
Pro Defiant, the DFX Cam is a great one...Actually been looking for the CarbonDefiant also!

03-Apr-20
Ike,

I agree with you, I have both the Pro-Defiant and Defiant 34, both aluminum. Recently purchased the Revolt by Bowtech. I cannot tell a discernible difference in the weight between the Pro and the Revolt. Elkman, I am convinced you have an axe to grind with Hoyt, and I bet their side of the story is much different than yours.

I have no loyalty to either one, but if I could have one only, it would be neither as I would keep my Defiant 34 before both of these and probably the Spyder 34 as well over the Revolt.

The Revolt has a solid back wall with no creep, that is awesome. The Hoyts just feel more stable. I get that I only hunt for whitetails and black bear from stands or turkeys from blinds so I am not carrying them all over the mountains, but if there is a weight difference I cannot tell it. The Hoyts just feel more solid to ME in MY hands. People should shoot what works for them. Bashing one company publicly and constantly that you used to have some ties to while now touting a different company you have established a relationship with, well I hope Bowtech asks you to quit hyping for them. It is a turn-off.

03-Apr-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

03-Apr-20
He can't help himself....Elkman is the worst schill on archery forums. Whoever he pro staffs for is awesome and everyone else sucks. I would venture to guess that Hoyt sees his departure as addition by subtraction. The sad part is he is actually knowledgeable but doesn't have the ability to be intellectually honest. There is nothing groundbreaking on any bow now compared to a bow 5 years ago. Nothing. They still shoot relatively the same speed, they still provide the same accuracy and most can be tuned with little effort. It's so exhausting listening to him and others vomit the same ridiculous and childish statements about Hoyt's old technology crap. Yokes may be old but they are super efficient and they work.

03-Apr-20
The Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34 with the DFX cam is one dang fine shooting bow...makes me wonder why I upgraded to the Rx3 Ultra! Lol!

03-Apr-20
Dino...I hear ya!!!

05-Apr-20
Bowfreak: Shoot what you want. I know I will. If you don't see the changes in the last 5 years....Well that tells me all I need to know about your level of knowledge on the subject. Nuff said. ;-}

05-Apr-20
I shot Hoyt for a few years and the Carbon Matrix was an OK bow. My problem is everyone saying about the tunability of their bows. I have shot Mathews and PSE for quite a few years, 20 plus and once set up properly I have never had to mess with "tuning" the bow. As a matter of fact I shot the same Mathews for 7 years and never tuned it after intial set up, even after changing the string. Shawn

05-Apr-20
LOL! You are a trip Elkman.

05-Apr-20
Shane Chuning (notable bow guru) couldn't say enough good about the tunability and forgiveness of Hoyt's new cam system. I think the issue some folks have is you can't glean that from reading product specs. You actually have to tune and shoot them.

06-Apr-20
I just wished they would make a finger compound again.

06-Apr-20
"I just wished they would make a finger compound again."

They still make a 40" ATA in the target line. Shoot through riser though, which I do not live for hunting.

06-Apr-20
I agree Matt. Not good for hunting.

• Sitka Gear