Mathews Inc.
Talk about taking all the fun out of it.
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
wkochevar 31-Mar-20
Grunt-N-Gobble 31-Mar-20
Ben 31-Mar-20
KSflatlander 31-Mar-20
casekiska 01-Apr-20
Medicinemann 01-Apr-20
Bou'bound 01-Apr-20
Castle Oak 01-Apr-20
drycreek 01-Apr-20
AT Halley 01-Apr-20
wkochevar 01-Apr-20
Surfbow 01-Apr-20
nmwapiti 01-Apr-20
Mad Trapper 01-Apr-20
31-Mar-20
So back on March 7-8th I ordered a new bow from the local shop. ETA 7-10 days... Yippeee just in time for turkey season, Right?!! Well maybe!! The Corona-rita virus rears its ugly head and not only delays the delivery of the bow, but martial law ensues and shuts down the shop its to be delivered too. Last Thursday the not so great news is messaged to me by the shop tech that my bow is supposedly on it's way, but even if it does arrive they don't know if there will be anyone in the shop to accept it, what happens now is anyone's guess...it's now become an official crap shoot...updates when available. Fast forward to today....My bow has arrived and the shop has been allowed to have one person handle the business, fortunately it is the tech who wants to get me my bow (great dude by the way). Here's the catch, for me half the fun in getting a new bow is hanging out in the shop fondling all the cool accessories and choosing what I want on it all in the course of your own time and taking part in the setup. Not today, I have to make decisions on the telephone based on memory of things I thought I might want and trying to do this all while not taking up all his time as well as dealing with the myriad of issues going on in our medical clinic at the same time. Maybe it's just me, but I feel a little short-changed in a process that usually gives me great pleasure and pride in the selection of the final product...for me this happens maybe every 5-7 years. And before anyone pipes up and feels like chastising me about a pity party, trust me I know there are much bigger fish to fry than my bow...we're all living it every day! This bow is still going to make my day when in hand in a few days, curbside ...just a frustration release I suppose and Yes, I'll get over it. Stay safe!! Kip

31-Mar-20
I get it. And you just needed to vent a little. Good luck with your new bow.

31-Mar-20
Martial Law? I didn't know the Army was patrolling Colorado streets and enforcing laws. Haven't even seen on television. First I heard of it.

31-Mar-20
I’m like you regarding picking up the latest accessories. I feel for ya. Best of luck.

So what bow did you get?

01-Apr-20
Hey Kip - good luck. I understand your angst. Your enjoyment of the bow buying process will happen next time and be all that much sweeter. Go get a turkey with your new bow!

01-Apr-20
Take out your frustration on the first gobbler that comes into bow range....

01-Apr-20
The loss of full enjoyment of new toys is a burden none should be expected to bear

Find joy elsewhere in the near term.

01-Apr-20
I get it. It's not about the bow; it's about having a chance to do something that resembles normal. So, don't beat up the OP too badly as we all know that having a chance to participate in normal day-to-day activities is something we're all missing.

01-Apr-20
Yeah, life sucks and then you die, but hopefully not from Covid-19. Have fun and stick a turkey !

We had to cancel our turkey hunt this year due to this crap, so I’m feeling your pain.

01-Apr-20
What's legally stopping the tech from letting you in on private property?

01-Apr-20
Ben, Not really "martial law", just an expression and sort of feels like it. AT - Colorado's stay at home law...Bow hunting apparently doesn't meet the criteria of an Essential Activity?? I don't get it! ;-) KS - Bowtech - Revolt X

01-Apr-20
"Bow hunting apparently doesn't meet the criteria of an Essential Activity??"

I don't think anybody has said that yet, but sorry about your new bow...

01-Apr-20
Got a Revolt X myself just before the craziness hit. Loving it so far. I set mine up with a QAD rest, Spot Hog 7 pin sight, Tight Spot 1 piece quiver. Jury is still out on the quiver. I usually put on 2 piecers, but Bowtech does not offer them. It is nice and tight to the bow, but a little heavier and more rearward than I am used to. Bow seems to shoot fine with or without it.

01-Apr-20
I ordered a new bow and I got a call from the shop owner telling me that it arrived but that the shop is now closed by order of the governor. I have all of the accessories and my own bow press. All that I need is the bow. That was two weeks ago. At least you got your bow :-)

• Sitka Gear