bad karma 08-Apr-20
bad karma 08-Apr-20
bad karma 08-Apr-20
bad karma 08-Apr-20
Buffalo1 08-Apr-20
Bowfreak 08-Apr-20
BowJangles 09-Apr-20
06-Apr-20
Folks, we just spent five days at Shiloh Ranch. The new owners, Jon and Linda Holmes, are first rate. The ranch is in fine shape, lots and lots of good sized pigs. All five of us could find nothing but praise for the job they've done. Matt and Cheryl are doing a wonderful job as pastors at Arbuckle Pentacostal Church. Jon and Linda, their two sons Grant and Rylee, and Country, are doing a wonderful job at Shiloh Ranch.

And Country is still there, as happy as he can be.

06-Apr-20
Good to hear BK! Was going to go this weekend but with the current issues surrounding us it is going to be getting rescheduled unfortunately.

06-Apr-20
If you don't provide photos, how do we know you were really there? Fake news exist everywhere !!

06-Apr-20
Is pig hunting at the Shiloh ranch spot and stalk, stands over feeders, or .......

06-Apr-20
Either option, Les will let you know what is most effective when your there. Can't go wrong either way when there are hitting feeders it non-stop action!

06-Apr-20
Thanks for the update BK. Agree we do need to see pics.

07-Apr-20
Dale06, like KSBOW said, it can be whichever way you want to do it. They have a number of feeders with stands and blinds, but as long as everyone is bow hunting, I believe spot and stalk is also an option. We made our fourth trip down there in July last year, not long after John and Linda bought it from Matt and Cheryl. I got the impression then that things were going to stay pretty much the same as Matt and Cheryl ran things. I did see something at one time asking about interest in using thermal scopes for night hunting during the hottest months, but I don't know if anything came of that. Personally, I've not done any spot and stalk other than when spotting something on the way to a stand, but I may have to give it a serious try this year, assuming we are still able to go.

08-Apr-20

bad karma's embedded Photo
My second one, 160 lb boar.

08-Apr-20

First one, 140 lb sow from no. 8, a new stand.

08-Apr-20

Some rams. These ones were quite wary and a couple were very aggressive fending off the hogs when they we’re near each other

08-Apr-20
That sow was killed on Monday night, a rainy one. Other than that night, the weather was good. Plenty of pigs......I had about 60 come in to No. 7 on Tuesday night.

08-Apr-20
See the first ram's left front leg? He was favoring it, and dropping down on both knees to eat. Best guess was a hog or coyote got to him. But he was clearly limping, and hurting.

08-Apr-20
Dale, we did a fun spot and stalk on Wednesday. I immediately got to within about 15 yds of a good boar, then stepped on a twig..... Then found a bedded boar, got to 10 yds, but he was lying on his side with his back toward me. While trying to figure out a shot, the wind shifted and well, you know the rest. A third one I had at ten yards but he wasn't as big as I wanted so I let him go. So, yes, you can spot and stalk and the new owners let you hunt all day.

08-Apr-20
Nice pigs- great shots. Congrats !

08-Apr-20
I miss that place. I need to get back as soon as possible.

09-Apr-20
Last June I went to Shiloh Ranch with a couple of my buddies. We were the first group to hunt with Jon and Linda. If I hadn't known any better I could easily have assumed they had been running the place for years. Everything went off without a hitch. The lodging was clean and the ranch was full of hogs and deer.

• Sitka Gear