BOWUNTR 08-Apr-20
wildwilderness 08-Apr-20
Lee 08-Apr-20
Trophyseeker 08-Apr-20
lsoiehgoee 26-Apr-20
RacksFurnSkulls 26-Apr-20
07-Apr-20
All,

Need suggestions on shipping an elk euro rack. Good sized bull. A buddy had the rack and plans on shipping it to me but neither of us has shipped a rack before. Any suggestions on how to box it up so it arrives in one piece?

Thanks,

Lee

07-Apr-20
I did this 12 years ago and had a bronze made. We built a crate out of wood and secured the skull to the bottom with screws. To my recollection shipping cost was over $500, each way, and that was from Reno to NY and back.

07-Apr-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I shipped a smaller euro bull. Made a crate from mdf board and some 1x2's. Shipped it back east - shipping cost was $265

It would cost a lot less to cut off the antlers and then re-attach later

07-Apr-20
Thx guys! Pretty good Bull - hate to cut rack off...

Thanks,

Lee

07-Apr-20
Where are you trying to get from and to? Never know might be someone heading that way with empty truck bed? I know a lot less traveling these days.

07-Apr-20
You can cut off the antlers below the pedicles and re-attach later with pins. If the antlers are removed from the skull, you can get by with a much smaller box for a euro. I did removable antlers on a caribou after it was measured and it really makes it much easier to move and hang. Should have done it for my big elk. Check with your local taxidermist or if you left it with a taxidermist out west.

07-Apr-20
PS, I have also done this for velvet euro mounts as well.

07-Apr-20
AZ to IL

07-Apr-20
Where in Arizona

07-Apr-20
Show low

07-Apr-20
Man.......the way shipping companies treat others stuff, I'd be paranoid to ship that. I see how stuff gets delivered to my job site quite frequently and how it rides in those trucks and gets bounced around. From Old Dominion to FedEx to UPS to USPS and many more. That are all the same......

08-Apr-20
Taxidermist in WY shipped mine to MN last fall. Crated up like in pic above. My suggestion is to pay a taxidermist to crate it up for you. They will know all the tips and tricks and best shipper to use. It was a pretty elaborate method that took a lot of careful thought. Certainly worth a couple hundred bucks imho.

08-Apr-20
Good idea.

08-Apr-20
I can get it from Arizona to eastern Nebraska in early November... if you can wait that long. Ed F

08-Apr-20
Take up the offer from Ed! No better way

08-Apr-20
Ed thanks for the offer! I’ll check on it and let you know.

Thanks,

Lee

08-Apr-20

Trophyseeker's embedded Photo
Trophyseeker's embedded Photo
I had one shipped from Montana to Pennsylvania. Here is how it was crated and shipped.

26-Apr-20

lsoiehgoee's Link
Can we buy small smoker for food and meal with these coin?

26-Apr-20
Use Alaska Airline Cargo, as a Known Shipper. Wrap Skull really good, cover tips with foam and your Golden! No need for a box.

• Sitka Gear