midwest 13-Apr-20
Denali 13-Apr-20
midwest 13-Apr-20
t-roy 13-Apr-20
Buckiller 13-Apr-20
Jims 13-Apr-20
BowSniper 03-Sep-21
05-Apr-20
What brand gets more votes for better all around hunting blind... the current Primos versions of the Double Bull (not the original Double Bulls) or the current Rhino blinds? And why? Thanks!

05-Apr-20
Any how-to videos on the setup of that particular blind, stick??

05-Apr-20
Both could easily make much better blinds for bowhunting if they got rid of the back windows, had the entry door draft free and slider windows for all windows instead of saggy velcro attachments.

More strap attachments for brushing in would be good, too.

05-Apr-20
Have u considered the xenek blinds? They have some very nice features!

05-Apr-20
Xenek all the way. U won't look back.

05-Apr-20
I own both, double bull is better quality. At least that has been my experience. But my DB is ~2006 Matrix and my Rhino is ~2015.

12-Apr-20
Thanks for the replies. Went with the Primos version of the Double Bull. We'll see how they work. If I'm not satisfied maybe I'll give xenek a look. Thanks!

12-Apr-20
I have both and definitely prefer my Double Bulls over my Rhino.

12-Apr-20
The old Rhino blinds when under the original ownership were on par with my original DB's. The new ownership at Rhino has pretty much ran a good company into the crapper. If those are your only choices, go with DB.

12-Apr-20
Another blind to consider is the ASAT Reaper blind. It's very similar to the old DB BS5, plus, the windows are 360. I also like that all the screens are removable if you wish.

13-Apr-20
There was a guy on archery talk trying to sell a BS5 recently for $300. It was 399 new 15 years ago or whatever it was lol

Rick

13-Apr-20
The best double bull blinds are the originals that Keith and Brooks made. Way better quality and canvas. Also lighter. They weren't mass produced like they are now. I have an original T2 and T5. Every other blind on the market now doesn't hold a candle to these. JMO.

My T2 is 16 yrs old, and I use it probably 40 days a season between spring and fall. The wife has sewn the canvas for me multiple times, because I don't want to replace it. It'll suck when I finally have to retire it.

13-Apr-20
I agree the original DB blinds were the best and still are the best blinds out there. Just the material alone is great. Sadly mine is kind of starting to wear out. Material is getting old

13-Apr-20
What blinds have vertical windows other than DB????

13-Apr-20
FWIW...a good neighbor got some of those new see thru blinds (Double Bull??). Whenever it rains or alot of dew....they leak to the inside and anything near the walls gets wet. I can't recall the brand....but heads up on those see-thru blinds.

13-Apr-20

Bluegill68's embedded Photo
Bluegill68's embedded Photo
I have a DB t5 that I would be willing to sell $225.00 shipped, Good condition over all, the corners have some rash on the camo, I had it drying outside in the parking lot, wind came up and rolled it. No damage structurally just some wear on the camo, also included are some replacement poles.

I can email more pics

13-Apr-20
PM sent bluegill

13-Apr-20
I have the original T2 and T5 as well. Never considered another portable after that.

13-Apr-20
If you buy the 500/600 series Rhino's , they are solid. the number indicates fabric weight......the 100/150 series are very light weight......but not the sturdiest. I still love my T2, I wish someone would make a good quality tepee type again.

13-Apr-20
I have two T2's. Snagged one off fb market place last summer...virtually brand new for $60.

I'm about to be the proud owner of a T5 thanks to Bluegill68!

13-Apr-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Dang you, midwest!! JK.......I actually bought 2 “like new“ T5s from a guy on Craigslist 3-4 years ago for $200 each. (That was his asking price) Talk about right place-right time! The wife and I hunted out of one of them this morning. Colder than a well digger’s butt, this morning! 18 degrees with 8 degree windchill. Glad we brought the Little Buddy heater.

13-Apr-20
Few years ago I bought a rhino Xp-1 I think it is. I'm guessing it's 10+ years old. I really like it and think it's somewhat comparable to the older DB. That's the only experience I have with rhino blinds

13-Apr-20
I have an older double bull double wide. It is super sturdy. It's nice having all the room to move around when cooped up for several days! I have hardly used it because I prefer to go blindless. Turkeys where I hunt are super leery of blinds so they don't work. There's no way I'd leave it out in Wyo wind at an antelope waterhole. I know it is sturdy but not 30 to 40+ mph wind sturdy!

03-Sep-21

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
Not sure what to make of these new blinds (like Rhino 180 or Muddy Infinity) with the large panoramic 1-way windows. Or with Rhino 180, the entire two sides of the blind are this 1-way mesh.

I can't see how the 1-way mesh is replaceable when shot thru?!? It looks more like part of the tent wall that slides up and down as a window. I don't want to have to lower the window mesh for an archery shot...

• Sitka Gear