Will 10-Apr-20
krieger 12-Apr-20
Ermine 12-Apr-20
Lee 12-Apr-20
Jasper 13-Apr-20
Paul@thefort 13-Apr-20
Hawkeye 18-Apr-20
08-Apr-20
I may have missed where someone posted this before.

I have not listened to the Meateater podcast before, but a friend sent this to me last week. It is a really good, in depth discussion on turkeys, predators, hunting pressure.... I have turkey hunted for 30+ years and learned quite a bit. The first 15 minutes you have to force yourself to get through but the balance of the podcast is on point. The guy has a PhD in turkey research and is a hunter. Great combination.

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/meateater/ep-214-gobbling-your-ass-off

09-Apr-20
That was good.

09-Apr-20
It debunked a lot of common beliefs that I think most turkey hunters have regarding spurs, breeding.... And the guy has a great ability to explain things.

The part on owls was surprising too.

09-Apr-20
This is not about killing them. But about understanding them for the purposes of management.

09-Apr-20
I listened to that podcast with interest. I've hunted turkeys for many years with a certain degree of success, and think I know them fairly well. I certainly learned some things I didn't know. I'll listen to it again.

10-Apr-20
That’s a great podcast with lots of interesting information!

10-Apr-20
Michael, that’s a broad brush you’re painting with. Unpressured Merriams may be dumb and easy to hunt but not Easterns. Spend some time hunting them and they’ll humble you I promise

10-Apr-20
Good podcast, thanks for posting.

10-Apr-20
That's one of my favorite meat eater pods... which is saying something because he has done some fantastic ones! The turkey biology in this one was great!

12-Apr-20
Good podcast, thanks for posting.

12-Apr-20
Come hunt public land pressured merriams in the mountains of Colorado and see if you think they are dumb

12-Apr-20
Great podcast. Really enjoyed it!

Lee

13-Apr-20
What Justin said! ??????

13-Apr-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
YOU TALKING ABOUT ME?
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
YOU TALKING ABOUT ME?
While I have killed my share of turkeys over the years in six different states, it is always great to get a fresh new insight on what these birds actually do when we are around hunting them or regardless if the tom Turkey has his brains in his pants or not. Nicely done. my best, Paul

18-Apr-20

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
What a great episode! Solidified some opinions I've had for some time and opened my mind to many others. Worth a listen for anyone who turkey hunts.

My suspicions on these guys were also discussed and confirmed. Fascinating!

BTW I saw this guy on an highway few years ago and called the raptor center. Was gone when I went to check later.

• Sitka Gear