RD 11-Apr-20
Medicinemann 11-Apr-20
Wonderlust 11-Apr-20
crestedbutte 11-Apr-20
Paul@thefort 11-Apr-20
Owl 12-Apr-20
10-Apr-20

standswittaknife's Link
Not that he needs any help but the episode called "Hunting with your Enemy" was pretty incredible. An Iranian Jew and a Muslim from Iraq becoming best friends and hunting buddies. Great discussion of becoming a hunter for all the right reasons in an industry where it's not too popular. I love all of his podcasts but this one was great. Episode 211.. Just a heads up.

10-Apr-20
I listen to Steve every week. I look forward to it and I tell friends that you will actually learn things on there! Rinella/Putrellis for President! :)

10-Apr-20
He does an absolutely awesome job! Thanks for the share, ill look forward to listening to this one. They had a great one about physical distancing while fishing/hunting recently too.

10-Apr-20
Also the podcast from a couple weeks ago he had a turkey biologist who said the decline in turkey populations is due to predators. Owls kill toms by hitting them on the roost and riding them all the way to the ground. Very interesting.

10-Apr-20
He is stuff is all good in my opinion, wanted to hit the live tour this summer but don't see that happening.

11-Apr-20
Is that owl killing turkeys a newly learned tactic by the owls.

11-Apr-20
Bou - I don't recall if he said it is a new tactic. If I have some spare time I will try to listen to that part again.

11-Apr-20
No, owls have been killing turkeys for years.

11-Apr-20
I learned two things.....1.) hens don't spend a lot of time searching for a Spring nesting site. They search for a nesting site on the day that they are going to lay the eggs (It also made me wonder how they were able to prove or confirm this). 2.) Snakes...especially rat snakes, eat a lot of turkey eggs, as well as poults. The comments about owls made sense, but that wasn't news to me. Increasing barometric pressure correlating with an increase in gobbling also made sense, as animals have always seemed to have an ability to feel impending weather changes, and react accordingly.

11-Apr-20
Listening to any of Steves podcasts is time well spent

11-Apr-20
Had a bald eagle dive bomb my turkey dekes this morning! That is something I had never seen before.

11-Apr-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Just listened to the total podcast. Surely learned a few things, especially on aging a tom and what pressured toms can/may do during the season, and starting the harvest of dominate toms too early and prior to actual breeding, and hen/poult survival. All interesting.

12-Apr-20
Never heard about owl predation. Makes me wonder why they shock gobble at an owl hoot.

• Sitka Gear